PDA

View Full Version : What filter does AEM use?

BluePearl03Si
11-24-2003, 12:24 AM
I've seen some pictures that show it uses a K&N Filter, and some show it without.

What comes with the AEM Cold Air Intake for the Si?

Lucid Moments
11-24-2003, 06:17 AM
My AEM CAI came with an AEM branded filter, but the only difference between it and the K&M filters I have seen out there is the name.

Driftin SI
11-24-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
My AEM CAI came with an AEM branded filter, but the only difference between it and the K&M filters I have seen out there is the name.

Ditto, I am almost positive that K&N makes the filters for AEM.

silver
11-27-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Driftin SI
Ditto, I am almost positive that K&N makes the filters for AEM.

not anymore.

SiR_d1
11-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by silver
not anymore.

explain?

I thought the ame thing also

BluePearl03Si
11-27-2003, 04:38 PM
They indeed make their own filters now, in house.

http://www.aempower.com/product_intake.asp

Replacement Filter

AEM manufactures its air filter elements. Our four-layer cotton-gauze filter elements deliver superior filtration and feature an integral air horn for improved flow. A special molding process and urethane body ensure that your AEM filter element lasts for the life of your vehicle (when maintained properly and cleaned using AEM's Filter Cleaning System).

civic hatch boi
11-27-2003, 04:53 PM
aem no longer uses k&n.. they use their own filter that looks exactly like the k&n and prob works just as well...

TheMutt
11-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Sorry to jack the thread, but does anybody know about the filters that come with the Injen CAI? I've been trying to find out if I can use one of the filter recharge kits for K&N on my Injen filter.

VIZHUNZ02SI
11-27-2003, 07:39 PM
i have an hks super mega flow filter a.k.a da green power
as i see it
it sucks in alot more air than knn and aem but it's a hazard when it's rainin

silver
11-27-2003, 09:33 PM
aem used k&n to manufacture their filters but decided to move ops to inhouse to cut down expenses, the differences are minimal but i've consistently dynoed higher gains from the k&n filters(though sometimes there have been minor fitment issues with the filter on the aem piping, not sure as to why though)

the k&n recharger kit is good for any filter cotton filter btw.