PDA

View Full Version : Hondata for less..Interested??

ep3hatchattack
11-21-2003, 01:25 AM
Hi all, I am a bit intrigued by hondata but do not want to pay $600 for it because i feel it is over priced like many of you. I just emailed hondata and asked if I could gather 10-15 people if they would do it for $425. I may have been lowballing a bit, but i think that price is fair for what it does. If anyone is interested reply here or pm me. It may not happen but why not try, i wish someone did this a long time ago.. please dont flame if you think this is not possible, im just trying to help people out.....take care, dave

anti-hu
11-21-2003, 01:50 AM
just wait until early next year when the hondadata ecu is released. 1000 bones i believe it cost.

bobdobbs
11-21-2003, 01:55 AM
Straight swap? That would be cool. Is it tunable?

Vertigo
11-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Her you go Mr. Dobbs. I thought that you had already seen this. Being the post whore that you are...j/k.:D

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23234

bobdobbs
11-21-2003, 02:38 AM
Swanky. Thanks.

phatfreeza
11-21-2003, 03:23 AM
i'm interested in $425 but like civic hatch boi said... they'll probably respond telling you to screw yourself...

not too long ago i saw a group buy for like $595 or something like that... lol... but anyhoo.. good luck! :D

anjapower
11-21-2003, 08:45 AM
you won't get it for 425. Guaranteed.

jaydub
11-21-2003, 08:46 AM
I agree, there's no way you'll get it that cheap, especially when they aren't having any trouble selling them at $600.

Zero Three Si
11-21-2003, 08:50 AM
EP3HatchAttack....let'em talk talk talk talk talk talk talk....

If you get the deal...more power to ya! At least you're trying right.

Group by for $595!!! LOL.... 'nuf said!!!

jaydub
11-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Group buy for $600 with a $10 rebate good for a free t-shirt.

Zero Three Si
11-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
Group buy for $600 with a $10 rebate good for a free t-shirt. Something else to put vasilene on my ass with so they can give it to me IDB!!!

Driftin SI
11-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Something else to put vasilene on my ass with so they can give it to me IDB!!!

LOL :D I guess thats one way of looking at it

Zero Three Si
11-21-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
LOL :D I guess thats one way of looking at it

Conrad...seriously man I had to sound cheap but 600 bucks damn just to allow me to rev an extra 1,000 rpms. Don't get me wrong, I would LIKE to have it...

Who knows maybe one day I'll break down and get it.:D

RMC22
11-21-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
[B]because i feel it is over priced like many of you. B]

You think that we are overpriced? :'(

Driftin SI
11-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Conrad...seriously man I had to sound cheap but 600 bucks damn just to allow me to rev an extra 1,000 rpms. Don't get me wrong, I would LIKE to have it...

Who knows maybe one day I'll break down and get it.:D

I hear you there, I am having a hard time justifying it as well. Maybe one day, we'll see. I have a feeling it will go down in price sooner or later. Oh well, I'm happy with my 6800 limiter for now.

KandGTurbo
11-21-2003, 02:50 PM
Hey ep3hatchattack,

At the risk of offending you, why not just get a GReddy e-manage unit instead? I understand that Hondata only makes componants for Hondas but that exclusivity is what jacks their prices up so high. Whereas GReddy has such a broad base of products for so many makes and models they are able to sell you something for less then Hondata will ever offer. The basic GReddy e-manage unit does the same job as the Hondata and I could sell you the GReddy basic e-manage unit for $290.00 plus shipping. With the money you save on the ECU you could buy something else for your car that would otherwise have to wait.

Let me know.

K&G's Turbo 727-847-1094
KandGTurbo@aol.com
KandGTurbo.com

BlasTech
11-21-2003, 03:33 PM
So Greddy Emanage lets you raise the redline? Are there any preset mappings for the Si available... one of the advantages to Hondata flash is that you dont run the risk of screwing the engine up with an untested setting.

Tenacious G
11-21-2003, 03:43 PM
for that low price, perhaps they didn't go through all the R&D that Hondata did for the pre-set maps (which they use to justify the high price). i could be wrong. but still, sounds like a viable alternative to Hondata. how about some more info, KandGTurbo.

Rueda del Queso
11-21-2003, 03:51 PM
Even if there aren't preset maps, you could spend some money to get someone who knows what they are doing to tune it for you and still come out under 600. I think the best thing to do though is wait until hondata releases that $1000 kit. If you are able to program with it from a computer, you obviously will have access to the hondata program and their pre-set maps. Then, whoever the nice guy who buys it is, uploads the maps to ephatch and people can just buy an e-manage and use the hondata maps with it. This of course assumes that hondata maps can be converted to work with the e-manage.

DavidT
11-21-2003, 04:11 PM
If Hondata will let us do a group buy for $425, you can count me in on a reflash. I highly doubt it though :'(

ep3hatchattack
11-22-2003, 01:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KandGTurbo
[B]Hey ep3hatchattack,

At the risk of offending you, why not just get a GReddy e-manage unit instead? I understand that Hondata only makes componants for Hondas but that exclusivity is what jacks their prices up so high. Whereas GReddy has such a broad base of products for so many makes and models they are able to sell you something for less then Hondata will ever offer. The basic GReddy e-manage unit does the same job as the Hondata and I could sell you the GReddy basic e-manage unit for $290.00 plus shipping. With the money you save on the ECU you could buy something else for your car that would otherwise have to wait.

Let me know.

Wow... I had not clue that the emanage was that cheap. Im paying $1750 a month for rent in my apartment, along with car payments, insurance, food etc, a fucking $1400 (not a typo) phone bill, and i dont work so my parents have been paying all that because i am just about to graduate from Cosmetology School and so i havent been able to have a job, so because that phone bill it might not be the best time to ask him for money, so this would be outta my pocket and i just got the phone bill after i posted this, but uhh, it sounds good and i am interested and i will get back to you and stay in touch over the next 2 days. I appreciate the feedback, and no it wasnt offending, it was a nice heads up on ur part. thanks, dave

ep3hatchattack
11-22-2003, 01:58 AM
Thanks for the feedback, and hell yeah its a long shot, and you never know till you try... i appreciate everyones feedback, and help, this site has helped alot. Once again thanks to all the comments...except CIVICHATCHBOI, your a fucking posting whore bitch, you need to stop all the stupid comments, i read them everywhere but never flame you when i want but now that this threads first response was a dumb one by you, then yeah, go fuck yourself you cocksucker...... sorry to the rest of you who read this, its been boiling inside me with every stupid comment he makes to people, i was only trying to help the rest of you..

siver-SI
11-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by KandGTurbo
Hey ep3hatchattack,

Let me know.

K&G's Turbo 727-847-1094
KandGTurbo@aol.com
KandGTurbo.com

WOW if hondata was at that price it would be in my car right now. Just wondering if I am looking to get a turbo is it a waste of money right now to get any kind of ECU upgrade?

andy
11-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
WOW if hondata was at that price it would be in my car right now. Just wondering if I am looking to get a turbo is it a waste of money right now to get any kind of ECU upgrade?

If you really want a turbo, wait. Hondata will be releasing a user
customizable ECU early next year and I think AEM's EMS will also
hit the streets about that same time.

As for this GReddy e-Manage unit, I've never heard it talked about
in reference to a K-series and specifically the K20A3 (our motor).
I'd like to more details about it, but it sounds like a VAFC more
than anything (which is a lot less than what Hondata offers). And
yes, the $600 Hondata price is still steep, IMO.

Mighty_Mouse
11-23-2003, 12:05 AM
All you were doing was talking out of your ass. If you want to do something, call Hondata, get them to agree to your group buy price, then let everyone know. Until then, you're just wasting everyone's time.

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 12:27 AM
If it were a group buy for sure it wouldnt be posted in the discussion area, therefore your wasting your own time. I didnt tell you to reply to this....

Mighty_Mouse
11-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
If it were a group buy for sure it wouldnt be posted in the discussion area, therefore your wasting your own time. I didnt tell you to reply to this....

Put up or shut up.

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Put up?? I dont know how you can just talk to someone over the internet that you dont know and talk so much bullshit. Its sad to see a site meant to help people learn and lend a hand has become a battle ground for arguments. I have no problem with you, i have never met you. I never meant to harm anyone from this discussion so why is it that i get disrespect. Maybe i should have waited till Hondata called me back to post and im sorry if i wasted your time, but im not into arguing for matters like this.. I just like cars and thats what im here to talk about, so cant we all just get along. take care, dave

Mighty_Mouse
11-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Hondata doesn't do group buys. The only one that they support (other than the $595 one) is $50 off when three or more ECUs are sent in at once (in the same box). Next Day Air and insurance are also extra with that group buy, so it comes out to around $575 per ECU.

Good luck, but there have been many threads like this one in the past.

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 01:25 AM
I guess the 3 ECUS is a Decent deal, but that requires to much unless you all live in the same town.... take care, dave

ecsahs3
11-23-2003, 12:59 PM
I would be interested.

Mugen_EP
11-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Edited and reopened thread. Lets stay on topic this time guys.

-Tony

eurosteez
11-24-2003, 12:13 AM
wow nazi mods rule!! I just figured out why threads change time to time;)

jdkindle
11-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Hondata protects its dealers from price gouging by not allowing them to offer lower prices; its just something to keep one dealer from monopolizing really.

In light of the Christmas spirit; Kindle Racing is offering something that may interest you if you are interested in possibly getting something out of the deal;

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25010