PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: HFP suspension

JBS02
11-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Does anybody know if the HFP front and rear struts for EP are available separately from the entire kit? I want something a little softer that the Mugen suspension, but stiffer than stock.

EP33
11-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Sounds like you want something that is adjustable. I recommend something adjustable vs. fixed.

Good luck on your quest bro.

Stoop
11-22-2003, 08:32 PM
I'm a parts manager at a Honda dealership and my Honda representative came in yesterday and I asked him that exact question you are asking - 'Will I be able to get any of the HFP pieces outside of the kit or is it only available in the kit?' I was interested in the suspension and the rear hatch spoiler and would hate to have to buy a whole kit just for those pieces.

Well, he made a couple of phone calls to his Honda people and came back with the answer of 'No, it will only be available by getting the whole kit. Honda has no plans of selling the individual pieces.' Which means that Honda will block it's dealers from ordering individual pieces like they did with the 2003 Civic Coupe package. (I ordered a whole coupe package anyways at my dealer to get the wheels for my car. :D )

glw
11-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by StoopSi
I'm a parts manager at a Honda dealership and my Honda representative came in yesterday and I asked him that exact question you are asking - 'Will I be able to get any of the HFP pieces outside of the kit or is it only available in the kit?' I was interested in the suspension and the rear hatch spoiler and would hate to have to buy a whole kit just for those pieces.

Well, he made a couple of phone calls to his Honda people and came back with the answer of 'No, it will only be available by getting the whole kit. Honda has no plans of selling the individual pieces.' Which means that Honda will block it's dealers from ordering individual pieces like they did with the 2003 Civic Coupe package. (I ordered a whole coupe package anyways at my dealer to get the wheels for my car. :D ) how are the dealers going to do repairs?

Stoop
11-22-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by glw
how are the dealers going to do repairs?

Honda requires the dealers to be VIN specific. They will ship replacement parts for repairs, but you have to provide Honda with the VIN of the vehicle that the HFP parts are on. This is Honda's way of trying to track where these parts go and what cars have these parts.

Mighty_Mouse
11-23-2003, 12:08 AM
You might try Canada. Honda did the same thing with the GFX kit there, but dealers were still able to order pieces seperately. Could be worth a phone call.

johnkimble
11-23-2003, 05:34 PM
that sounds odd to me.. i don't see why (if you had the part numbers) you wouldn't be able to order them.. can you make sure on this?? that sounds really strange to me.. good post :)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
11-23-2003, 10:37 PM
are u aloud to get the HFP ctr wing alone? i want to get that wing.

Driftin SI
11-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by StoopSi
Well, he made a couple of phone calls to his Honda people and came back with the answer of 'No, it will only be available by getting the whole kit. Honda has no plans of selling the individual pieces.' Which means that Honda will block it's dealers from ordering individual pieces like they did with the 2003 Civic Coupe package. (I ordered a whole coupe package anyways at my dealer to get the wheels for my car. :D )

You know, that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Why the hell would Honda do that? You would think that they would sell this stuff at the parts counter to make some extra coin of enthusiasts. Oh well, what the hell do I know anyways.

Stoop
11-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by johnkimble
that sounds odd to me.. i don't see why (if you had the part numbers) you wouldn't be able to order them.. can you make sure on this?? that sounds really strange to me.. good post :)

Honda blocks certain parts to dealers that they don't want open ordering on. They do this to keep certain parts limited so that they don't run out of stock on small production items. They also like to make more money by forcing dealers to buy these parts in a "kit" package.

Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
are u aloud to get the HFP ctr wing alone? i want to get that wing.

When I asked my Honda representative, he said they wouldn't be available seperately, only in the kit. But I personally think that will not be the case and that they will be able to be ordered seperately. I'm keeping my fingers crossed cause I wanna do the same thing without buying a whole kit. I keep punching in the part number for the wing DAILY to see if they actually are gonna be able to be ordered seperately. So far, obviously no luck. I keep getting the damn 'part not yet available' message from Honda :mad:. That tells me that either they are waiting until a certain date to release the part, or that they will NEVER release the individual part. BASTARDS!!!

Originally posted by Driftin SI
You know, that makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Why the hell would Honda do that? You would think that they would sell this stuff at the parts counter to make some extra coin of enthusiasts. Oh well, what the hell do I know anyways.

I totally agree. Those IDGITS at Honda could make so much more money if they let the dealers sell the parts that enthusiast customers wanted.

johnkimble
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
yeah really.. well, u let us know what's going on :) hopefully it'll be available soon.

peace

03SSMHatch
11-24-2003, 05:29 PM
I dunno I asked my parts manager today if I could just buy the wing and or sideskirts and they said yea I think, I didnt get to get back with them today before I left the job to verify but If I can get them Ill let you know.

Burgh
11-24-2003, 06:08 PM
I would almost bet money on the fact that, *IF* they were sold separately, the HFP suspension would cost a hell of a lot more than aftermarket setups like Mugen or Tein Basics.

Tenacious G
11-25-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Burgh
I would almost bet money on the fact that, *IF* they were sold separately, the HFP suspension would cost a hell of a lot more than aftermarket setups like Mugen or Tein Basics.

i agree. and, according to the sticky on spring rates, the Mugen setup has nearly identical spring rates to the OEM (a little stiffer up front, about the same in the rear). and i'd bet the Basics aren't far off that. so you're looking at a ride that is comperable to stock with a lower, more aggresive stance for less than the HFP pieces.

blackbirdEp
11-27-2003, 04:34 PM
couldnt you just go to a friendly honda dealer to check out a 04 in your color.. write down the vin... then order away!?!?

wonderin...

C.

crex2nr
11-27-2003, 07:29 PM
i was buy my dealer a month ago and saw the price sheet for the whole kit, for the coupe that is. each of the items were listed with separate prices, so i figured that the parts could be ordered separately. i almost orders the suspension pieces but i figured i should wait until the si parts arrived. ill be going to the dealer tomorrow to pick up a new gasket set for my car plus aquire the service manual so ill find out about separate pricing and post later on in the day

rs_1101
11-28-2003, 12:49 AM
man.. honda makes some pretty cool cars.. but these guys are shitheads man. idk if ill buy another one.. ill prolly just get an old mr2 and kill eVERYONE

johnkimble
11-29-2003, 12:19 AM
yeah thats besides the point..

like you said though the factory just released the hfp stuff for the coupes.. BUT dude they have a fully decked out 04 accord all hfp'd out and shit with gun metal rims on it.. wtf yo?

their ethics are just completely backwards on this.. i mean i picked up an accessories catalog and u can order the wing, sides, lips, cf dash inlays, springs, struts.. the works, u go and ask somebody from the parts department and they are clueless or have an answer like "i really don't know too much about the HFP at this time." wtf man if you can supply a pamphlet to the customers saying there are accessories, you might as well help your customers accessorize! i bought the ep thinking i'de have the backing of the dealer and none of them know a damn thing. oh well :(

mugen cup kit setup it is (i guess).

again the spring rates are almost identical to the HFP's but i wonder about the ride. I like my "cadillac" type ride of my ep :)

peace