PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO: CN Stage I @ 9psi (80mph start, 5th gear pull)

esmith13
11-24-2003, 10:36 PM
Ok, prolly my last vid for a bit. Thought this may be of intrest to some. This was taken on the trip from Phila., PA to Baltimore, MD where BlacknRedSi and I were going to visit EPHatchgirl and help 02sleepinSi with his spring install...

Video shows my car nose to nose with BlacknRedSi's EP doing 80mph steady -- then pulling ahead abit (maybe till about 110-120mph) while still in 5th gear -- down shifting is a thing of the past for me... ;)

Enjoy.

RIGHT CLICK HERE AND SAVE AS (http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/videos/80mph5thgearpull.avi)
(You need the Divx 5.1 Codec to play this video)

Eric

evilep3
11-26-2003, 03:14 AM
damn thats a nice pull at 80mph!!!
awsome vid

esmith13
11-26-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by evilep3
damn thats a nice pull at 80mph!!!
awsome vid

Thnx. ;)

Eric

BlackNRedSi
11-26-2003, 12:04 PM
yumm yumm 5th gear pull!!!!!

esmith13
11-27-2003, 09:38 AM
Hey, It could be a 15.0 Sec car and be "One FAST Si" ;) It's not like i said "Fastest Si" or something. And since most Si's in PA are like 14-16 sec cars I feel justified in my plate.

But yes, I do get picked on by the local V8 guys... That's the point :)

So far any that have picked on me have lost except for a Mach I Mustang, 2 cobras, and of course a z06. All the others have fallen :)

My track day may have been dissapointing, but most V8 bullies on the street pick on me from crusing speed up -- which is not the greatest idea on their part. They'd have a MUCH better chance from a dead stop or slow roll. Then again - they'd have to know i was turbo'd to use that philosophy, and with this broken BOV I'm still waiting on I'm just another ricer with "non-functional" guages to them... I'm sure you've seen alot of them in Philly like I have...

Eric

TheMutt
11-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Heh. I betya like the feeling of knowing the people looking at you from the next lane over are only wondering, "I wonder if those gauges have a turbo with them?"

eurosteez
11-27-2003, 06:15 PM
ooooo.....niiice.......hows 4th gear from 80?

esmith13
11-27-2003, 06:47 PM
4th gear from 80 is more torque, but not as fast.
Remember, 5th gear is a "faster" gear ratio, but N/A it's hard to make enough torque to accelerate in 5th. I could prolly drive in 3rd and shift straight to 5th regularly with out it being noticable...

... Third gear however SCREAMS from start to finish. :)

Eric

bgsteve523
11-27-2003, 08:16 PM
please keep the video's commin I can't speek for veryone but i love these things keeps me excyted about getting a turbo
thanks,
steve o

BlackNRedSi
11-27-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Blaise
Don't you think that it's kinda cocky to use the plate 'one fast si?' Don't you get reguarly picked on by our local v8 guys? ;)

eh, once he gets his new clutch/flywheel on he will be able to smoke most v8s in the area anyway...and just punish your neon and your friends neons...prolly even those stupid srt4s :)

beoch!

bgsteve523
11-29-2003, 02:33 PM
with your current set up on a stock clutch and fly will you be able to take one of thoes new neons?? One more thing how much of a difference is it with a new clutch and fly and how much will everything cost for parts and install?
Thanks,
Steve O

PS again love the vid

denmah
11-29-2003, 10:02 PM
can you like post links to all the videos you have? lol

denmah
11-29-2003, 10:40 PM
oh yeah and that is sick as shit!

esmith13
11-30-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
with your current set up on a stock clutch and fly will you be able to take one of thoes new neons?? One more thing how much of a difference is it with a new clutch and fly and how much will everything cost for parts and install?
Thanks,
Steve O

PS again love the vid

Well, all I can tell you is a STOCK SRT-4 runs about 14 flat with a great driver. I have run 14.1 myself with my current setup and surfsi has run 13.8 with a similar setup (anzeins for tires were the difference).... So, I would assume I can beat a STOCK SRT-4, but basic boltons would make me a fairly easy kill for one. The think I can look forward too most is passing him after he breaks down from runnin his car too hard for the race ;)

A new clutch and flywheel will let me accelerate faster (lightened flywheel) and get off the line above 2000rpm (stock clutch melts if you feather or dump above that). My 1/4mi should be MUCH better with a clutch/flywheel, but daily street driving and racing from a rolling start will be changed little.

... Here's a benchmark for you... Last night in Maryland with EPHatchgirl I SPANKED a Steeda Mustang GT ('01 or newer) by 3 car lengths with me and 3 other people in the car!! (a total of 850 lbs of people!). That was from a roll -- 'bout 20mph in second gear. Wonder how bad it would have been if I was by myself! ;)

Eric

esmith13
11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by denmah
can you like post links to all the videos you have? lol

Here is the only other video I have with my turbo in. It's bouncy and of my guage cluster while pulling from 20mph to 140mph. I had to pause the run at about 80 due to traffic, then pulled HARD from 80 to 140 (well, prolly 130 or so, guage read 140). Since then I have hit the rev limiter in 5th gear a few times... It's fun ;)

here's the link -- RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS (http://65.168.247.56/ephatch/videos/20-140_divx.avi)

Eric

bgsteve523
12-01-2003, 05:55 PM
NO THATS WHAT I WANNA HEAR SPANKING V8'S!!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY KIT!
SORRY GUYS I HAVE TO SAY THIS AGAIN I HATE THAT NEW NEON TOO DAMN FAST!
THANKS,
STEVE O

TheMutt
12-01-2003, 07:30 PM
Lets be realistic. No stage 1 turbo is gonna have you beating Z28s and GTOs. But you'll certainly keep up better!

esmith13
12-01-2003, 07:31 PM
If spanking V8's is what you want to hear, search for road stories from the user "surfsi". He has the same turbo kit and in my opinion, must HUNT for the kill... he has lots of kill stories for performance V6's and V8's. They should keep you "wet" till you've saved up enough dough for yours ;)

Eric

esmith13
12-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TheMutt
Lets be realistic. No stage 1 turbo is gonna have you beating Z28s and GTOs. But you'll certainly keep up better!

Hey, I have personally beaten 2 Z28's. One was DEFINATELY stock, the other sounded like it had a nice exhaust and I don't know what else... I lost BAD to a heavily modded one (3-4 car lengths), so if their not mostly stock, they'll KILL me easy. Ask surfsi, he's killed a few as well.

Remember, our cars can't handle the power the turbo brings well, without ALOT more work into the car, so our 1/4mi times are no reflection of the power we really have. Anytime you wanna send a mostly stock Z28 my way, I'd be happy to prove my point -- on the highway. Then we can goto the track and watch him spank me there ;)

Eric

chubbychu
12-01-2003, 07:45 PM
apc tails?

esmith13
12-01-2003, 07:47 PM
yep, and that's all most see of the car :cool:

Eric

chubbychu
12-01-2003, 07:49 PM
ahhhhh haha..i see! well, at least you have the speed to back up those looks. (ehh) :confused:

esmith13
12-01-2003, 07:56 PM
hey, I'm just playin' wit 'cha...

Seriously tho. I like them alot. I don't like "traditional" altezzas, with the chrome and clear plastic cover look. I like these cause the break light is mounted highest and largest, and the turn signal is lowest and smaller. The stock tails just look backwards to me, having the blinker high and round and a little square break light down low. I also don't like that the tail is all red stock. I only bought the APC tails for my Black Si after I saw they released the black version (6 months after the titanium and cf ones). I still think I may paint them body color too, so it looks more like lights in the back of the car instead of a "tail light assembly". I guess I just like the distinct seperation of the 3 lenses from each tail over the stock 3 intergrated into 1 look....

Damn, that was just a small novel...

Eric

chubbychu
12-01-2003, 08:11 PM
at least you have a reason for liking them =o)

they are nice but the only reason i dont like them is because they stick out to the side hecka far, or else they would be cool in my book

aznmikex215
12-03-2003, 02:52 PM
damnnn thats pretty hardcore. im from philly too!. i have seen your car around, maybe u have seen me?

i drive a blue 2001 civic ex coupe with rims drop and kit.. haha Rice =)

i will be turboed by the summer of 04 =)

esmith13
12-03-2003, 05:12 PM
I have seen a few blue coupe's around. You're prolly one of them. Drop me a PM sometime, maybe I'll meet you down Del. Ave one weekend and watch the show for a bit ;)

Eric

TheMutt
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
It's cool to see that you stuck w/ da tails even though everyone was on your ass about them. That's pretty cool. And I wasn't tryin to doubt the power of your Si or any other turbo EP earlier. I mean I want the turbo myself, but my friend is running 12s in his camaro with just some intake thing and an exhaust. I really don't think I can match that, but a stock I'm sure we could compete.

BTW, I love that vid you should make some more!

esmith13
12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
I know what your sayin, but honestly, it's more common for z28's to remain mostly stock that it is to see one heavily modded. Most people with a "poor man's muscle car", as they used to be called, just do the exhaust so they get that "muscle car" sound they want... And I can't say I blame them... It's like with the 'vette's... My friends buddy has an '85 vette and it would cost him like $400 to get a cold air intake for it that's 6" long!!

As far as the video's, My camcorder broke and i used the warranty claim for a new digital camera. I'll be getting a new camcorder in the spring, so unless someone else tapes me, that's it for a while....

Shame too, I just got good at burning out in this thing... I can shift it into second and keep it goin for like a minute... next time I'll try for third as well ;)

Wish I could get THAT on tape ;) -- any volunteers in the philly, PA area with a DV camcorder?? :D

Eric

PS - I love the tails, fuck what anyone says ;) It's MY car and MY dough, damnit!! :D

denmah
12-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by esmith13
I know what your sayin, but honestly, it's more common for z28's to remain mostly stock that it is to see one heavily modded. Most people with a "poor man's muscle car", as they used to be called, just do the exhaust so they get that "muscle car" sound they want... And I can't say I blame them... It's like with the 'vette's... My friends buddy has an '85 vette and it would cost him like $400 to get a cold air intake for it that's 6" long!!

As far as the video's, My camcorder broke and i used the warranty claim for a new digital camera. I'll be getting a new camcorder in the spring, so unless someone else tapes me, that's it for a while....

Shame too, I just got good at burning out in this thing... I can shift it into second and keep it goin for like a minute... next time I'll try for third as well ;)

Wish I could get THAT on tape ;) -- any volunteers in the philly, PA area with a DV camcorder?? :D

Eric

PS - I love the tails, fuck what anyone says ;) It's MY car and MY dough, damnit!! :D

well i have a DV camcorder. but im in allentown. not to far from philly. its supposed to snow like a bitch tonight tho.