PDA

View Full Version : superleggera

cgrahams
11-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Anybody seen or have pics. of an ep with oz superleggeras on it-I was thinking about getting some.........thanks!

bobdobbs
11-24-2003, 12:16 PM
My car with 15x7 Superleggeras and 205/55-VR15 Continentals.

Rueda del Queso
11-24-2003, 12:23 PM
Are those the extreme contact all-seasons? I was thinking about them because they are one of the few ultra-high performance all-seasons that are for 15's and relatively cheap.

bobdobbs
11-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Yup. They're Continental ContiExtremeContacts. Great tires if you're looking for that sort of thing.

cgrahams
11-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Thanks a lot Bob! Car looks great! You don't happen to have any shots from the side do you? BTW-how much is your car dropped?

BlackNRedSi
11-24-2003, 05:40 PM
This is XLR8B4U s car on EPHATCH/K-series his name is craig...

http://members.roadfly.com/pocket_rocket/DSC01242.JPG

http://members.roadfly.com/pocket_rocket/best1.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/pocket_rocket/checkerboard.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/pocket_rocket/track5.jpg

they will be on my car soon ! :):):)

thanks craig!

17 inchers

staticflo
11-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
My car with 15x7 Superleggeras and 205/55-VR15 Continentals.

I know you have tein full coilovers so my question is this a pic with the coilovers set at the lowest setting? BTW ur car looks AWESOME....
I'm interested in full coilovers but want a pretty low stance and was looking to see some pics of tein coilovers set at the lowest setting.....

bobdobbs
11-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by staticflo
I know you have tein full coilovers so my question is this a pic with the coilovers set at the lowest setting? BTW ur car looks AWESOME....
I'm interested in full coilovers but want a pretty low stance and was looking to see some pics of tein coilovers set at the lowest setting.....
Thanks for the compliments. I have Tein SS coilovers and they are set ALMOST to their lowest setting. I emailed Tein about this and they said they do not advise setting it all the way to the bottom, because the shocks might bottom out. I suppose it could be for auto-x where you don't need to worry about potholes. Anyway, I'm extremely happy with the amount of drop. According to the Tein website, max drop is 2.5" in the front and 3.8" in the rear. I figure I'm just shy of that. I basically adjusted my coilovers to take up any slack in the springs. Here's a pictures of the left rear -- I count three threads:

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by cgrahams
Thanks a lot Bob! Car looks great! You don't happen to have any shots from the side do you?
Thanks! Here's the closest thing I have to a current side picture:

Vivid-Cruz
11-25-2003, 11:22 AM
bobdobbs.. that first pic you posted is pure beauty.. I plan on gettin the same setup as you but with basics and 16" superleggerra..

good work man!!

What do you think about the gunmetal finish on those oz's.. I cant decide what finish to go with.. in a previous pic i saw of your car, the wheels looked as if they were white when they were in direct sunlight..

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Vivid-Cruz
bobdobbs.. that first pic you posted is pure beauty.. I plan on gettin the same setup as you but with basics and 16" superleggerra..

good work man!!

What do you think about the gunmetal finish on those oz's.. I cant decide what finish to go with.. in a previous pic i saw of your car, the wheels looked as if they were white when they were in direct sunlight..
Thanks, man. I think the 16s will look perfect on the car. I doubt you'll notice the difference in weight (from the 15s).

My wheels are the race silver or bright silver, whatever they call it. I think it looks good with blue. Chunky's got the gunmetal/gray Superleggeras, so check out his car. I thought the brighter (silver) finish would trick your eye to make them look bigger, and it seems to work. Dark wheels look smaller (to me, at least).

ViViDPeArL
11-25-2003, 12:23 PM
sorry, i haven't been on the boards in a long time so i might have over looked something. i thought tein didn't make the Super street coilovers for the ep...i thought the only one they had was the tein flex system which was like 1600 bucks. how much is the ss kit and where did you get them? thanks.

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 03:34 PM
You can use the Tein SS application for the EM2, but you have to drill out the bottom mount holes to 16mm, which is the bolt size on the EP3. As for where to buy, there are a zillion places that sell Tein.

Vivid-Cruz
11-25-2003, 09:11 PM
Thanks, man. I think the 16s will look perfect on the car. I doubt you'll notice the difference in weight (from the 15s).

thats what im hoping.. my physics professor has assured me that the much lighter wheel will more than compensate for the inch larger radius and as a result should still have much less rotational inertia than that of the lead stockies..
gotta have some increase in performance or it just isnt worth it to me!

and i cant find chunky's car in member rides.. can someone post a like to it?? thanks

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 09:34 PM
thats what im hoping.. my physics professor has assured me that the much lighter wheel will more than compensate for the inch larger radius and as a result should still have much less rotational inertia than that of the lead stockies..
It's good that you're considering the physics of your wheel choice and not just the bling. Something to consider: you're probably going to a wider tire than the stock 195s. A wider tire is heavier, so the performance improvement might be a wash. The rotational inertia increases by the SQUARE of the distance of the center of mass from the wheel center. The more weight you can move toward the center (like a portion of the tire's weight), the better.

chunky
11-25-2003, 10:54 PM
gotta have some increase in performance or it just isnt worth it to me!

and i cant find chunky's car in member rides.. can someone post a like to it?? thanks

check my sig. :)

Vivid-Cruz
11-26-2003, 07:12 PM
It's good that you're considering the physics of your wheel choice and not just the bling. Something to consider: you're probably going to a wider tire than the stock 195s. A wider tire is heavier, so the performance improvement might be a wash. The rotational inertia increases by the SQUARE of the distance of the center of mass from the wheel center. The more weight you can move toward the center (like a portion of the tire's weight), the better.

Very good points .. also ive taken into consideration the fact that the radius has much more influence on RI than does mass.. by the mere fact it is squared..
we played on a merry go round for one of my phys labs and i experienced the power of having all the mass in the center first hand!.. WOW..what a difference!..