PDA

View Full Version : Those who have changed your brake pads..

Heitzke
11-23-2003, 07:36 PM
hey guys, i was just wondering who all here has changed your brake pads. What brand did you use and why? Did you also use a different brake fluid while you were at it? Thanks

Mike

chet
11-23-2003, 07:42 PM
I have the Wilwood front brake kit, and went with the green stuff pads. Less dust/dirt to clean. I have another race set I use for autocross. I purchased Wiwood brake fluid at a local race shop.

HondaMan
11-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Axxis Ulimate pads & Ate Super Blue Racing fluid...mainly for AutoX adventures.

02civicSI
11-23-2003, 08:08 PM
how much was the wilwood brake kit because its time for a new set of brake pads so i just might get a whole kit.

chunky
11-23-2003, 10:39 PM
i've been through a few sets of pads on my ep3.

i've tried the porterfield r4s and r4 compounds, and the performance friction 01 compound. I use the valvoline dot 4 synthetic fluid.

For street usage, I'd go with the hp+ or axxis ultimates. I'd probably get the hp+ before I got the ultimates. They both dust a lot though.

I love my current brake setup (see sig), but I can't reccomend it to many people due to the noise level & dust level. But they stop like no other (ever tripped ABS in the dry at 80+ mph?) They are fade free even during heavy usage at triple digit speeds.

HondaMan
11-24-2003, 06:12 AM
Yeah, the brake dust is a pain with my Ulimates but they work great!

glw
11-24-2003, 09:10 AM
i'm with hondaman... axxis ultimates and super blue. i also have goodridge lines and some brembo slotted rotors that have been cryo'd and cad plated. brakes work great now!