PDA

View Full Version : error in the stock radio

chinq6t
11-22-2003, 04:52 PM
i unattached the negative battery cable because i was having the check engine light come up on the gauge after installing my aem intake. where might i find the code to cure the error of the audio stystem? (the error occrured after i took off the battery cable.. i'm not trying to fix it by removing the cable.. just looking for the code to it)

ATRIOT
11-22-2003, 04:56 PM
Get the code read for the CEL, i dont think reseting the battery is gonna fix it. The stereo code should be on a sticker on the side of the glovebox, or on the alarm code card that the dealer should have given you when you bought the car.

Peking
11-22-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Get the code read for the CEL, i dont think reseting the battery is gonna fix it. The stereo code should be on a sticker on the side of the glovebox, or on the alarm code card that the dealer should have given you when you bought the car.

Yes what ATRIOT said. Look for that card in the glove box. Or when you bought the car it could be stuck in there with the rest of your paper work. If you can't find it, go to your dealer and they will give it to you.

ATRIOT
11-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Your CEL should go away after a few days of driving. Try doing the idle learn procedure too.

chinq6t
11-22-2003, 05:53 PM
nevermind guys. i got the code from the card in the glove compartment.. thanks alot!