PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the progress springs??

CiViC EP3
09-14-2002, 11:42 PM
yeah i was wondering..how low is the drop.and if the tires all around were tucked or if there were any gap ??...if you have pics please post...thanks..

HondaMan
09-15-2002, 12:32 AM
I got'em and replied to your questions on another thread. I will try to get some better (close ups) pics posted tomorrow of the wheel gap.

BTW, I like them a lot and highly recommend them...much better ride than the H&R springs.

CiViC EP3
09-15-2002, 10:14 AM
ohh arrite...good looking out though....when you get those pics up let me know...

HondaMan
09-15-2002, 04:00 PM
rear wheel gap:

HondaMan
09-15-2002, 04:01 PM
front wheel gap (it appears to be a little more than the rear):

HondaMan
09-15-2002, 04:03 PM
side shoot (no more K&N decal...replaced with Progress decal):

CiViC EP3
09-15-2002, 07:34 PM
looks nice....but don't you have the progress springs that are a 1.8 drop around??

HondaMan
09-15-2002, 07:57 PM
Well, I have yet to really see anything that says what the drop is supposed to be with these specific springs. I think its more like 1.5 inches from what I can tell. Probably more like 1.5 front and 1.8 rear.

twill
09-16-2002, 07:21 AM
I have them too. On the Options Auto Salon site (www.optauto.com (http://www.optauto.com)) they list the drop as 1.5" in the front and 1.8" in the rear. On my stock wheels, there seems to be about a two finger gap between the edge of the tire and the wheel well. There's a visible amount of negative rear camber, but little to no front camber change.

Ride quality is great! As good or better than stock, even with the stock shocks.

I will be taking apart the front again so I can repack the plastic ring bearing with better grease to see if I can get rid of some of the clunking sounds I'm getting, but other than that, I'm very happpy with my purchase.

HondaMan, are you having any more noise problems after having the Progress springs installed professionally?

chenchao
09-16-2002, 10:19 AM
Yeah, Hondaman are you getting any noise from the front end with the progress? Do you know of any thing that the install shop did differently? i just sold my springs on e-bay and I'm wondering what to go with progress or eibach? I'm still going install mine personally since I bought all the crap to do it.

HondaMan
09-16-2002, 11:32 AM
They are 99% noise free right now (I hear some very minor noises but I'm not sure if its the springs) and I'm not sure what the shop did differently. Did you install those clear plastic coil wrap things to go around the coils, which supposedly reduce the noise of the springs coming together (provided with my Progress springs)?

Any ways, I'm real happy with them! The correct Eibach springs are good as well I'm sure but almost $100 more than the Progress springs.