PDA

View Full Version : why do people think EP is for racing?

siver-SI
11-24-2003, 06:06 PM
OK this is a little venting but why is it every time I get around a 16-22 year old guy with my SI they think I race and they tell me how their car is faster and better then mine. The thing is my EP is stock and it looks stock all but the JDM badges. I do not under stand why the have to tell me this.

I do not belive in streat racing at all and I will not try and do it at all. When they say they are faster I agree with them since they have mods and I do not so I would think they would be faster. So when I tell them that they are most likely faster then they get mad at me. So it seems like they are trying to get me to race and since I am not going to they get mad.

Just wondering why are there so many dumb asses out there with cars that seem to want to race all the time?

ep3hatchattack
11-24-2003, 07:07 PM
hehe, i hear ya there. I know streetracing is not to smart, but for some reason i enjoy, and to my dismay my SI is not as fast as my 300zxTT was because with my mods that was a mid 12 second car and not i have a mid 14 second car so i always battle with the big boys and im surprised how well i have done against some V8s, and MANY V-6s....wait.....you were saying how dumb these people are...ok, my point was that when you have a faster car, your brain mentality makes you some what like a white trash coward who always has to try and prove himself. I hope you understand what i mean......another way to say it is, they are insecure because they paid more money for there more powerful car and chances are they are envious of your ride, so they try to make themselves feel better about what they have....take care, sorry to babble, dave

BlasTech
11-24-2003, 07:31 PM
You're right, and you've tapped into a social phenom here.

Guys in America are just as much 'prescribed' to go after status symbols as women are to go after big boobs and little butts.

But, really, who cares how fast you can go from one place to the next? any sensible woman just wants to know where you plan to go, right?

Wrong. stoopid bitchs fall for that shit anyways... and thats how you know what to avoid... or what to use and throw away.

Civicvtec1ps
11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
Yea seriously, I am not into racing.. I dont race my damn car in streets. If you want to race, go to damn track for god sake. All of my friends says " Hows your race car doing?" . I just tell them bequire and go away lol.

BlasTech
11-24-2003, 07:35 PM
However, if you ARE interested in a race, try autocross sometime. It takes less commitment than a prostitute, and you can see how you compare to YOU... regardless of the car you happen to be in.

Tenacious G
11-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Just wondering why are there so many dumb asses out there with cars that seem to want to race all the time?

because they have small penises and need to compensate for their lack of manhood by exhibiting dominance with a fast car.

the important part is you're smart enough *not* to street race and possible hurt or kill yourself or others.

EDIT: ooooh, lucky No. 777 post ... ima go out and buy a lottery ticket.

siver-SI
11-24-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
However, if you ARE interested in a race, try autocross sometime. It takes less commitment than a prostitute, and you can see how you compare to YOU... regardless of the car you happen to be in.

I am going to try one at in MI in June there are some EP's getting together to do this. I race oval too but that is with some other cars not my EP. The only time I race is on a track because that way everyone around knows the risks and that is what a race track was built for.

van_yammer
11-24-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
You're right, and you've tapped into a social phenom here.

Guys in America are just as much 'prescribed' to go after status symbols as women are to go after big boobs and little butts.

But, really, who cares how fast you can go from one place to the next? any sensible woman just wants to know where you plan to go, right?

Wrong. stoopid bitchs fall for that shit anyways... and thats how you know what to avoid... or what to use and throw away.

Guys in America? Guys everywhere.

chubbychu
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
i dont think the ep is meant for RACING per-se but i definitely thing its sportier than your average civic.

also, it seems like you have a problem with people thinking your car is fast or something...i have the exact opposite problem. Every one in my town thinks the civic ex's are faster than my car, and when you see a base RSX they are like :eek: :eek: :eek: that think you could smoke you up and down. i just chuckle. its not fair. peopel judge too much on looks

potator
11-24-2003, 11:30 PM
Well I think they're desire to race you is somewhat justified - given that the Si is the performance-oriented version of the Civic. Now of course that doesn't really mean they should be all ricey ricey to everyone driving an Si at a traffic light, but I'm sure they wouldn't be revving their engine at you if you were driving a Camry sedan.

rs_1101
11-24-2003, 11:35 PM
yea.. in the history of honda the "si" means "this car goes slightly faster than a normal honda" so of course people wanna race. me.. i try to keep it off the streets, but sometimes you gotta lay it down so people dont think ur soft.

master7
11-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Every one at one time or another as drove like a bat out of hell (speeding)- wether it was five mph over 10 plus. Sometimes it doesn't even have anything to do with the type of car you are in. For some they just are speedy in all their travels,(like me) other just like to do it for the rush of moving fast. Its like when you on the highway and people are trying to follow yr lead and you smooth and fast with yr lane changes and acccleration and they get stuck behind a snail car , it just makes you feel good inside -- me and this little old si can work the road and all on it!!

Not saying speeding is good , but everything has its place- thats why they don't make cars just to go 65mph and thats it....(*_*)

Heck if people had kick scooters on the street , there would be people saying they can kick faster than you......(*_*) ..its just the nature of life - competition of living things-

I have had Granny speed up to block me in cause they might didn't want me to pass and Moms with kids in the car - chirp form the stop light on me light

Its all for the rush for the most part

We have to keep in mine our saftey as well as those around us regardless if in the SI or a YUgo!

But if you are that bothered catch the bus and enjoy the view.

Then you would say Damn bus driver!! ..cant he go any faster!! (*_*)

and when people want to race you just tell them its a remote control car..you aren't controlling it and swerve towards them...(*_*)

bloodzombie
11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
sometimes you gotta lay it down so people dont think ur soft.

People who think like this should be herded onto a boat and shipped to an island somewhere.

BlasTech
11-25-2003, 02:05 PM
Thing is, people dont ever think you're 'soft'... most people dont ever think about you at all...and what is to be gained from some guy acknowledging you as 'hard' anyway?

Lots of people worry about how strangers who dont even know them might percieve them, all the while the strangers dont even care...they're just as wrapped up in themselves.

rs_1101
11-25-2003, 02:25 PM
i didnt mean it like that persay. sometimes some guy pulls up nex to ya at the light in his prelude or whatever and looks at u all mean like "i am the shit. if there ever was someone who is the shit, its me" those guys. u gotta give them a reality check sometimes. lay it down. i know i drive a modified car, people who drive near me can see i drive a modified car, fortunatly most of my crap is under the hood. you cant drive a car that says "si" and not open it up every now and again. hell.. you cant drive any car and not ever open it up once. suburbans, minivans, geometros, ferarris, whatever. the thing is people see that "si" and whether your in the mood or not, they want to see if theyre better than you. that si badge to them is you saying "hey im fast!" most of the time i know that doesnt get to you, but sometime, some guys gonna pull up in a car thinkin that, your gonna look back at him and wonder: "is that car as fast as mine?"

i know streetracing is bad. people get hurt all the time, but there is something really great about that question "is that car as fast as mine" when theres no money, no prizes, just driver vs driver, at a random meeting on a random street (free of traffic and bystanders, lol)

master7
11-25-2003, 02:36 PM
i know streetracing is bad. people get hurt all the time, but there is something really great about that question "is that car as fast as mine" when theres no money, no prizes, just driver vs driver, at a random meeting on a random street (free of traffic and bystanders, lol) [/B][/QUOTE]

Good Clean Version- this is movie rated GSR-- General Street Racing!...(*_*)

sniperSI
11-25-2003, 02:52 PM
When you drive a car that has a reputation built on (before the 4 cylinder fad of 2002) being the underdog car in a world ruled by v6's and v8's, of course everyone who is into racing is going to think you are.

I wouldnt get mad at it, i mean it's like you got a hot girl and people stare, shit, thats just one of the side effects of having a hot girl. Don't get pissed, take it as a compliment that they need to stare and compare.

chubbychu
11-25-2003, 05:20 PM
whatever happened to the fun of just having a little competetion?

also, this is why we debadge =o)

rs_1101
11-25-2003, 07:30 PM
lol i just debadged my "civic" so now its just an "si" lol.. would that then, just make my situation worse?

ShowstoppersUSA
11-25-2003, 07:40 PM
yea.. in the history of honda the "si" means "this car goes slightly faster than a normal honda" so of course people wanna race. me..

Agree, those two letter will get a lot of us in a lot of trouble someday...

Zero Three Si
11-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Those guys that want to race you don't even deserve a reply. Let them talk talk talk talk.

LordKoo
11-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Never street race! Not good for anybody... Let's us keep our EP community nice and clean.

They want to race EP because they are feeling "threaten" by its presence... Those mean looking headlights.... Who cares... they will be still smelling EP's fumes anyway...

bloodzombie
11-26-2003, 09:52 AM
i didnt mean it like that persay. sometimes some guy pulls up nex to ya at the light in his prelude or whatever and looks at u all mean like "i am the shit. if there ever was someone who is the shit, its me" those guys. u gotta give them a reality check sometimes. lay it down. i know i drive a modified car, people who drive near me can see i drive a modified car, fortunatly most of my crap is under the hood. you cant drive a car that says "si" and not open it up every now and again. hell.. you cant drive any car and not ever open it up once. suburbans, minivans, geometros, ferarris, whatever. the thing is people see that "si" and whether your in the mood or not, they want to see if theyre better than you. that si badge to them is you saying "hey im fast!" most of the time i know that doesnt get to you, but sometime, some guys gonna pull up in a car thinkin that, your gonna look back at him and wonder: "is that car as fast as mine?"

i know streetracing is bad. people get hurt all the time, but there is something really great about that question "is that car as fast as mine" when theres no money, no prizes, just driver vs driver, at a random meeting on a random street (free of traffic and bystanders, lol)

God help you if anyone I know ever gets hurt because your fragile ego couldn't handle the idea of some guy in a prelude thinking he's faster than you.

You can afford mods, you can afford a day at the track.

bratkat64
11-26-2003, 10:10 AM
You can thank the fast and the furious for the outrageous number of street racers.

rs_1101
11-26-2003, 10:13 AM
lol... and flying robot graphics.. i heard they add 20 horses at the ground!

bloodzombie: be OVER it. i aint killed anyone yet. and im not GOING to kill anyone with my "violent" street racing lol

Chrisbgft
11-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
OK this is a little venting but why is it every time I get around a 16-22 year old guy with my SI they think I race and they tell me how their car is faster and better then mine. The thing is my EP is stock and it looks stock all but the JDM badges. I do not under stand why the have to tell me this.

I do not belive in streat racing at all and I will not try and do it at all. When they say they are faster I agree with them since they have mods and I do not so I would think they would be faster. So when I tell them that they are most likely faster then they get mad at me. So it seems like they are trying to get me to race and since I am not going to they get mad.

Thats our area for ya. Its all dumb young teenagers who always want to race. They say shit how the new si is slow. I just say "yes it is..."..while stairing at their 89 Accord..lol. Just punks who saw FnF and want to be just like that. Its all ricers around us. Let them be. There are not many of our cars around our area, so i guess we are going to be the ones who put up with it right? U see our crew's cars before and it happens to them also.

bloodzombie
11-26-2003, 11:11 AM
bloodzombie: be OVER it. i aint killed anyone yet. and im not GOING to kill anyone with my "violent" street racing lol

It's totally worth the risk though, right? you can't go around having people think you're soft. If your car is fast, you're hard, and you gotta show em that!

ps. where are you quoting "violent" from?

sniperSI
11-26-2003, 11:18 AM
who cares if he wants to prove a point. Every single one of us i'm sure has done things more stupid then street racing (or has raced) for the sake of pride.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just a state of mind. Personal ego points if you will.

rs_1101
11-26-2003, 12:39 PM
thank you. i dont think its fair for some of you to act like youve never redlined your car before