PDA

View Full Version : hayame coilovers ???

Ep3_kid
11-21-2003, 09:36 AM
does anybody know this coilovers?? i was searching around on ebay and i found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33586&item=2443891250... and i was wondering if this is a good set up... have you ever heard of that brand :p :p ???

Burgh
11-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Heh, funny, someone over at HT just asked the same question and was referred to this post -

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=591054

Do they make these for our Si?

Civicvtec1ps
11-21-2003, 10:31 AM
There is long thread about hayame coilovers. Couple members has them on rsx's but noone ever posted actual pictures of coilovers. Waiting for good reviews..

Ep3_kid
11-21-2003, 10:39 AM
i dont know if they fit "our" car... but if you go to urbanimport.com or something like that... they say 01-03 civic.. i dont know if they are refering to the si... i emailed them.. and i didnt have a response yet..

Ep3_kid
11-21-2003, 10:41 AM
the good thing about them is that they cost 650... that's why im interested :D :D .. also the shocks are manufactured by tokiko.. so i dont think they'll blow easily

JDMEM2
11-21-2003, 01:18 PM
There have been posts on Clubrsx about them and the people that got them really liked it. The shocks are made by tokiko and modified to become full coils. I know that some peeps on 7thgencivic.com have it on their coupes and sedans already. The price is cheap because this is a lower quality than tein, jic, etc. but the quailty is still good compared to other brands. I know that Hayame makes good exhausts but just never heard of full coils. Ill try to find the post of the reviews or pics of it.

Ep3_kid
11-21-2003, 07:03 PM
nobody found good info on these coilovers??

Ep3_kid
11-21-2003, 07:26 PM
wow guys.. look what i found... good responces about them on rsx's
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98517&perpage=25&highlight=hayame%20coilovers&pagenumber=7
rsx owners are happy with them..
but im wondering if those are made for our cars ...

jaydub
02-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Wow, I'm actually impressed by what I've read.

Here's another review, by someone at 7thgencivic.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134001

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 04:04 PM
VNlilMAN wrote that.
Good review.
FYI. You can get Tokico shocks separately, if you need to replace them later.
Its $100 EACH.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:06 PM
That's really not bad at all. I'm getting closer to making this a reality... gotta talk to the wifey. :D

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:10 PM
you know, another thing I read in that long 15 page topic is that the steering arms are lower on the hayames, which is GREAT.

03EP3SiHB
02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
hayame coilovers are the biggest pieces of shit!!!!!!!!!! I think they are made in China!!!!!!!! They are a product of SPW Industries, plus why do you want to put something on your car that does not fit or have to be modified. hayame makes themselves look like JDM thing when tehy are from China, mang! Anyways save your $650 and get some more skrilla saved and buy some JDM coilovers like Tein.

2fastcivic
02-09-2004, 04:14 PM
i brother just got hayame coilovers put on his rsx. nice quality and the ride and handling is good compared to his skunk2 coilovers. you can even adjust the shocks too. i was gonna get it for my Si too but they dont make it for us :( l.

Civicvtec1ps
02-09-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by 03EP3SiHB
hayame coilovers are the biggest pieces of shit!!!!!!!!!! I think they are made in China!!!!!!!! They are a product of SPW Industries, plus why do you want to put something on your car that does not fit or have to be modified. hayame makes themselves look like JDM thing when tehy are from China, mang! Anyways save your $650 and get some more skrilla saved and buy some JDM coilovers like Tein.
This is how i look at it.
Quality / Function > Price / Name

Hayame is well known company.
Many Clubrsx members are happy with Hayame parts.
Nothing wrong with Hayame full coilovers. Same exact spring rate as Tein basic but hayame has Upper mounts.
Straight forward install. I am not bashing on Tein products.
I had Tein ss. Excellent suspension mod.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:18 PM

1) calm down.

2) the Hayame coilover have a sticker on them which plainly reads "made in Japan." Shall we mention the fact that the internals are Tokico shocks?

3) A name brand does not always mean a better product.

4) The teins aren't specific for our car either.

5) JDM is gay.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:19 PM
And for good measure.
http://images4.fotki.com/v47/photos/4/42677/132537/IMG_0001-vi.jpg

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 04:21 PM

Made from china? where'd you get that? and yes SPW industries is a major DISTIBUTOR of them.

As far as them fitting on the SI's with no problems. If the tein's for EM2s fit without any problems hayames will fit without problems as well. Someone told me teins fit without mods tho which is kinda weird seeing how they were made for the 01-02 EM2 app which comes with a 14mm hole, not a 16mm one.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
Made from china? where'd you get that? and yes SPW industries is a major DISTIBUTOR of them.

As far as them fitting on the SI's with no problems. If the tein's for EM2s fit without any problems hayames will fit without problems as well. Someone told me teins fit without mods tho which is kinda weird seeing how they were made for the 01-02 EM2 app which comes with a 14mm hole, not a 16mm one.

maybe they just got lucky! :D

btw, your writeup was great, it's cool to see that someone took a shot at something other than the norm (i.e. tein, JIC, KW) and was impressed with their results. :)

03EP3SiHB
02-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Okay, so I am wrong, get that on your quotes, I admit I am wrong. Sorry about that, but one thing JDM is not Gay. For not for JDM our cars would not be more then a gas and oil changing Hyundai or some POS car that has nothing going for it.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Okay, so I am wrong, get that on your quotes, I admit I am wrong. Sorry about that, but one thing JDM is not Gay. For not for JDM our cars would not be more then a gas and oil changing Hyundai or some POS car that has nothing going for it.
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'll stick with my conception.

The whole "JDM" thing is retarded, and has nothing to do with this current discussion.

03EP3SiHB
02-09-2004, 04:31 PM
Okay whatever.

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 04:39 PM
Stay on topic or else you guys are going to get banned.. oh wait i'm not a mod here.. haha anyways...

One major thing that sold me was the ability to adjust the actual length of the shock like JICs rather than lowering the perch. Our suspension travel is very short and i would bottom out all the time with a 2.25" neuspeed race(keep in mind these are stiffer than most springs out there).
Since you change the shock length with the hayames you dont have this problem anymore and you still have the 3"(or so) length of shock travel even with a 2.5" drop. So ya this means no more bottoming out at all.
And you know with most coilovers, lower you go, worse the ride. You dont have this with hayames. The ride is the same at 0" drop as it is with a 2.5" drop. That why i would highly recommend it over tein basics. It will probably ride even better than those because of this. And no its not as great as tein ss because it does lack the adjustable dampening feature but for most people, that feature isnt worth $500.

jaydub
02-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by VNlilMAN
Stay on topic or else you guys are going to get banned.. oh wait i'm not a mod here.. haha anyways...

One major thing that sold me was the ability to adjust the actual length of the shock like JICs rather than lowering the perch. Our suspension travel is very short and i would bottom out all the time with a 2.25" neuspeed race(keep in mind these are stiffer than most springs out there).
Since you change the shock length with the hayames you dont have this problem anymore and you still have the 3"(or so) length of shock travel even with a 2.5" drop. So ya this means no more bottoming out at all.
And you know with most coilovers, lower you go, worse the ride. You dont have this with hayames. The ride is the same at 0" drop as it is with a 2.5" drop. That why i would highly recommend it over tein basics. It will probably ride even better than those because of this. And no its not as great as tein ss because it does lack the adjustable dampening feature but for most people, that feature isnt worth $500.

I am a mod here. ;) Anyway, back on topic. How long have you had them on? I saw your pics and the ride height is really nice. Another thing, someone mentioned that the steering arm is lower on these, which would be a great thing considering the squeaking steering rack some of us are having as a result of the extreme angle of the steering arms after lowering. Did you notice that?

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 04:59 PM
you know what i never expereinced the squeeking steering with any of my suspension. so ya not sure what the problem you guys are having. I've had neuspeed sports, race and ground controls on stock shocks. with my race the tie rods were really high and looked like it was close to hitting the top but ya even then i never had any squeeking. popping and clanking yes but never squeeking

jaydub
02-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I think our steering rack might be different from yours though. My squeak might also be due to the fact that my tie rod boots are shot to hell and the fluid is leaking out. :o

VNlilMAN
02-09-2004, 05:05 PM
mine are too(well not that badd) but it'll cause more of a clicking/popping than creaking

Ep3_kid
02-10-2004, 01:05 PM
can we make this coilovers fit in our cars??

VNlilMAN
02-10-2004, 01:29 PM
yes all you have to do is drill the 14mm holes into 16mm holes. its the 2 bolts on the front on each side.
but then people are saying tein basics fit without any mods, if this is the case, hayames should fit without mods as well