PDA

View Full Version : ebay coilovers Good or Bad?

02silverep3
11-23-2003, 08:59 PM
heard of the brand V2 or Dropzone? Are either of them any good? Sellin on ebay for about $75. Seems cheap, but for that price who cares. Anyways let me know. Later

mrfixit687
11-25-2003, 08:05 AM
you get what u pay for, you can do it right the first time or you can do it twice or more and pay more money, your choice

Btrthnezr3
11-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Ok...let me just say this...I personally bought my ground controls off of ebay from massive motorsports (they suck)...and I love them...hmm...don't know much about the v2's but I do know that Dropzone is made by Dynamic Auto Design who also makes PowerTech mufflers, which I have on my 4 door...I absolutely love the muffler and get many comments on how nice my exhaust sounds...Excellent quality, fit and finish...and it has a huge dent in it from a flying boulder on the freeway and still sounds crystal clear and very nice a year later...That tells you a little something about their quality...but when it comes to springs...it could be a different story...but here's an idea...if you really don't want to spend money on a full coilover setup or nice adjustables like ground control...find one of the auctions with the dropzones or the v2's and check the seller's feedback...find people that bought the same items...email them...see how they like them...I've done this quite a few times and have gotten good responses...I've also had other people email me and ask me the same thing...you do get what you pay for, but everyonce in a while ...you find a good deal on a great product...
damn...sorry for the novel
good luck!!

02silverep3
11-26-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the advice I will definatly do that. Later

02silverep3
11-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the advice I will definatly do that. Later

JapanExpress
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
you get what u pay for
buy name brand, you will regret it if you don't

31102si
11-26-2003, 08:22 PM
Buy the Ground Controls. Don't waste your money on those other pieces of junk. You will be happy you did. ;)

02silverep3
11-26-2003, 09:02 PM
Im not really taking my car in the performance direction. Im going more for show. So with per formance aside what do you think. I want my car to be lower. The v2 says it drops between 0-4.5". That sounds good to me. Grount control only goes to 2.5" maybe 3. Basically my question is this. If performance isnt my first concern, would the v2 or DropZone be okay?

31102si
11-27-2003, 01:41 PM
The GC's will drop your car more than enough. A 3 inch drop is really low. My concern with the other two coil overs is how your car will ride. The GC's will ride firmer than stock but it will not be annoying, the other two on the other hand most likly will ride like shit. You will bounce all over the place over every little bump in the road.
In the end it's your money to spend. I personally would spend the extra money and get the GC's. Suspension is not the place to cut back on. Do it right and you will be happy you did. By the way I have the GC's and I love them. ;)

Peking
02-02-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by 31102si
The GC's will drop your car more than enough. A 3 inch drop is really low. My concern with the other two coil overs is how your car will ride. The GC's will ride firmer than stock but it will not be annoying, the other two on the other hand most likly will ride like shit. You will bounce all over the place over every little bump in the road.
In the end it's your money to spend. I personally would spend the extra money and get the GC's. Suspension is not the place to cut back on. Do it right and you will be happy you did. By the way I have the GC's and I love them. ;)

This is wise. Even for show, anything more than three inches (where you can't even see the top of the tires) is not attractive to me :p

Anyway, more than 3" drop. You aren't going no where, have to raise her to adjust her. You would not be able to go anywhere without major scraping.

S2KplusSI
02-02-2004, 09:06 PM
My friend had an Eclipse and bought no-name coilovers and regretted it. I traded him for one day, he drove my EP, I drove his Eclipse. IT SUCKED!!! He didn't want to give the EP up, and I was begging to get rid of his Eclipse, he sold it to his girlfriend, but he changed to some nice coilovers beforehand, and it rode MUCH better.

BlackFL2k2Si
02-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Go for name brand man. Trust US.

SiRacer03
02-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Hey, I bought the V2's just to see how they rode. They don't fit the Si. It came with lots of rubber bushings though. Oh well, I just returned them and got myself some Progress Springs.