PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo!! Just got a phone call. . .

Champ Masters
11-21-2003, 04:46 PM
. . .from Oscar at Jackson Racing! My supercharger(street version) is shipping out on Monday and should be at my house on Tuesday or Wednesday. Works out perfect for the holiday! My buddy and I are going to install it the day after Thanksgiving. If all goes well, I should have impressions and pics by this weekend:)

Mugen_EP
11-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Congrats...looking forward to a full write up and review.

DavidT
11-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Sweet. Hope everything goes well. You just spent $1000 per 10 HP :D

DarkHatch
11-21-2003, 04:59 PM
So how much is the street version for the si?

EP33
11-21-2003, 05:45 PM
I can wait for ya! & don't fuc* it up. BTW do you have a Helm manual for your SI? I've read that it's necessary to get the proper torques for bolts & sheet.

Good Luck:D

mhx
11-21-2003, 05:55 PM
ya let us know how the thing works for ya..

fishboy
11-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
Sweet. Hope everything goes well. You just spent $1000 per 10 HP :D

dude 1hp per $100 dollars sounds about right when it comes to mods. :D

Vivid-Cruz
11-21-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by fishboy

agreed

BluePearl03Si
11-21-2003, 07:49 PM
Unless it's a Cold Air Intake, way less than 100 bucks per HP.

Or a N/X kit.

But the N/X kit only gives it to you power for a bit and you can blow your engine. However a Turbo does the same thing, slowly.

Fast with a Nitrous heart attack or tubo cancer, which way do you want your engine to go?

Lucid Moments
11-21-2003, 09:07 PM
Unbelievable dude:D
Let us know how it goes

DavidT
11-22-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by fishboy

So you guys are willing to pay $100 for 1 additional HP. :eek: :confused: I don't want to fuss up the post but the JRSC only adds like 40 WHP...they claim 179 WHP with the street version. If all you were looking for was straight line aceleration (Which I bet 80% of you guys are on this board) I'd rather go with n2o. With a 75 shot of n2o, the A3s will put 190-205 WHP easy. Most wet n2o kits only run like $500 or less if you can find'em used.

If you were auto-crossing or into SCCA I can understand the JRSC...it's just a lot of doh for 40-50 WHP. Not to mention the labor cost of installing it if you don't do it yourself.

Anyhow, good luck Champ Masters. Let us know how it goes, I'm curious to see how complete the kit is how long our motors will last boosted all the time.

Peking
11-22-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Unless it's a Cold Air Intake, way less than 100 bucks per HP.
Or a N/X kit.
But the N/X kit only gives it to you power for a bit and you can blow your engine. However a Turbo does the same thing, slowly.
Fast with a Nitrous heart attack or tubo cancer, which way do you want your engine to go?

Your engine going out like that will happen if you don't keep changing out parts, and taking care of them as well as you can. N/X can be fun and safe with moderation.

STP03BlueSI
11-22-2003, 06:36 AM
Congrats on the purchase. Make sure u take some pics of the nice new product!!!:blushm: :smilem:

Silverstreak
11-22-2003, 07:34 AM
I can only dream of mods like that. I want one sooooo bad. I am thinking of putting in a 50 shot untill I can afford the jrsc. But yeah post some pics and a detailed install when your done. And have fun.

BluePearl03Si
11-22-2003, 05:41 PM
I'm getting the NX Kit because I am a college student who doesn't have the money for a turbo/supercharger and install.

Think of all the stuff you can get with 5K if you spend your money wisely, as opposed to a turbo/supercharger

Intake
Header
Exhaust
N/X kit
Coilovers
Wheels/Tires
Front/Rear bars
BC Body Kit
Seats+Harness
Short Shift Kit
Hondata
LED Squirters.....Just kidding.
And prolly more, like a CF hood or Slotted/Cross drilled rotors

That's ALOT of stuff

Or one Supercharger/Turbocharger.

If I really wanted a supercharger or turbocharger, I woulda bought a WRX. N/A tuning is alot of fun, see what you can wring out without boost. I mean that's one of the amazing things about the S-2000.

myeverlovinsir
11-22-2003, 06:08 PM
This setup is available from NOPI for 2918 US funds. and am not feeling it. I opted for the race version (900 more) which will be out in the next couple of weeks from JR. Of course you know the race version of what JR is offering is not the same as the Hondata version. JR offers a 'race' header with its setup. Hondata and JR both offer larger fuel injectors, and I am sceptical about who will be better in the long run. Thinking that if you go the race version with JR and then the race tune with hondata you will get the best of both. jmo;)

TrippZ
11-22-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
I'm getting the NX Kit because I am a college student who doesn't have the money for a turbo/supercharger and install.

Think of all the stuff you can get with 5K if you spend your money wisely, as opposed to a turbo/supercharger

Intake
Header
Exhaust
N/X kit
Coilovers
Wheels/Tires
Front/Rear bars
BC Body Kit
Seats+Harness
Short Shift Kit
Hondata
LED Squirters.....Just kidding.
And prolly more, like a CF hood or Slotted/Cross drilled rotors

That's ALOT of stuff

Or one Supercharger/Turbocharger.

If I really wanted a supercharger or turbocharger, I woulda bought a WRX. N/A tuning is alot of fun, see what you can wring out without boost. I mean that's one of the amazing things about the S-2000.

not a way in hell you can get all that stuff for $5,000 unless you buy some horrible shit

TrippZ
11-22-2003, 08:34 PM
Intake 200
Header 300
Exhaust 500
N/X kit 500
Coilovers 300 (ground controls lets say)
Wheels/Tires 1000
Front/Rear bars lets say 300
BC Body Kit 1500 painted with rebars
Seats+Harness 1000
Short Shift Kit 100
Hondata 600

total 6300, and i underestimated.

BlackNRedSi
11-22-2003, 09:38 PM
See you all that are hatin on this buy dont understand superchargers...the more stuff you mount to your engine WITH that supercharger, will change the HP dreastically...unlike if you mount those parts on the car N/A...

For example: JRSC+JRheader= 30 MORE HP, so right there he gains more then someone that got the JRheader on a NA ep by FAR

next: New CAMS+SC will increase the engine response and HP BY A WHOLE freaking lot....the list goes on...

just because he isnt getting SUPER amount of HP out of the package, doesnt mean that it is a waste of money....

and what are you all comaparing this SC to?! the Cybernation Kit?! that kit is a NAZSTY kit...you cant compair a SC @ the level of the JR one, to a crazy hard core Turbo, you just cant...

IMO this is a wise purchase no matter what u all say...

please keep me updated on your purchase i am going to add you to my Buddylist so i can see the progress of this kit...i am to be ordering mine mid january (when i got all the money set aside for all the parts i want/need)

Eric

Champ Masters
11-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Thanks BlackNRedSi! I'll be sure to post lots of pics and give a full impression of the kit. Since you'll be getting one also feel free to ask anything about the kit, that goes for everyone else too:)

I just received my helms manual and I'm pretty much ready for the install. My buddy has installed superchargers before, so everything should go pretty smoothly.

I know a lot of people on the site don't really seem to care much for the supercharger, but there are a lot of factors that infulenced my decision to go with it instead of a turbo or the race version. First, I live in California, so emissions are a bitch. Plus my car is a daily driver and a commuter. I feel a supercharger would be more suited to my needs. As for it "only" adding 40 or so HP, 40 is a lot in a little car like ours! I'm not looking to run 1/4 miles at the track, I just need a reliable daily driver that has some "oomph" to it. Besides, I don't really trust the dynos that Jackson posted. When I talked to Oscar he said that despite what was posted the car they tested on only had an aftermarket header on it. I'm sure with a CAI, exhaust, heatshield gasket, and some cooling mods, you will see some nice gains.

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Again thanks for the comments guys, and I'll keep you all posted:D

BlackNRedSi
11-22-2003, 11:29 PM
Anytime brotha, keep me upto date!

sad info i just recieved from a friend @ another forum....click the top link in my sig a good forum friend has died in a SRT4 crash! :(

RIP Andrew!

http://www.dodgesrtforum.com/drizze99/hybridkidsig.jpg

02SilverSiHB
11-23-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Champ Masters
I'm not looking to run 1/4 miles at the track, I just need a reliable daily driver that has some "oomph" to it. Besides, I don't really trust the dynos that Jackson posted. When I talked to Oscar he said that despite what was posted the car they tested on only had an aftermarket header on it. I'm sure with a CAI, exhaust, heatshield gasket, and some cooling mods, you will see some nice
hey, I know you said you're not getting it for the 1/4 mile, but do you have a time slip as your car is now? I was hoping to see someone with a times slip with their car before the jrsc and after. Just so I can get an idea of how much it helps.

Good luck on the install, I look forward to hearing how this works out.

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TrippZ
Intake 200
Header 300
Exhaust 500
N/X kit 500
Coilovers 300 (ground controls lets say)
Wheels/Tires 1000
Front/Rear bars lets say 300
BC Body Kit 1500 painted with rebars
Seats+Harness 1000
Short Shift Kit 100
Hondata 600

total 6300, and i underestimated.

With Prices i think you can find newly used and most the other stuff new, i found it all for $4600..

AEM intake-$175new
DC Ceramic Header-$250new
Magnaflow Exhaust- $275new
N/X kit-$500new
Ground Controls off ebay-$185
Wheels Tires Hardly Used-$700
Front/Rear bars off ebay :)-$25
B/C Bodykit- $400+paint=$600
Sparco Torinos with harness used-$815
Neuspeed S/S- $89
Hondata with a group by of 3-$550

In Addition
VIS Carbon FIber Hood-$337
Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors-$99

TOTAL COST: $4600 !!

HondaMan
11-23-2003, 12:40 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing more...I've always liked Jackson Racing and JRSC over turbo; mainly for most of the reasons BlackNRedSi & Champ Masters! :)

BlackNRedSi, sorry to hear about Andrew...RIP! :(