PDA

View Full Version : Cheap strut bar???

master7
11-24-2003, 02:11 PM
What do you guys think of the $8.OO rear strut bar on e-bay for our rides- from autobacs1 --Good cheap buy? or cheap product?

The Strut tower bar has been designed to reduce chassis flex to improve steering response and stability. The super-lightweight, aluminum construction adds no significant weight to your car, while greatly improving the feel and handling of your car. All tower bars feature no-drill bolt-on installation and can be installed in a few minutes! Strut bar made with polished aircraft-quality billet aluminum alloy.

Fits HONDA CIVIC SI HATCHBACK 2002-03 REAR

Driftin SI
11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Personally, I think its a pile of smelly cow dung. There are opinions for and against the bar, some like it, other don't. I think its really cheap and it shows it. Some people have also had issues getting the correct ends to fit our car. My 2 cents.

Lucid Moments
11-24-2003, 03:13 PM
I've got it on my car, and it isn't bad. I can't really feel a difference in the handling. I had a such a huge problem getting it to fit that I thought I had the wrong part, but it did eventually go on.

civicSIracer
11-24-2003, 05:26 PM
you get what you pay for. as simple as that

fishboy
11-24-2003, 06:10 PM
it works. you feel a diff. it is prone to breaking though. i think suk broke one.

SHAKEnBAKE
11-24-2003, 07:20 PM
I had one, looks good, installs very easy. Does improve the feel of the car lil bit.

Took it to the canyons one day and it was bent outta shape. So, it doesn't do any good actually (strut bars are supposed to add rigidity, bent=not rigid) not bad for 8 bucks tho.

SoCaLep3
11-24-2003, 07:42 PM
8 bucks is good... but then the shipping is 15 bucks :eek: o MY