PDA

View Full Version : My Showstoppers Experience

van_yammer
11-21-2003, 04:26 PM
In the last few months I've had a few of things done at Showstoppers. Everything went nice and easy, great guys to work (not that I did anything) with, and excellent prices.

Here are the 5 things I had done (in order of installation):
1. AEM Cold Air Intake - Worth it for the sound alone. I did this at the same time as the cat-back and intake manifold gasket, so I can't say where the power is coming from, but if I had to only pick one mod to do, this would be it.
2. Hondata Intake Manifold Gasket - Installed at the same time as the cat back and intake, so I can't tell how much difference there is. It does keep the intake manifold much cooler.
3. Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust - sounds great, fairly deep and not too loud (once it broke in). Very happy with it.

(2 weeks later)
4. Tein Springs - about 1.5" lower on stock shocks. I had no idea that the springs would make such a difference, but the handling has changed quite a bit. If my shocks last a while, this mod is well worth the (already low) price.

(2 weeks later)
5. DC Stainless Header - Really helped the top end, I installed this last, and I can feel a real difference in 5th on the freeway. This was really loud the first week I installed it, but has quieted down a lot now. I don't feel this nearly as much as I felt the other mods I made, not even on the butt-dyno, except at freeway speeds.

Thank you to Showstoppers, and to the GM Card.

fishboy
11-21-2003, 06:07 PM
how much do they charge to put the IM gasket in?

van_yammer
11-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I think it was $30.

dw735
11-22-2003, 12:42 AM
yeah chuck has some good install prices, also nate does some good work

Peking
11-22-2003, 05:35 AM
You lucky guys, here finding good folks who do installs at a good price is almost not possible. Better here to do it yourself, which I guess overall is a good thing.

STP03BlueSI
11-22-2003, 07:24 AM
Yea SSUSA, are by far one of the best performance companies i have delt with!!

redronin22
11-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Agreed, Chuck & Rocky get you exactly what you want, when u want it. :angel:

NYSI
11-22-2003, 08:48 PM
you guys are locky there are no great shops like Showstoppers in NY i wish they where around here good for the guys at Showstoppers keep the good work

redronin22
11-23-2003, 11:14 PM
I wonder why the import industry isnt as hard hitting on the East as it is one the West coast?

chet
11-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by NYSI
you guys are locky there are no great shops like Showstoppers in NY i wish they where around here good for the guys at Showstoppers keep the good work

Maybe Chuck and Rock could take up the donation plate, get them selves cloned, and then they could go National. A Showstoppers USA in every state!!! They're the bomb. After all of the bullshit I've dealt with by ordering online or through catalogs over the phone, it has been a real treat to find guys that do business like Rocky and Chuck.