PDA

View Full Version : Did a seach...trailer hitch on a 03 si hatchback?

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 06:42 PM
i would like to use the si to tow a gokart :)

thanks

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 06:47 PM
i think the manual has something about towing. Besides that what kart do you race. My brother races at Sears Point every weekend. He has a CRG Kart. its sweet 125cc. Shit will kill any street car 0-60, and eat any street car ever made. You gotta love it, a little kart zipping around the track. I drove on a track in Germany where michael shumacher supposedly learned on. I will help look for more info on the tow hitch. take care, dave

Driftin SI
11-23-2003, 07:02 PM
here you go mate, hope the link works

http://search.cartserver.com/search/search.cgi?cartid=s-1547&bool=AND&category=drawtite_auto_makemodel&maxhits=10&keywords=2003&keywords_2=Honda+Civic&GO=GO%21

BluePearl03Si
11-23-2003, 07:16 PM
The manual says it will void your warranty.

Just buy a beater with a hitch...

ImolaS54
11-23-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
i think the manual has something about towing. Besides that what kart do you race. My brother races at Sears Point every weekend. He has a CRG Kart. its sweet 125cc. Shit will kill any street car 0-60, and eat any street car ever made. You gotta love it, a little kart zipping around the track. I drove on a track in Germany where michael shumacher supposedly learned on. I will help look for more info on the tow hitch. take care, dave

thanks for your help dude, hey how much for a set of 16" black five spoke spoon wheels. :)

ep3hatchattack
11-23-2003, 07:28 PM
They are very expensive IMO, i can get you a price tomarrow. If you are going for looks, get the Rota Slipstreams, i think there is a pair for sale in the classifieds, and otherwise i will find you a pair if you are interested. take care, dave

ep pilot
11-23-2003, 08:24 PM
You may want to search for it but I believe the

motomoron
12-03-2003, 02:43 PM
I bought the Hidden Hitch, cause you won't need to drill any holes in your little egg-shaped hooptie. Fits perfectly, took 45 minutes to install, and it's a 1" receiver, so theres no big ugly tongue and ball sticking out (he said "tongue" and "ball" heh heh heh)to bark your shins on. Tow my kart, bike, a ton of bags of gravel...works great, but then again, I roadraced motorcycles for 4 years with an '89 Si for a tow vehicle. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, farting in your car voids the warranty too...:shockm:

EtherGhost
02-24-2004, 10:39 AM
motomoron (or anyone else with one) can you post a picture of your Hidden Hitch (like for the Draw-Tite above)? Do you have to cut a whole in your bumper? I just want to mount a bike carrier.

STP03BlueSI
02-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by motomoron
I bought the Hidden Hitch, cause you won't need to drill any holes in your little egg-shaped hooptie. Fits perfectly, took 45 minutes to install, and it's a 1" receiver, so theres no big ugly tongue and ball sticking out (he said "tongue" and "ball" heh heh heh)to bark your shins on. Tow my kart, bike, a ton of bags of gravel...works great, but then again, I roadraced motorcycles for 4 years with an '89 Si for a tow vehicle. BTW, if I'm not mistaken, farting in your car voids the warranty too...:shockm:

Id like to see a pic of that! I was considering getting a Jetski, or a quad. but i have nothing to tow it with.:D

2QK4U ALLWAYS
02-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Mine is a Hide a hitch and I didnt have to cut anything in my bumper. You can barely see it, I tow a a 1200 LBs jet ski and usually Two dirt bikes and I have a bicycle rack too works great lots of power and its a better design then the one pictured in my opinion has more beef to it

shimmy_yaz
02-24-2004, 02:36 PM
do a search for a truck lol:D

EtherGhost
02-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by 2QK4U ALLWAYS
Mine is a Hide a hitch and I didnt have to cut anything in my bumper. You can barely see it, I tow a a 1200 LBs jet ski and usually Two dirt bikes and I have a bicycle rack too works great lots of power and its a better design then the one pictured in my opinion has more beef to it

Pictures please?

VividDreams
02-25-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
do a search for a truck lol:D

agreed

Slip_Angle
03-29-2004, 07:25 PM
Any pictures of that hidden hitch? Was the part number 60971 ?

Thanks!

Loudpedal
03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
I just picked up the Hidden Hitch (model 60971), and it's a really nice unit. Haven't installed it yet, but it looks like a snap. No cutting, no drilling, no problem.

NewfieSiR
03-31-2004, 07:31 AM
I just installed a hidden hitch on my Civic SiR (Canada). Are you guys saying having a hitch on the car voids the warranty? In hindsight I should have checked this out before getting one installed, but isn't that a bit harsh? I have a small utility trailer that I'll be using to tow a 15' canoe (total canoe weight is only 50 lbs), so I'm not sure why this should void a warranty.

I'm wondering if should contact my local Honda dealership and show them the set-up hoping they will agree that it's okay. Or is this just giving them an opportunity to record the fact I have this installed.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Andrew

SiRRider
03-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey all, I am also considering a hitch for my EP and was wondering about the wiring harness for turn signals and brakes. What did you do?? Is there a harness for our cars that you just plug in?? Whats the part number for sure for the hidden hitch??

Thanks

Loudpedal
03-31-2004, 10:50 AM
NewfieSiR: I talked to my dealer to see if I could get a hitch from them. Basically they referred me to a place that they recommend for hitches. I also asked about the warranty bit, and the guy said that they don't really break customers balls over having a hitch (warranty or not).

SiRRider: check the post for the Hidden Hitch part #.

NewfieSiR
03-31-2004, 10:52 PM
I went to my Honda dealer this morning and spoke to one of the techs. I asked if the hitch will cause problems with my warranty, and he told me only if I bring the car in for major work and it's obvious that the hitch was the primary cause of the damage. So if I blow the engine or transmission while towing a school bus I might have problems. But if something goes legitimately wrong with the car, it doesn't matter if the week or month before I was towing a canoe with a hitch. I was relieved to hear this.

So that clears things up with respect to very light items being towed. Not sure if the situation would change if I was planning on towing twin seadoo's or something.

The hidden hitch part number is 60971 (cost me $135 Cdn). The invoice has Honda SiR/Acura RSX so when searching you may try both models. As for the wiring, it has to be hard wired (unlike the larger Honda's like Accords that have plugs). Mine was done using connectors, and they told me they were surprised how easy it was on this model. Installation was $25 and total price of everything (hitch, harness, adaptor, hitch ball, installation) was $245 Cdn.

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Black 02 SI
04-27-2004, 10:01 PM
can ya take a few pics of it with the ball on and with it off?

hoibinakii
04-08-2021, 01:09 PM
You can make a search lol. (https://bestbudgetfor.com/cheap-go-karts-under-500/)