PDA

View Full Version : New Ep owner 1st day review

Matt_EP
11-21-2003, 11:05 PM
Well as of 2:00pm est. november 21, 2003 i am the proud owener of a 2002 honda civic si.

Right off of the lot the first thing i did was take a 1.5hour road to help a friend out with his car. This was definitly a good drive to get to know the car. I am coming off of a 1998 dodge neon acr and there is a world of difference. Now the neon was a decent car (contrary to popular belief). Now the neon wasnt to bad for being the first non turbo powered car i've owened (used to own 1988 ford thunderbird turbo coupe, 1991 toyota mr2 turbo (still have) and a 12 secound turbo awd 1995 eagle talon). Compared too the neon the si is in its own class. The si is a much more refined car. The si seemed to be a much more resposive ride even compared to the neon which came from the factory with the comatiton suspension which includes adjustable koni from the factory. The seets in the si are very clse to the racing seats in my mr2 turbo. could use a bit more side bolster support and a bit more lumbar support but other than that comfortable on the 1.5 hour drive. The 2.0 seems to be a very responsive engine. Low end isnt the best but cruising on the highway it pulls very well from 65-100 for a 160hp n/a car. It would defenitly out run my neon in any of the power band though. I do like the interior design of the civic and how it give the feeling of a very large car in suck little space. The hatch could use a bit more cargo space with the seat up but what are you gonna do. Gas milage seems good so far but will see in the futrue with the way i drive.
Overall its a good car and very enjoyable to drive. Defenatly changes my outlook on hondas. I used to hate them with a passion from working on them, driving them, bland interior design, and the retards with them out there.
Im glad to be part of the group now that understands why people like them so much. I give the si a 8.5 out of 10. Not a perfict 10 because it could use more power and the styling still is a little funky to me but its growing onn me so.

-sorry for any misspelling or gramatical errors i was never good in english.

oldschoolimport
11-21-2003, 11:11 PM
ah ooh, get ready for the neon trolls to pounce:Dglad you finally saw the light

BluePearl03Si
11-21-2003, 11:14 PM
Good to see you like it man.

And it's okay not to know english well, we like foreigners!

"He's a foreigner, I think he's probobly Samoan, but that doesn't matter, you're not predjudiced, are you?"

http://www.monesi.com/sergio/movies/feb99/fearlasvegas3.jpg

Matt_EP
11-21-2003, 11:21 PM
hey man i didnt say i was foreigner! i just said i was never good in english. (not mad at yah or bustin on yah BluePearl03Si just defending my self and my bad english skills)

phatfreeza
11-21-2003, 11:51 PM
hhahaha post made sense to me! welcome to the family!! i did wish our rear seats would fold flat down... like in the svt... but what are ya gonna do right??? i hope you love this car as much as most people on this board!!! :*

Tenacious G
11-22-2003, 09:52 AM
so, was the car already broken in since it's a 2002 model? did you get it used? i wouldn't recommend taking a brand new car up to 100 right off the lot.

but i'm glad you're happy with your purchase. it only gets better from here on out.

Brettnyt
11-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Yeah... how many miles are on that sucker? Yeah, try not to take her up over 100 until 600+ miles... Glad to hear you like it tho! What color? Any pics? Plans for mods?

SiR Medic
11-22-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si

"He's a foreigner, I think he's probobly Samoan, but that doesn't matter, you're not predjudiced, are you?"

http://www.monesi.com/sergio/movies/feb99/fearlasvegas3.jpg

HUNTER S. THOMPSON IS THE SHIZNET!!!

For the longest time, my sig was:

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. The normal speeder will usually panic and pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contemp in the cop -heart. MAKE THE BASTARD CHASE YOU! He will follow...

bobdobbs
11-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
HUNTER S. THOMPSON IS THE SHIZNET!!!

That's friggin Johnny Depp. At least show the real deal:

http://gonzo.org/pics/wp1499.jpg

Matt_EP
11-22-2003, 06:28 PM
I did buy the car used, it is a certified honda though. Its got 23k miles on it right now (500 of mine in the last 2 days). Its white. I hope to have some pics up by the end of the week. And mods wise i think im just gonna do some suspesion stuff to it for right now cause it came with a 7year/100k powertrain warrenty and i dont want any engine mods messing me up if i need warrenty engine or tranny work( cause i dont have the money to cover most of that stuff right now).

bobdobbs
11-22-2003, 06:32 PM
How much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

BluePearl03Si
11-22-2003, 06:48 PM
"We're not like the others man, we're your friends"

"Well? What are you waiting for? Get in"

Thompsons books are great, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is the best known, but the Gonzo files are pretty good too.

klubhedsi
11-22-2003, 08:07 PM
can we stop comparing the si to pos neons already, i dont think its much competition! good luck with ur car and welcome to the site

Matt_EP
11-22-2003, 10:51 PM
i paid 14k for it

iR-VTEC2
11-23-2003, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Matt_EP
hey man i didnt say i was foreigner! i just said i was never good in english. (not mad at yah or bustin on yah BluePearl03Si just defending my self and my bad english skills)

haha i was thinking "hmmm where is this dude from?" oh well, ephatch.com is a great place to learn engrish.

Welcome to the brotherhood! (and yes ladies, sisterhood:)

Brettnyt
11-23-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Matt_EP
i paid 14k for it

Hmmm... I would have expected lower... I got mine for like 15.5 brand new...