PDA

View Full Version : New Strut Bearings. . .

EP33
11-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Sick of the clackity clack, and I hope this is a fix. Anyone else have their bearings look like these. 1/2 gray 1/2 black. The bearings on my EP are 100% black. Maybe Honda made a change for the good???

Get this, The dealer (Riverside Honda) got these "special order" bearings next day :confused: I ordered them at 1:45PM yesterday (a Friday), and they were in the dealership next day (Saturday) by 9AM. Makes me wonder why the local Honda warehouse would have these in stock since they really SHOULDN'T be worn out yet. . . . $24 each :'(

EP33
11-22-2003, 06:54 PM
the other half (sorry for the focus)

glw
11-22-2003, 08:38 PM
part numbers?

ep3guy
11-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Mine's 100% black too... that's weird.. mine are kinda cracked. :(

team ERA 5
11-23-2003, 02:48 AM
hondas actually replacing mine on tuesday =D... hopefully the squeaking sound goes away when i turn my wheel :o

team ERA 5
11-23-2003, 02:52 AM
did you know?

honda actually has student discount!!! so if your still in school you better show them ur school i.d i think its 10 or 15% off? not sure

02SilverSiHB
11-23-2003, 09:57 AM
yeah, mine are all black also, wonder if that is a different material at all?
I'll probably be replacing mine also, along with my tie rod ends...I get made creaking from them.

EP33
11-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Part#

ep3
11-23-2003, 05:24 PM
are your guy's cars lowered?? also is the sound your getting like something is loose???

EP33
11-25-2003, 07:48 AM
I replaced the bearings and still have the claks :yellm: when I turn the sterring wheel. I guess the next replacement will be the tie rod ends. I may just take the damn car to the dealership for the clacks :yellm: / or trade in on an Accord LX, they should be real cheap right about now:yellm: :yellm: :yellm:

ep3: Car is lowered on Koni & Sportline.

02SilverSiHB: I know I have put the tie rod ends through hell big time taking corners at 30MPH and shat. You have done the same too huh

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by EP33

02SilverSiHB: I know I have put the tie rod ends through hell big time taking corners at 30MPH and shat. You have done the same too huh
yeap...that's why I was saying I need to replace the tie rod ends. do you get that creaking sound, like an old ass door opening and making a spooky creak? I should get my digi vid cam and capture the sound it makes to see if that's what people are getting. I used to be able to remove my tie rod ends when installing springs...but the last two set of springs I messed with...no fucking way could I get them out the east way. I got a tie rod puller and plan on taking them out too see what they look like.
I even get the sound real bad once and a while when coasting to a stop from about 60mph.

team ERA 5
11-25-2003, 10:12 PM
yes!!! i went to honda to change my bearings too...but they said the sounds was commming from my steering rack and i needed aftermarket tie rod ends? does any company make this for our cars yet???? im guessing like shorter ones or angled ones because our cars are droppeed and the steering rack is angled down rubbing onto something...:(

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by team ERA 5
yes!!! i went to honda to change my bearings too...but they said the sounds was commming from my steering rack and i needed aftermarket tie rod ends? does any company make this for our cars yet???? im guessing like shorter ones or angled ones because our cars are droppeed and the steering rack is angled down rubbing onto something...:(
damn, I thought that might be the problem...so getting stock ones will only lead to my current problem. I know mugen made some that were adjustable in height, so that they fit correct for every application and help eliminate some bump steer...but I haven't seen them sell it.