PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased new Si...some help please

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 02:39 PM
i am so excited about this car!!! Picking it up tomorrow hopefully!
i was wondering if you guys can help me out with some questions below:

-Where can i get OEM honda parts cheap online?

-Where can i find an aftermarket vendor list for the 02 civic si HB?

-I really want to change out the radio on this car, is there a kit around the stock opening? I saw in the tech articles but i do not want to mod the stock trim piece.

-There is a blank button next to the shifter, what was it intended for?

-Can you guys post some photos of a modded silver 02 si hatch?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Tetsuo

Zero Three Si
11-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Use the "search" feature. You have too many questions for me to answer. I would be here all day writing answers.

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
Use the "search" feature. You have too many questions for me to answer. I would be here all day writing answers.

um okay... this is just a waste of a post no? i asked for help, try helping, if you do not have time for help, no need to post "advice" that i have already tried.

cheers

Si Death
11-23-2003, 03:11 PM
um okay... this is just a waste of a post no? i asked for help, try helping, if you do not have time for help, no need to post "advice" that i have already tried.

sorry but you did not try search and i say this becuz all the stuff u asked for theres already been plenty of talk on. If you did try search, try harder.

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 03:34 PM
Welcome to ephatch, my names dave, if you have any questions at all about the car let me know through a PM (personal message.) As for pics with mods basically just go to members page and u will see tons. The useless button that is opposite the hazards is to keep the symetry but in my case i did a custom Streetglow switch, and others have moved the hazard to that spot, and filled the hazard spot with an S2000 red auto start button. IF you would like to see pics search the interior threads, or the custom threads, it should all be there. As for the vendors, i recommend using the classifieds for a lot of great used products, otherwise if you need more info you can click on the vendors sale in the forums. If you need further help feel free to ask me anything you need, and if you need any parts aka mods pm me because chances are i can get you the best deals on 95% of anything you need. Take care, and Welcome aboard, dave

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Welcome to ephatch, my names dave, if you have any questions at all about the car let me know through a PM (personal message.) As for pics with mods basically just go to members page and u will see tons. The useless button that is opposite the hazards is to keep the symetry but in my case i did a custom Streetglow switch, and others have moved the hazard to that spot, and filled the hazard spot with an S2000 red auto start button. IF you would like to see pics search the interior threads, or the custom threads, it should all be there. As for the vendors, i recommend using the classifieds for a lot of great used products, otherwise if you need more info you can click on the vendors sale in the forums. If you need further help feel free to ask me anything you need, and if you need any parts aka mods pm me because chances are i can get you the best deals on 95% of anything you need. Take care, and Welcome aboard, dave

thanks! :)

TrippZ
11-23-2003, 04:13 PM
I think it was MEANT to be a cig lighter. I'll be putting an Autometer Air Fuel Ratio Gauge there :D It's already on the way

Go to crutchfield.com for the dahskit for an aftermarket radio

There's tons of aftermarket vendors... Showstoppers USA has had almost nothing but good reviews. Tornactive it there too... Nopi... etc etc etc. ebay is a good place to check too

i dont know about the oem parts because even at my dealership, Lute Riley Honda, the biggest dealership in the world (no shit), cant find a stock front bumper for my Si, and it's been in the hsop for extra weeks with another 10 days to go.

If you want to see one badass ssm ep, look for 02SilverSiHB's ride. decked with that d3 kit, oooo its HOT!!! Let me know how much you drool over this one too http://www.speedandstyle.com/revwheelhome/SI-T-For-Sale2.htm

welcome! :)
~John

Vivid-Cruz
11-23-2003, 05:09 PM
welcome to the site
the blank button is used for cigarrette lighter in Europe.. We are all about anti smoking in the states so im guessing thats why it is blank...

andy
11-23-2003, 05:23 PM
handaaccessories.com is a good place for OEM honda parts (mainly
accessory stuff, not repair stuff AFAIK).

Head over to the Vendor forum on here for a list of good and reliable
vendors. As others said, eBay is also a decent place to look. Some
of the parts are shared with the RSX, so certain RSX vendors are an
option, so just keep that in mind.

For photos, browse through the members gallery. TONS of pics there.

Welcome to the site!

ep pilot
11-23-2003, 08:16 PM
Welcome to a great site & good luck with your Ep3..... on a side note ain

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 08:32 PM
looked at the wrx and that neon thing...both pretty damn ugly IMHO...i have always loved the civic hatchback i am just so freaking happy that i finally got one even if it is not in white...

i am kinda shock that i do not see too many si hb here in new york!

raiyo
11-23-2003, 08:57 PM
good luck on your first oil change, the filter is on sooooooo tight.

Zero Three Si
11-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Si Death
sorry but you did not try search and i say this becuz all the stuff u asked for theres already been plenty of talk on. If you did try search, try harder.

EXACTLY

EPHatchgirl
11-24-2003, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the site.:D ;)

ImolaS54
11-24-2003, 04:47 AM
EXACTLY

u done yet? every message board alway one or two lamers like yourself.

oldschoolimport
11-24-2003, 04:50 AM
majestichonda.com has parts lists and exploded diagrams. that is where I get part #s and prices from. also, no one is meaning to be an ass, but those were a lot of general questions, and the site has a lot of useful info. welcome, and the search feature is a friend.:D

K-Series
11-24-2003, 05:54 AM
Lamers? Do some research on your own. There are search and help features built in to EVERYTHING online, UTILIZE THEM.

This site has almost 2 years of members, threads, posts, etc here and I'm sure ALL of your requests have been covered. If not, then please post, but I know more than half are out there.

No need to get touchy and welcome to the site.

If you need technical how to information, all of that is in my signature.

Steve

ImolaS54
11-24-2003, 06:37 AM
not getting touchy but the search feature on any board is never perfect, if i have to try "hard" to do a search why's the point of the system at all? Wouldn't it be easier for me to ask the same questions again and for someone to answer (as few members have done) and for me to return this favor when a new guy/gal comes on. This is what makes a message board like this great; not a few lamers posting oh use the search feature. I would say don't bother posting at all as it is no help. I am sure you can understand where i am coming from.

If you go to any message board, there are always the same questions repeated again and again, and let's be real here, it is what keeps the message board alive.

Regards,

Tetsuo

STP03BlueSI
11-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the site!

K-Series
11-24-2003, 07:15 AM
And, it's those same questions that have people yelling "SEARCH" on all boards.

All we're asking is that you not give up before trying. It's one less BS post that us "old schoolers" have to read again, and again, and again....

Steve

ImolaS54
11-24-2003, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by US_Si
And, it's those same questions that have people yelling "SEARCH" on all boards.

All we're asking is that you not give up before trying. It's one less BS post that us "old schoolers" have to read again, and again, and again....

Steve

Steve, do you have this need to get the last word in? this is my final post on this subject.

a. the ppl yelling search do not need to read/or post on these same questions.

b. see comments above regarding search. "bs post"? Interesting asking EP3 questions on a EP3 board would be considered a "bs post"? Is there a list of acceptable questions i can ask? Again, no one is asking you to read again, and again, and again... If you don't like my post, don't read it, don't reply.

Good day

RiCeCoOkEr1280
11-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Here's a pic of my silver ep when I still had the cf hood, wing, and ssr gpo's... I'll be installing the type r kit for the usdm bumper this week along w/ some le37's so i'll get pics of that up when she's done. Oh and welcome :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pbf0709587b00960a98e474568bd61b74/fb73bca2.jpg

Paul

EDIT: This is what I did w/ the extra space that is for the cigarette lighter:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p46ae357f2f9b03b8b656fc9f7e6b3ac7/faf6a7bd.jpg

Zero Three Si
11-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ImolaS54
u done yet? every message board alway one or two lamers like yourself.

Blow me!

K-Series
11-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Steve, do you have this need to get the last word in?

I thought we were having an intelligent conversation, apparently you being so freaking lazy to search has clouded the fact that I wasn't rude, but just stating a point.

Oh, and yes, I try to get the last word in.

That is all.

Steve

ImolaS54
11-24-2003, 08:40 AM
Blow me!

as i suspected another intelligent board member trying ot have an imtelligent conversation.

ImolaS54
11-24-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by RiCeCoOkEr1280
Here's a pic of my silver ep when I still had the cf hood, wing, and ssr gpo's... I'll be installing the type r kit for the usdm bumper this week along w/ some le37's so i'll get pics of that up when she's done. Oh and welcome :D

EDIT: This is what I did w/ the extra space that is for the cigarette lighter:

may i ask how much those wheels costed you? they are mighty nice! that mod is a bit extream for me!!! :D

RiCeCoOkEr1280
11-24-2003, 08:43 AM
I bought the ssr gpo's used for $900 w/ tires.

blueiedgod
11-24-2003, 11:35 AM
parts:
www.fairhondapartsforyou.com
You sig says NY, if you are anywhere near NYC, they are about 40 miles north of NYC in Danbury, CT. you can simply drive up and pick up parts for up to 50% off retail.

Blank button:
I have a cigarette lighter in there for the radar.

Advice:
Don't argue with moderators, they can freeze the topic or completely ban you from the site.

:-) Have fun with your EP3

Zero Three Si
11-24-2003, 11:41 AM
as i suspected another intelligent board member trying ot have an imtelligent conversation.

Well let me say thanks from the bottom of everybody's heart for your 12 QUALITY POSTS! Considering at least 6 of those have been arguing with US_SI.

Thanks!

K-Series
11-24-2003, 11:48 AM
I'm not a mod so go to town. :D

Steve