PDA

View Full Version : dash removal.. hard way. or am i missing something?

siren
11-24-2003, 09:21 AM
i went to install my cd player the other day.. and as i got down to look at everything.. it seemed that most of the dash was one piece..

is there an easy way that im missing.. or does that whole lower piece have to be removed to get to the cd player bays??

any help appreciated..

mutex
11-24-2003, 09:38 AM
Check out the following link.

http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP_HU_INSTALL

Also, there is a video clip made by paxie somewhere on this forum. Try doing a search.

siren
11-24-2003, 09:43 AM
ok ..thanks..

oogy-boogy
11-24-2003, 10:40 AM
It's pretty simple, actually. I've done mine ~5 times.

1 - First off, take off the shift knob. Pull down on the shiny metaalic looking part at the bottom of the knob and then unscrew.

2 - Pop out the bottom piece that the boot is connected to. Put your fingers in the rubber boot, reach to the sides and SLOWLY pull. Be carefull not to bend the top right and left of the plastic. Feel up and around the edges with your fingers to slowly pull it out. Disconnect the hazard swith and place it somewhere that it won't get scratched. The silver paint comes off easily.

3 - There are 2 black phillips screws on the bottom section of the console (right below the ac/defrost controls). Unscrew them.

4 - Here's where it gets tricky. There are 2 bolt headed phillips screws facing left and right. They will only need to be loosened and NOT removed! To do so, you can use an open ended wrench, tiny ratchet or right angle phillips screw driver. Loosen both screws (back out ~ 4-5 turns).

5 - Slowly pull the console out from the bottom. The top is only held in by clips. Undo all of the radio/ac/heater/defrost connections and you're all set. Reassemble in reverse order.

Good luck!

Mel

Jpax
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Or you can Watch it.

Click here (http://www.ep3productions.com/pages/2/index.htm)

oogy-boogy
11-25-2003, 04:38 AM
Pax is still the man....:D

We need the Flander's children back....;)