PDA

View Full Version : Sway Bar Set Up

raiyo
11-25-2003, 12:09 AM
Yes, another poll to help me fellow hatcher out. I'm thinking of changing my front sway to a 23mm Type-S front sway bar. I dunno if I should or not. I don't want anything over 25mm, so need to suggest Progress or Neuspeed. They are good stuff. But seeing that the CTR has a 22mm front sway bar, I just wanna try to match it as close as possible. Our chasis is the same isn't it? My setup is for daily driving, I don't do track, drag, or all those good stuff I'm missing out on. However, I LOVE to push corners now and then.

My setup:
Tein S-Tech Springs /w Stock Shocks
OEM 25mm Front Sway
CTR 22mm Rear Sway
eBay Rear Strut Tower
eBay Rear Lower Tie

SHAKEnBAKE
11-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Your setup looks good, but the ebay rear strut bar won't do you any good if you're into racing/auto-x/canyon. It'll bent like shit, mine did after I took it to the canyons.

raiyo
11-25-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
Your setup looks good, but the ebay rear strut bar won't do you any good if you're into racing/auto-x/canyon. It'll bent like shit, mine did after I took it to the canyons.

yah, the rear strut does suck. but better than nothing till i find something better that is one piece.

Tenacious G
11-25-2003, 09:00 PM
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a better setup include stiffer springs? i've heard the S Techs are nice for daily driving, but since the spring rates are for the EM2s (softer spring rates than OEM), you're not really getting the full advantage of stiffer sway bars as the S Techs will allow more body roll.

raiyo
11-25-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a better setup include stiffer springs? i've heard the S Techs are nice for daily driving, but since the spring rates are for the EM2s (softer spring rates than OEM), you're not really getting the full advantage of stiffer sway bars as the S Techs will allow more body roll.

yes, the stiffer the better. i do plan to change it when i got the bucks to do so.

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm kinda thinking about the front sway from the rsx also...less oversteer with the 22mm rear comptech/sway/tie combo I got

Stupendous Man
11-26-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm having trouble in the sway department too...

I really want to stiffen up my chassis but i'm afraid of what these sways might do. Right now, as far as suspsension goes, I'm pretty much stock. Will getting a ctr rear sway cause my car to oversteer? I'm still pretty new to hard cornering and i'm looking toimprove overall cornering ability while maintaining a decent amount of stability. What are the physics of it all? I mean, on a FWD car, what would happen if the front is stiffer than the rear, or vice versa?

SHAKEnBAKE
11-26-2003, 02:59 PM
Theoritically, it is very hard to somehow set our car to oversteer, an FF cars (virtually)will always push(understeer).

Tenacious G
11-26-2003, 03:30 PM
with the CTR rear sway, you probably will notice that your end will swing around quicker (oversteer) than before since body roll will be reduced.

Stupendous Man
11-26-2003, 05:01 PM
how thick is the front sway on our si's?

SoCaLep3
11-26-2003, 05:20 PM
we have the 25 mm up front

raiyo
11-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Stupendous Man
how thick is the front sway on our si's?

try to search next time, I just did and found the link below.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19498&highlight=sway

Tenacious G
11-26-2003, 07:10 PM
LOL ... he didn't even have to search, it's only listed at the top of the thread.

raiyo
11-26-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
LOL ... he didn't even have to search, it's only listed at the top of the thread.

omfg, you're right, heheh. anyone else want some of the stuff i'm smoking? heheh

trk
11-27-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by SHAKEnBAKE
Theoritically, it is very hard to somehow set our car to oversteer, an FF cars (virtually)will always push(understeer).

Mugen suspension and progress rear sway/tie bar combo got rid of the understeer entirely ... my car does NOT dip forward -- it squats back and says "where now?".... heheh