PDA

View Full Version : 2004 civic si

anti-hu
11-21-2003, 01:26 PM
the 2004 civic si has just been released, you can check it out at www.hondacars.com

Driftin SI
11-21-2003, 01:28 PM
excellent, thanks for the update

anti-hu
11-21-2003, 01:33 PM
the kingmotorsports black mugen ep is on there which i thought was pretty cool. along with the honda suck ass "performance" package ep.

r3p00c
11-21-2003, 01:40 PM
the info on the '04 s2000 is up, too...

by the way, isn't it great that they STILL have '2.3 liter..' on the build and price section? you'd think they would have caught that like a year and a half ago...

anti-hu
11-21-2003, 02:02 PM
ok a closer look at the red si and well that doesnt look like the hfp body kit. who makes that front bumper and grill on the red one, it looks pretty nice.

the JigGa mAn
11-21-2003, 02:04 PM
the red si is hondas concept one...if im not mistaken it is also boosted...i dont think honda has that body kit for general public sale or any type of sale for that matter

Hatch, Si Hatch
11-21-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by r3p00c
the info on the '04 s2000 is up, too...

by the way, isn't it great that they STILL have '2.3 liter..' on the build and price section? you'd think they would have caught that like a year and a half ago...

If you read the small print on the picture it says that the cars pictured are race, show, or concept cars. The red one is a honda concept vehicle, its the one w/ the turbo kit from greddy that was featured at all the car shows in 2002 or so.

Zero Three Si
11-21-2003, 02:27 PM
There wasn't an option for the 4,000 dollar kit when you "build/price" your own Si. I wonder if maybe that kit really isn't coming out.

Finger
11-21-2003, 03:23 PM
in small print:
Vehicules shown are show cars(...) modified with non-genuine honda parts(...)may void the warranty, negatively impact the performance(...)

Isn't it funny?

ep3si02
11-21-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
There wasn't an option for the 4,000 dollar kit when you "build/price" your own Si. I wonder if maybe that kit really isn't coming out.

i was wondering the same thing but if you look under the gallery they have a black hfp si for one of the pictures.

anti-hu
11-21-2003, 04:23 PM
the hfp package is a dealer installed option. you will notice that for all the cars that have the hfp available they are not listed on the website under accesories.

bobdobbs
11-21-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Finger
in small print:
Vehicules shown are show cars(...) modified with non-genuine honda parts(...)may void the warranty, negatively impact the performance(...)

Isn't it funny?
It actually says "non-Genuine Honda parts" with capitalization like that some special category they sell. It sounds like they translated the text using BabelFish!

I wouldn't mind the side skirts, but I'm still glad I have an '03...

f4hondaphile
11-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Looks like the rear sway on the '04 has grown 2mm to a 17mm. Other technical specs seem same same from a quick look, aside from the 16inch wheels ofcourse.

Surprise
11-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Has highway MPG increased to 31 from 30? Is the crank case capacity the same?

Surprise
11-21-2003, 07:01 PM
It also states that a cargo net is standard. Same thing they said when the 02's came out.

blueiedgod
11-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Ok, I really like the integrated hands free cell phone interface that is now being offered on the 2004 Si, as well as Variable Intermittent wipres, and finally they decided to offer Honda Cassette player add-on. I guess I will be calling the parts department at my dealer to see if i can get the new wiper stalk to include the variable intermittent wipers and see if the new nead lights will fit our car. I really like the idea of separate hi and low beam capsules, that way I can add DOT approved HID's.

Oh, yeah, I should probably ask them about the 2.3 liter engine too, lol

PogoFX
11-21-2003, 09:46 PM
Go through the Honda site and "build" and Si to get a price. Not only does it say you get a 2.3L, it also says you get 15" wheels instead of 16". Those are pretty silly mistakes. Honda could have paid a 10 year old kid $5 to proof read their site and I'm sure he/she would have caught that. Poor attention to detail isn't gonna help Honda sell more Si's.:(

pLopSI
11-22-2003, 01:07 AM
I hate to admit it, but i'm actually beginning to find a liking to the face-lifted 2004 si. I saw the vids of the si rolling on the site n' it looked pretty good. I think how they changed the headlights was pretty cool. I also like the idea of a seperate low beam and high beam.

chubbychu
11-22-2003, 01:16 AM
whatever happened to this one?
http://4hs.org//pv/2003/11/04/HON2003110449192_pv.jpg

chubbychu
11-22-2003, 01:18 AM
well, as far as rims go...i love them, and headlights arent as pretty as the 02-03 ones but still nice

bobdobbs
11-23-2003, 12:56 AM
I saw this in redronin's sig and sure enough, it's right on the hondacars.com site:

"Presenting the 2004 Civic Si, for your consideration.
But consider quickly, 'cause the Civic Si doesn't like to stay in one place very long. And why should it? The Si is built for speed. This high-performance vehicle packs more punch than you'd ever expect. Unless, of course, you've had the pleasure of driving one before."

Does that strike anyone else as ridiculous?

BluePearl03Si
11-23-2003, 04:50 AM
Bobdobbs: I think they are implying the vehicle will roll away from you if you do not set the parking brake while standing next to it deciding if you want to buy it because of the headlights. (Not that the brake holds well anyway)

"This high performance vehicle packs more punch than you'd ever expect"

Sell it with the K20A2 and that'll ring true...

And what gives with the fucking headlights? Don't they do reaction tests with people? And if so, where did they get the morons who picked this one as the best?

I like the old headlights, and what's with the yellow rear turn signals? Tricolor? Why?

And those wheels, 16 inches, great! But why the 10 spoke wheels in that very unsporty layout. I know the stock 02-03 wheels we're 10 spoke, but in a 5 layout that let you see the puny brakes rotors....oh, I just answered my own question.

I bet you will see 04 owners doing 03 headlight and tailight conversions, not the other way around...

HokieSi
11-23-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Bobdobbs: I think they are implying the vehicle will roll away from you if you do not set the parking brake while standing next to it deciding if you want to buy it because of the headlights. (Not that the brake holds well anyway)

"This high performance vehicle packs more punch than you'd ever expect"

Sell it with the K20A2 and that'll ring true...

And what gives with the fucking headlights? Don't they do reaction tests with people? And if so, where did they get the morons who picked this one as the best?

I like the old headlights, and what's with the yellow rear turn signals? Tricolor? Why?

And those wheels, 16 inches, great! But why the 10 spoke wheels in that very unsporty layout. I know the stock 02-03 wheels we're 10 spoke, but in a 5 layout that let you see the puny brakes rotors....oh, I just answered my own question.

I bet you will see 04 owners doing 03 headlight and tailight conversions, not the other way around...

I agree, the new Civic Si = GAY!!! I will not buy another Honda product unless it says Type-R and offers the associated performance. They are only hurting a car that never sold that great anyway. I went to asked a dealer in blacksburg, va his opinion on the car and they he said "its not selling cause its ppl dont like the style that and its lackluster performance."

Also, you will see about as many Civic Si's with the HFP kit as you do normal civics coupes with the HFP kit. I've seen none.

potator
11-23-2003, 11:38 AM
At first, when I logged onto the Civic Si page, I saw those two on the front, and thought that's how the Si came stock as of 2K4. LOL. Yeah, then I read the fine print and had a good laugh. I realized that the new Si is the same thing as the 02-03's, but just uglier this time around. The ONLY thing I wouldn't mind about it is the 5-lug pattern. The rims look hideous to me. And the lights? Some fools at Honda were smoking some good crack when they designed those. I'm just glad I was lucky enough to buy my Si before these ugly 2K4 models. *Hugs his 2K2 EP*

vivid blue Si
11-23-2003, 08:02 PM
I went to my local dealer web site and it said they had a red 04 in stock I will go there tomorrow and check it out!

bobdobbs
11-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by vivid blue Si
I went to my local dealer web site and it said they had a red 04 in stock I will go there tomorrow and check it out!
Red? No such thing in a USDM EP3, unless they painted it. I bet it's a Civic coupe in Rallye Red.

BlackNRedSi
11-23-2003, 08:20 PM
yeah i love it....what made honda realize from 02-04 to lower our car?! what a buncha dipshits!

Surprise
11-23-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
yeah i love it....what made honda realize from 02-04 to lower our car?! what a buncha dipshits!

According to the website for the 04 model year and the dealer brochure for the 03 model year the height has remained the same, 56.7 inches.

bobdobbs
11-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
I bet the '02-'03 ride height is dictated by federal headlight requirements. Hence, the new headlights.

Surprise
11-23-2003, 10:34 PM
Nobody listens to me.:'( :(

bobdobbs
11-23-2003, 10:42 PM
I thought there was a 1/2" difference in the '04. I searched and can't find where I read that. :confused:

streaker666
11-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Hold up, does anyone know whether the specs of the braking system on the 2004? I'm just wondering if 5-lug conversions can now be done with Honda factory parts straight from another Civic Si/SiR...(man, so many more choices on wheels...)

redronin22
11-23-2003, 11:09 PM
If they were smart they would have made it look like a CTR for 04 and perhaps a detuned k20a2. But why detune it in the first place? after all 200 hp isnt much these days and will give it mid level power at best.

Honda not only dropped the friggin ball since 02' they decided for 04 they would stick a nail in it to see it deflate its looks even further.
Im sorry but Honda completely lost this round of the sport compact wars. Maybe IF that HFP came with the Greddy turbo it would sell =-)

A body kit ($1000) a shift knob ($50 a exhaust ($500)springs and shocks ($800) doesnt seem to = 4k to me. Throw in the turbo and we might have a deal otherwise dont even try. Its pathetic Honda, US customers deserve better than that.
No knock on Singapore but even THEY GET A CTR. WTF??

Why does Honda neglect their biggest market?

raiyo
12-05-2003, 08:06 PM
I know, I know, u guys seen it all. I just want to share what my friends got from the car show in my car. I wasn't there. :'( But my friends took some pics for me.

http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-1.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-2.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-3.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-4.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-5.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-6.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-7.jpg
http://normanlui.com/civicsi/civic_si-8.jpg

Zero Three Si
12-05-2003, 08:10 PM
I see baby rotors.

blueiedgod
12-08-2003, 01:47 PM
I just realized that 2004 also has "auto window up" feature i have been trying to enable on my 2002.