PDA

View Full Version : Well another EP gets destroyed

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 09:35 PM
God damn bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got woke up at 6:30 this morning by my GF to find out some asshole broke into my car. What a way to wake up. Well I walk outside to find this:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p763996af11605a285647d4e806d4e9c9/fa78fc47.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p841819943e655f0e8be534e372082c6b/fa78fb4c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pae80d13ec0fbe4dce59340cd2ad358c1/fa78fa4d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/pc8d4ed29ad7c98ea54d3fb9de147032b/fa790398.jpg

bobdobbs
11-24-2003, 09:38 PM
Fack! Sorry, man. What all did they get?

Driftin SI
11-24-2003, 09:40 PM
:( sorry dude, that really sucks

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 09:40 PM
About 300 cds, my clarion in-dash dvd, and well as u can see the whole top section of the center console includiing heat controls. It was a cold ride to work with no heat and no window.:o

Brettnyt
11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
fuggin theives! They destroyed your interior! That sucks that they took the in dash and 300 cds.... I like your floor matts tho... Pretty cool, but i bet they are reeally slick...

civicSIracer
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
that really blows man.. after so many of these threads, i have removed all my valuable CDs from my car.. only burned ones for the car.. sorry to see a fellow blue ep down:(

ep pilot
11-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Ya man whats up with keeping CD's in your car? You need an MP3 player for your next deck, or just burn copies for the car. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, looks like it could be much worse. If you were in California I would have you bring it to my shop to get fixed.

-Rj

BluePearl03Si
11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
"Remember a 100 shot of Nawz will cause those diamond plate floorboards to pop off!11" ~Fast and the Furious Ricer

Hehehe...

:( Sorry to hear that though man, those theives will be spending 5 years getting their asses plugged in prison soon enough.....they always mess up eventually. :D

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 09:58 PM
well actually most of my cds I already have backed up in mp3 format on my comp. I am only going to personally lose about 10-15 cds, but this 1 girl i know wanted me to burn some mix cds for her and i had all of her cds in there too so she lost about 100 cds.

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
fuggin theives! They destroyed your interior! That sucks that they took the in dash and 300 cds.... I like your floor matts tho... Pretty cool, but i bet they are reeally slick...

yeah when it is rainy they get a little slick and I am sure they will be hell this winter.

Zero Three Si
11-24-2003, 10:01 PM
Man did they do a number on your dash. You can totally tell they did a smash and grab, just by how the window is busted. The guy used his elbow to break it. Sucks man.

I would rather give the guy my stero then have him destroy my car.

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
I went to my local dealer today to see how much it was gonna be for the new interior $1688

Then after I got back home i got a shower and had to go back to work, out of habit as usual i pulled out my keys and hit the unlock button (car wasn't locked all day after this happened figured wtf are they gonna take and hell I have no window) and nothing. Upon further investigation I find I have no locks at all they cut that wire too and my turnsignals don't work either.

raiyo
11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
this sucks, sorry to hear that man.

A few questions for yah. Did you have an alarm, was the face on the deck, are u insured with custom coverage?

Hope yah insurance gonna cover this mess. You should claim your seat belt buckles stolen too. Cuz I need a set, heheh. Hope u get over this sadness soon.

shimmy_yaz
11-24-2003, 10:11 PM
no I didn't have an alarm

yes the face was on the deck and they got all the necessary wires

hopefully my insurance is gonna cover it

wish i could help ya out on the seat belt buckles

TheMutt
11-24-2003, 10:12 PM
This stuff really gets me on the edge. I really wish it were possible to just find out who it was and just beat them slightly more senseless with a large metal pole, or maybe even my penis. Really though, I feel bad about your loss as I'm sure you feel bad about your car.

1flySi2002
11-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I see finger prints on the dash, next to where the console was. dont know if you called the cops but maybe they could take the finger prints. sorry i watch CSI too much.:D

K-Series
11-25-2003, 06:06 AM
I'm sorry to see that, but it happens to the best of us.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/s/ssvr6/fucked-3.jpg

http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/s/ssvr6/fucked-4.jpg

150 CDs and my VAFC. You can see all of the wires that got jacked up when they ripped the VAFC out. Fuckers...

I have since installed a bad ass alarm and now only keep MP3s in my car.

Steve

1abSi
11-25-2003, 06:29 AM
if your hazards are unhooked...hook them back up and you should gain back your turn signals.....unless of course those wires are cut too

sniperSI
11-25-2003, 07:18 AM
sorry shim, that sucks real bad. Karma will get those fuckers. It always does.

dj addicted
11-25-2003, 07:22 AM
really REALLY sucks to hear about that... I would never put in an in-dash DVD player if I didnt have a garage to park the car in. I have an Alpine CDA-9815. Removable faceplate and only burned CDs in my car. Plus the player was only 325 so if they do decide to break in and steal it, insurance will give me the money for a new factory CD player which costs a lot more than 325. Also... get an alarm!! and put ilke 12 fucking horns on the inside hooked up to multiple power sources... so, if they do break in your car, their ears will bleed and then you will have a DNA sample to find the fuckers!!! Ok thats my little rant.

Seriously though.. really sucks. Been there before too

stephen
11-25-2003, 08:32 AM
If you have full insurance, it should be covered.

blackyEP3
11-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Sorry about your lost!!! Its really too bad how we have to work so hard on our cars and some mofo has to come along and steal/ damage it. :(

blacksihatch
11-25-2003, 09:07 AM
I hate this time of year, the weather is shitty and the holidays are hear meaning the thieves are out. My old car got completly stripped during a nice rain storm two weeks before christmas. Best of luck with insurance man and the rest of you take extra precaution when leaving your car expecially in mall parking lots.

JLannoo
11-25-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm sorry to see that happen. :(

Originally posted by stephen
If you have full insurance, it should be covered.

I know Allstate requires that you had extra coverage for it. So I 'm sure it varies depending on who you have. Everyone really needs to find this stuff out when spending $$$$ on stereo shit.

HondaMan
11-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Damn! Always sad to see a EP raped! :'( I hope it all gets fixed soon with no cost to you.

blueiedgod
11-25-2003, 11:56 AM
It sucks that they did that to you. I see what look slike fuse box cover on your seat, look in there, they probably pulled the fuse. Stock alarms usually plug into the wiring harness that has one or another circuit on it already. They probably just pulled the fuse.

Ever since they stole my CR-V, with the CD's and stuff, I no longer carry original CD's in the car. Only burnt MP3 copies.

enecks
11-25-2003, 11:57 AM
When my driver's side window was busted out, my insurance got me an appointment with a glass company. The guy came out the next morning, cleaned up the glass, installed the new the window, and went on his way. About 25 hours after waking up to find my window in 700 pieces, I had a shiny new one. $0 deductible too. In my case, however, the only thing I really lost was time--the 'vandal' didn't take anything. I guess my radar detector and Ray-Bans weren't really what s/he was looking for.

This stuff really gets me on the edge. I really wish it were possible to just find out who it was and just beat them slightly more senseless with a large metal pole, or maybe even my penis.

amen.

shimmy_yaz
11-25-2003, 04:39 PM
well i fixed the turn signal thing, all that was wrong was the hazard button was disconnected.

blueiedgod:
Thats not a fuse cover its my owners manual and I already checked all the fuses.

danoonez
11-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Im sorry man. What the hell is the deal with so many Ep's getting messed with lately?!

I would rather give the guy my stero then have him destroy my car.

My thoughts exactly in my case. A head unit can be replaced, but seeing my car, or any Si for that matter, messed up is just killer.

!@#$%
11-25-2003, 06:28 PM
fingerprints...get those greasy fingered chumps.

shimmy_yaz
11-25-2003, 08:40 PM
You guys have no clue how cops are in my town. The cop didnt even want to right up a report for it. I was like well I have to have a police report for my insurance claim. They are worthless!!

danoonez
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
The cop didnt even want to right up a report for it.

That is some major buuuuuuuuuulls***

chubbychu
11-25-2003, 09:44 PM
that is totally messed up, it seems eps have been targeted lately. this is scary

yellerep3
11-25-2003, 10:27 PM
im so sorry man, i had the same thing happen to me except my front seats were gone, sux man, im scared to but a dvd in my car for this reason, sux people cant get thier own shit, im sorry if this is a bit off topic, but where did you get your mats, hey at least they didnt get those, they are sweet, put her back together and get two alarms

frinksi
11-25-2003, 10:47 PM
that really sucks i had it happen to me with my seats stolen and my window still does not roll up correctly but on the bright side i cashed out on the stock stereo and that alone was worth 800 paid for deductable and new alarm and part of new system

LordKoo
11-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Dude!
You need to keep your face plate man!

These bastards should be hang, then shot... no... be shreat into pieces by two horses pulling in two different directions!
:mad:

shimmy_yaz
11-26-2003, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by yellerep3
im sorry if this is a bit off topic, but where did you get your mats, hey at least they didnt get those

www.nopi.com

they were a litttle expensive and if i had to do it all over again i would just make them myself.

Zero Three Si
11-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Makes ya wonder if people come to this site to check out our stuff or if some of our own EP memebers are robbing fellow EP'ers.

shimmy_yaz
01-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Boy does it suck to bring this thread back up and see those horrid pics:eek: :'(

But on a better note I just finally got my car finished yesterday. Damn Honda and parts on back order. Well when it was all said and done my insurance company treated me fairly well. I got the estimate for all the parts and labor and sent it to them, they never even came to look at my car (wish i would have known that in advance *cough* new seats *cough* :D) They gave me a check for 10 cds @ 16.95 a piece so since I had them backed up on the computer was gonna go towards my $250 deductible.

Well here is the really good part of it all. My sister and her boyfriend both work at my local Honda shop. Hes a mechanic and she is in charge of the repair shop. It actually cost them more for the parts and took them longer to do it than the original estimate said, so I stop by yesterday to pick up my car and I give the lady at the counter the check from the insurance compant that was inus my deducitble. She tells me about it costing more and that my sister had to wait and see how much the check was for until she could write out the bill.

So I just got a call from my sister and she was checking to see if everything was fine and I was like yeah it seems alright. Then I ask her what the deal with the bill was and she just simply took what the check was for and configured the parts and labor so it came out to the check amnount. So in other words I DON"T have to pay my deductible. WOOO HOOO:D

Oh well sorry to ramble on I am just so happy to have my car back to normal and I still have $250 I wasn't planning on having. Guess since she did taht for me and we are going out for her b-day tommorow I will be buying a couple of drinks.

shimmy_yaz
01-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh and another bonus since i got my whole dash replaced I no longer have that annoying little dent that alot of people seem to have

VIZHUNZ02SI
01-22-2004, 05:51 PM
damm pro i know how u feel
i got hit by a pro
they slim jimed the lock and went in for da kill. but they didnt break anything. but if u ask me i think some one thats breakin in our ep3's know what theyre lookin for. i mine a normal thief would take your ice and wallet and money. but it seems like he too your whole top console. and for the black boosted ep3, they took he v-afc. only some one in the import scene would know what to do with those.

VIZHUNZ02SI
01-22-2004, 05:52 PM
oh yeah
and as far as factory alarm. it is shit. if some one slim jims ur lock it well never go off.

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 06:15 PM
they broke my window and my arlarm didnt go offf:mad:

VIZHUNZ02SI
01-22-2004, 06:55 PM
i think any thing aftermarket is the best

yellerep3
01-22-2004, 07:04 PM
A rifle is the best secondary security system after an actual car alarm itself

SilverEpInDc
01-22-2004, 08:07 PM
That sucks bad man this is why I am to get a alarm

ep3hatchattack
01-22-2004, 08:13 PM
DOBBSSSSSSSSSSS YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!

btw real sorry about your car bro....

02SilverSiHB
01-22-2004, 08:36 PM
holy shit ballz! that sucks man :( did you not remove the face plate? God I hope this shit never happens to me...I do have a garage so I hope that helps :eek:

4g63dsm
01-22-2004, 09:52 PM
that sux but what were you thinking? you bought a dvd player but nto an alarm?:D :D

ep3hatchattack
01-23-2004, 02:26 AM
Sorry about the last post real random, i just saw that avatar and i got carried away....... im real sorry to hear that, its not like it used to be when police took that stuff seriously..... take care, it'll all get fixed man....... dave

shimmy_yaz
01-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
that sux but what were you thinking? you bought a dvd player but nto an alarm?:D :D

Well I only paid $825 for the dvd unit so it wasn't that bad and I was planning on doing a full custom fiberglass install that was gonna run me well over $3000 so I wasn't too worried about the alarm right away. My insurance company is replacing the head unit with a different one so I ain't going to fair out that bad.

Just a heads up I will be putting my new head unit up for sale here in about a week or so but I am not sure which unit I will be getting right now.

C1V1C
01-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Man .. this is suck ! they always get the whole thing. You are looking at $3000 loss man with labor etc, may be more.

I am not sure what Insurance you have. But State Farm will cover up to $3000 retail value of extra accesorries. If you still have the plugs for the hazard light, you can by pass it, at least your turn signal will work.

If they cut the whole thing, like heat control etc, I think you better bring it to the shop and let them do the whole thing brand new.

Sorry to see that. Good luck in the future.

shimmy_yaz
01-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
Man .. this is suck ! they always get the whole thing. You are looking at $3000 loss man with labor etc, may be more.

I am not sure what Insurance you have. But State Farm will cover up to $3000 retail value of extra accesorries. If you still have the plugs for the hazard light, you can by pass it, at least your turn signal will work.

If they cut the whole thing, like heat control etc, I think you better bring it to the shop and let them do the whole thing brand new.

Sorry to see that. Good luck in the future.

not to be an ass but did you even read this thread???

I already posted the exact amount of everything and just recently posted that my car is all fixed!

priest6479
01-23-2004, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear it man, If that happened to me I'd find the S.O.B and drag his ass down to the Pine Barrens and just duct tape his ass to a tree,slap my (_(_))))))D accross his forehead a few times and leave him to rot.
chances are he will never be seen again.

C1V1C
01-23-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
not to be an ass but did you even read this thread???

I already posted the exact amount of everything and just recently posted that my car is all fixed!

Not to be an ass too. What's wrong with my reply ? I am just feeling sorry that fellow ep owner has to go through this. This happened to me before also. Just think about it again, do you think your reply is necessary ?