PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Users!

1titesi
11-20-2003, 01:22 AM
if any of you guys are interested in buying a carbon fiber hood. do not the buy from OE Tuning (www.oetuning.com). A friend of mine bought their hood, and it didn't fit, and they refused to take it back. They bascially said, sorry, you already installed the hood, it's no longer our problem.

Don't be like my friend and waste hundreds of dollars on a hood, only to be screwed by the company who makes it.

Again, the company is OE TUNING.

ViViDPeArL
11-25-2003, 12:20 PM
TTT, i wanna make sure everyone reads this.

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
holy shit! that's BS! I'd fucking go to where that company is and tell them to say that to my face http://a4.cpimg.com/image/CE/72/26390734-28e4-004B004B-.jpg

ViViDPeArL
11-25-2003, 12:33 PM
yup, asshole....don't deal with him or anyone from his company. he makes other stuff for wrx, nissan, etc...tell everyone you know...BAD COMPANY!

Brettnyt
11-25-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info man! Thats a total shit policy....

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 07:27 AM
I emailed them about it and this is what they said:
"That paticular Si hood was offered "as-is" which we sold for 50% off our msrp. Hood was our 2nd prototype hood which customer clearly understood that there might be slight misfits, however hood was perfect and installed for customer for pickup. There was no problem when we installed on customer car when he picked it up."

ViViDPeArL
11-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I emailed them about it and this is what they said:
"That paticular Si hood was offered "as-is" which we sold for 50% off our msrp. Hood was our 2nd prototype hood which customer clearly understood that there might be slight misfits, however hood was perfect and installed for customer for pickup. There was no problem when we installed on customer car when he picked it up."

Yes, it was offered like that. But the reason why my friend bought it was that he saw the 1st prototype hood, and it fit perfectly. so he bough this thinking it's gonna fit perfectly. IT DIDN'T...and there WAS a problem when they installed it because the hood stuck up about 1/4" so it wasn't flushed. The guy said "just make sure nothing is hitting it, it'll work out perfectly" We took a look at it, removed EVERYTHING that could be in the way, and still...no dice. We got to the point where we removed the hood, and just placed the hood on the car, even without it bolted on the the car, it would not stay flush. Not only did we have fitment problems, but the hood, when you look at it in the sunlight, you can see small spots and what seems to be spots in a i guess you can say dripping down the hood. Also there was a crack in the top left corner that we could not see cuz we picked up the hood at night. Hood was NOT 50% MSRP.

Thing is, we were tricked into thinking that it will fit perfectly like the other hood that we saw, when in fact, it didn't. I don't think that's the 2nd prototype, but rather the first. All in all, tricky bastards, i wouldn't buy from them...save yourself the headache. They sell the hood for $480 or so, and we paid $360 for it. Not only are they liars but they're morons, and i feel that they knew it wasn't gonna fit, and that they just found someone who's willing to buy it thinking that it will fit, when it doesn't.

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 10:55 AM
yeah, they sound like shaddy assholes

ViViDPeArL
11-26-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
yeah, they sound like shaddy assholes

all in all, bad experience, don't deal with them and save yourself the headache of trying to get your money back cuz it's not gonna happen.