PDA

View Full Version : Chet's Jet -- Bloomington, IN

chet
11-25-2003, 03:50 AM
ENGINE
Revhard Turbo kit: including FMIC, Vortech BOV, 440cc RC injectors, downpipe, Hondata ecu upgrade, NGK sparks plugs w/H.R. of 8. Hondata heatshield, Thermal R&D full catback exhaust, AEM fuel rail. The guys at SSC (install) also added a flex piece to fit between the downpipe and my exhaust. Now running Royal Purple 5w30. Neuspeed short shifter, Aluminum shifter bushings.

SUSPENSION & BRAKES
KW V2 fully adjustable coilovers (stainless steel), SPC camber kits, Progress sway bars (front and rear tie), Neuspeed front upper strut bar, Wilwood 4-piston caliper brakes, cryo-frozen slotted rotors, green stuff pads for daily dr & Wilwood racing pads for auto-x, Goodridge stainless steel brakelines, Wilwood brake fluid.

MISCELLANEOUS SHIT
To go with the turbo: I have a AutoMeter boost guage, Greddy turbo timer and PRofec B-spec II boost controller, Stewart Warner Performance digi-tach & shift light (WAY COOL!!)--this was picked out by the guys at SSC also. To go with the boost guage I have a carbon fiber pod. Seibon cf hood (B.Club) with hood pins, cf Mugen replica wing, Mugen-oil cap & rad cap &res covers, Spoon magnetic drain plugs (oil and tranny), J's Racing engine damper, 02BlkSi's ground kit. Honda - OEM foglights (PIAA extreme white bulbs in headlights, similar parking lights, and the same on the way for fogs).
And ventshades.

INTERIOR STYLING
Ichibahn polished aluminum race pedals, dead pedal and shift knob and e-brake handle, custom leather shift boot and e-brake boot, OEM Honda Civic Si floormats, 15% tint all around.

WHEELS & TIRES
For daily driving: 17" Rota Attacks (silver) w/Toyo Proxes FZ4's
For auto-x: 16" Rota Slipstreams (black) w/Falken Azenis

ENJOY!!
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTIwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTIxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTIyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTIzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTI0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQ0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQ1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQ2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjcxOTQ3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzA4MjE0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzA4MjEzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Vertigo
11-25-2003, 04:47 AM
Damn good lookin car Chet! How do you like the KW v2 coilovers and the Rev hard turbo kit?

Civicvtec1ps
11-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Badass man, I love everything about your car.
:)

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 07:24 AM
sweet looking ride man! love the boost :D

crex2nr
11-25-2003, 09:01 AM
awesome pics man!! jus wondering which piaa's you are using? i have factory fog lights and ive been looking for a replacement bulb for them.

CivicSiR
11-25-2003, 09:13 AM
good job bro. wish i had your calipers...i think i have your rotors, though not sure if yours are bigger...well, and i sortof also wouldn

CivicHB
11-25-2003, 10:09 AM
WOW, stock tails, now a mugen wing, and turbo. Your ride looks better ten fold compared to that weird wing and 3D tails look you had for a while.:angel: brakes look great as well. nice ride.

chet
11-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Vertigo
Damn good lookin car Chet! How do you like the KW v2 coilovers and the Rev hard turbo kit?

The V2's are still a little bouncy for my lower back, but its more about the road underneath. The RevHard kit blows my mind!! There is so much power under the hood with this little car, I love it. They still have a little bit of tweaking--its idling a bit too low.

Crex2nr--I have PIAA Extreme White bulbs for the headlights, PIAA Platinum white for the parking bulbs, and I have Extreme whites on the way from Chuck for the OEM fogs.

CivcHB--whoa, once you actually spend some time in this tuner world you realize what's stylish and cool for a particular car. I happened to learn the hard way, but this is the first car I've done anything like this to. So I now have a good basis for the next car I decide to get my hands on.

Civicvtec1ps and 02SIlver, thanks a lot guys

CIvicSir--the rotors are 12.2", they barely fit inside the Slips when I have them on the car for autocross.

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 12:18 PM
as for the idle being to high...is that due to hondatas tune of the ecu?

chet
11-25-2003, 12:32 PM
I am assuming as much. When I first start it, its idling at about1400 to 1500 rms. Then once the car's warm, it drops to like 750. The other day it idled so low it just died. Started right back up and hasn't done it again. But definitely needs adjustment. I'm calling them now!!

Zero Three Si
11-25-2003, 12:40 PM
A M A Z I N G

ep3si02
11-25-2003, 01:51 PM
looks good.

Driftin SI
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
:eek: very nice

Brettnyt
11-25-2003, 02:51 PM
Mmmm... turbo... Keep it up man! A HUGE improvement from the Aluminum spoiler! :D

RockEP_SS**
11-25-2003, 04:02 PM
Beautiful Chet, beautiful. How do you like the boost? I like that little boost gauge you got there, nice placement and the CF looks clean! How much you boostin? Looks great!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

chet
11-25-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by RockEP_SS**
Beautiful Chet, beautiful. How do you like the boost? I like that little boost gauge you got there, nice placement and the CF looks clean! How much you boostin? Looks great!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA

Thanks Rocky!! I LOVE THE BOOST!! . I wanted to place the guage higher, it just didn't seem applicable for me to put it next to the shifter. So I asked the guys who did the install to try and find me something and they came through. jdmpwr (member here) is actually the guy they got the pod from. He's in northern Indiana. I am boosting right under 7psi. Its actually set at 7, but the boost controller automatically keeps it at 10% lower. I can't wait to hit the dyno. I just may go tomorrow!!

johnnydanger
11-25-2003, 04:22 PM
DAMN CHET, U MUTHA FUCKA!!! that car is HELLA clean now... (not as cool as a white one i know of tho... lol) u fucker, now I AM GONNA BUY A TURBO... seriously dood, that thing is off the chain. i'll be up there soon, cause i wanna see it in person and take a ride in it so u can scare the shit outta me... lol ;)

chet
11-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by johnnydanger
DAMN CHET, U MUTHA FUCKA!!! that car is HELLA clean now... (not as cool as a white one i know of tho... lol) u fucker, now I AM GONNA BUY A TURBO... seriously dood, that thing is off the chain. i'll be up there soon, cause i wanna see it in person and take a ride in it so u can scare the shit outta me... lol ;)

Yeah, but do ya like it??!!;)

Thanks, John

johnnydanger
11-25-2003, 04:46 PM
MOS DEF...

StrangeShadow
11-25-2003, 06:40 PM
sweet man.

team ERA 5
11-25-2003, 09:56 PM
chet.....one word >>> nice

loving the pods, rims, wing, hood, color, too sum it all up EVERYTHING IS OFF THE HOOOK!!!

Jpax
11-25-2003, 10:01 PM
NICE ride chet, *Hugs chet* I lub you mang, That is a tight ass ride now. You make me proud. :D

crex2nr
11-25-2003, 11:11 PM
thanks chet for the info!! ill have to get those for mine now that i know that they make them.

chet
11-26-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by PaXiE
NICE ride chet, *Hugs chet* I lub you mang, That is a tight ass ride now. You make me proud. :D

THanks Pax and Team Era 5, I've been trying to learn the proper way to put my ride together. Brettnyt's right, its a long way from the way itlooked in spring of this year. I hope I stay in the same auto-x class after my next upgrades. May make things a little closer between the other guys in SM and myself.

Loudpedal
11-30-2003, 11:05 AM
That is one sweet jet. It's nice to see an EP with reasonable sized front rotors.

chet
11-30-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Loudpedal
That is one sweet jet. It's nice to see an EP with reasonable sized front rotors.

I think Wilwood has come out with a rear set also. . .Thanks btw. The brakes were one of my best upgrades for sure.

Peking
12-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Wow, very nice :D

chet
12-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Wow, very nice :D

I'm running into you everywhere too:D civicvtec1ps was giving me shit. . .at the RSXClub board because I posted a link there also. I can't help it.

Hey, thanks btw!!

tom3
12-01-2003, 07:32 PM
Nice EP!!

Can you post some pictures of the pedals?

thanks!!

chet
12-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by tom3
Nice EP!!

Can you post some pictures of the pedals?

thanks!!

Let's see if this one looks okay.

I don't think they look the best, but they do what's needed of them. Do they look "ricey"?

02SilverSiHB
12-01-2003, 08:08 PM
not ricey, just shitty :D sorry man, just being honest. I'd get some sparcos if I were you, maybe some sparco grips

johnnydanger
12-01-2003, 08:26 PM
yeah dood, be cool like me and get sparcos... lol ima sparco whore... ;)

chet
12-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
not ricey, just shitty :D sorry man, just being honest. I'd get some sparcos if I were you, maybe some sparco grips

I've been thinking of swapping these out, but when I think of it, I can usually find something better to spend my $$ on. So for now, I'm just shitty:(

IN VTEC
12-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Any dyno plots yet?

Stas03Si
12-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Very nice, love the ride.

could you post a close up pic of the engine damper, and especially where it connects to the strut tower, I think thats where it connects to, and also how it fits under, i would guess, the neuspeed strut bar. Was there any problems with that, like running out of threads on the bolts or anything like that? Thanks.

StrangeShadow
12-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by chet
Let's see if this one looks okay.

I don't think they look the best, but they do what's needed of them. Do they look "ricey"?
they look like spatulas!!!

johnnydanger
12-05-2003, 05:11 PM
hey chet, i got my racing harts... i'm so happy i wanna touch myself.... ;)

VIZHUNZ02SI
12-05-2003, 05:21 PM
dude does you engine light stay on with the rev hard kit

chet
12-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by VIZHUNZ02SI
dude does you engine light stay on with the rev hard kit

My Check Emissions Light stays on. Yes Indeed

John! Post some pics of your new wheels, I'd love to see them

VIZHUNZ02SI
12-06-2003, 05:30 PM
what caused that light to come on
was it the turbo kit or exhaust or what
i wanna know before i go by another part

StrangeShadow
12-06-2003, 09:33 PM
probably cause it's running rich, with the turbo... not sure though.

CIVICBOOST
12-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Turbo'd EP's kick ass man, way to go

Stas03Si
12-07-2003, 07:28 PM
So, is there any fitment problems with the strut bar and the engine damper at all? Is there enough threads left?

chet
12-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Stas03Si
So, is there any fitment problems with the strut bar and the engine damper at all? Is there enough threads left?

I didn't really have a problem with lack of space (threads) at all. But it was a damn tight fit the first time it went on. Then it kinda shaped itself to the car. I'm sorry, I've come down with a flu thing and forgot about pics of the damper. I will try and take some good pics tomorrow, I have the day off.

Stas03Si
12-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the reply man. I was just concerned as to how it would fit with the neuspeed strut bar. Just thinking about getting one, wanted to get some info on it. How much was the damper, and where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking. Looking forward to seeing some more pics. Thanks again.

DingDong02Si
12-13-2003, 09:39 PM
WoW that is sweet! drooliinnnggg:'( :D

chet
12-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by DingDong02Si
WoW that is sweet! drooliinnnggg:'( :D

Thanks!!

I wish the roads were snow free so I could actually drive it. But I'd rather keep it garaged.

Stas03Si, sorry I haven't posted pics of the damper yet. I've got bronchitis and just haven't felt like getting under the hood for pics. I will post some soon though.

Stas03Si
12-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Hope you're feeling better.

chet
12-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Stas03Si
Thanks for the reply man. I was just concerned as to how it would fit with the neuspeed strut bar. Just thinking about getting one, wanted to get some info on it. How much was the damper, and where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking. Looking forward to seeing some more pics. Thanks again.

I realize now that I never answered your question properly and I apologize, btw--I am feeling better now. I purchased the damper through PolePositionProducts--Howard. He was a vendor here, I'm not sure if he's been very active here lately. . .but I'm sure if you contact him, he'd have it available. Lots of new vendors too, you may take a look and see who might be able to get you one. I'm sure by now you've already done that:) I've autocrossed with this setup. When I drive, I drive. No pussyfootin around and I've yet to have any trouble with any thread stripping or slipping at all--it's all secure. As far as pics go, I will post a couple, but they're not very good.

EDIT: Actually, this is still the only pic I have. I'll try for some more if you need em.

HondaDOHC161822
12-26-2003, 04:03 PM
Chet, who makes you CF Pod... I think it looks hot... Its something different than a full pillar, gives the car a different look, which i like....

HondaMan
12-26-2003, 06:03 PM
Sweet ass ride! :eek:

How you like that engine dampner? I think that would be a better way to go over the ES engine mounts. I think?

Stas03Si
12-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Awesome, thanks alot, I appreciate it.

chet
12-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by HondaDOHC161822
Chet, who makes you CF Pod... I think it looks hot... Its something different than a full pillar, gives the car a different look, which i like....

you know, I'm not even sure who makes it. I told the guys who did the install that I couldn't find a single guage pod, and that is what they came up with. jdm pwr was actually the guy they got it from. He would be able to get you one or at least tell you about it.

HondaMan--Idig the engine damper a lot. It definitely cures a lot of the wheel hop. It was definitely beneficial during auto-x events at launch.

Stas--no problem:)

HondaMan
12-27-2003, 07:04 PM
you know, I'm not even sure who makes it. I told the guys who did the install that I couldn't find a single guage pod, and that is what they came up with. jdm pwr was actually the guy they got it from. He would be able to get you one or at least tell you about it.

HondaMan--Idig the engine damper a lot. It definitely cures a lot of the wheel hop. It was definitely beneficial during auto-x events at launch.

Stas--no problem:)

Cool, where did you get the engine dampner?

chet
12-28-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by HondaMan
Cool, where did you get the engine dampner?

Pole Position Products--Howard. . .I'm not sure if he's still an active vendor here, but you should be able to locate a damper group buy thread somewhere in the vendor forum, for his ph#, etc.

PAPITUYO326
12-30-2003, 11:23 AM
sweeeet ride...winner of black ep of the week! (my own award hahaha)

chet
12-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by PAPITUYO326
sweeeet ride...winner of black ep of the week! (my own award hahaha)

Thanks Man!! I wish the car was clean and I knew how to take some quality pics, I would have entered the Showstopper of the year competition. Maybe next year!

2003EP3
12-31-2003, 12:33 AM
2 thumbs up!

Stas03Si
01-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Beautiful! Good pictures.

StrangeShadow
01-02-2004, 11:40 AM
looking good. :)

johnnydanger
01-02-2004, 08:04 PM
white looks better tho... ;) isn't that right chet?

chet
01-03-2004, 03:19 AM
white looks better tho... ;) isn't that right chet?

I think it was Passenger 57 when Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on black." I don't know which is worse to keep clean though. Probably yours, but you don't mind keeping her clean now do ya Johnny?

This guy was cleaning his car at 10:30pm, the night we hung out. I couldn't hardly get over how immaculate he keeps his ride. Thumbs up to you Mr. Danger;)

johnnydanger
01-03-2004, 09:31 AM
well thank you chet... ;) hows the turbo? oh btw, did i say i HATE YOU NOW because you have one? lol i'll get with you soon and letcha know when i can come up ok?

Ep3_kid
01-03-2004, 10:43 AM
do you have any pics with the black slips on?? :D

chet
01-03-2004, 11:10 AM
well thank you chet... ;) hows the turbo? oh btw, did i say i HATE YOU NOW because you have one? lol i'll get with you soon and letcha know when i can come up ok?

Yeah, I was thinking of Saturday after next maybe. It depends on this freakin Indiana weather too. They fired the other evening d.j. at work, and are going to start using to other guys. So I'll have more opportunity to change my schedule around too.

EP3 kid--I will see what I can find. If I don't have anything that looks good, I'll swap out one side next week so you can get a looksee!!:)

BTW John, the turbo is really great, for the mostpart. I know the RevHard kit is supposed to be direct bolt-on and there's not much tuning your supposed to be able to do. . .but it seems like the fuel is a little rich maybe. I don't have an a/f guage yet, and if I can get it leaned out a little, it may run better. Also my turbo timer is a little touchy on occasion.

SpoonEP3
01-16-2004, 11:22 PM
nice roof spoiler, how much was it

chet
01-17-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by SpoonEP3
nice roof spoiler, how much was it

You'll have to check the ShowstoppersUSA threads, I think I pd. $370 or so. I honestly don't remember the exact price.

Or you can call and talk to Chuck or Rocky (818)-243-0954

Dunrick
01-17-2004, 08:30 AM
looks great. the rims look great on our car. I normally don't like 17" wheels, but those look great. Probably because you got some fat brakes tucked up in that hahah.....

looks good man:)

looks like you got some wesley slips for autox cause your a kaaarzy maaan like muh

*nightrider theme*

chet
01-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Dunrick
looks great. the rims look great on our car. I normally don't like 17" wheels, but those look great. Probably because you got some fat brakes tucked up in that hahah.....

looks good man:)

looks like you got some wesley slips for autox cause your a kaaarzy maaan like muh

*nightrider theme*

I definitely like the classic 5-spoke style, I always have. I am going to get the silver wheels powdercoated bronze here in the next couple months.

THanks btw!!

allbent
01-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Just wondering what size tires you are running on the Attacks.

The jet is looking great....

chet
01-21-2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by allbent
Just wondering what size tires you are running on the Attacks.

The jet is looking great....

215/40/17. And thanks. :D

ep3hatchattack
01-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Chet. "I like it. I like it alot." I like it enough to immitate Jim Carrey from Dumb and dumber..........

chet
01-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
Chet. "I like it. I like it alot." I like it enough to immitate Jim Carrey from Dumb and dumber..........

Glad you like it!! I can't wait until I can actually afford some more mods. But for the time being, it's not bad, aye??

Taro_San
01-22-2004, 08:33 AM
your car looks hot !!! ... :)

chet
01-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Taro_San
your car looks hot !!! ... :)

Thank you Taro San. . .Welcome to the site btw.

Hachiman
01-22-2004, 03:52 PM
That's a sick ride bro. With so many mods you still managed to keep it CLEAN. I like that.

chet
01-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Hachiman
That's a sick ride bro. With so many mods you still managed to keep it CLEAN. I like that.

Thanks, but it didn't start out that way. This is the first car I've ever done any aftermarket modification to -- except for wheels and stereo equipment. I started out with the 3-D Retros which I'm trying to sell still. I purchased a neon underbody kit which was removed once I fell in love w/auto-x. I had a rooftop APR wing for awhile. . .A lot of silly shit that I had to learn the hardway with. But I'm doing better now!!

johnnydanger
01-23-2004, 08:15 AM
funny schet, i'm trying to sell a certain body kit i've had for months too... ;)

johnnydanger
01-23-2004, 08:15 AM
sorry bout the spelling bro, just woke...

chet
01-23-2004, 10:09 AM
funny schet, i'm trying to sell a certain body kit i've had for months too... ;)

Have you decided on parting it out yet?? I know there was a guy interested in just a BC fr.bumpber and the other guy who wanted the skirts. I'm sorry man, I think we were both impulsive w/that kit.

And hey, dont worry about the schet--I've been called a lot worse!!

TrippZ
01-23-2004, 12:57 PM
Have you decided on parting it out yet?? I know there was a guy interested in just a BC fr.bumpber and the other guy who wanted the skirts. I'm sorry man, I think we were both impulsive w/that kit.

And hey, dont worry about the schet--I've been called a lot worse!!

chet if your underglow is yellow and still for sale let me know

johnnydanger
01-23-2004, 02:04 PM
hey chet, if you know a person who wants the bumper, let me know... as far as the skirts, there's a guy in st. louis who wants em, but i haven't seen any $$$ yet, so i might want to get rid of them too... $250 for the bumper $175 for the skirts btw, i have a new home phone # and shoot me an email, so you can get it ok? :)

chet
01-23-2004, 02:52 PM
hey chet, if you know a person who wants the bumper, let me know... as far as the skirts, there's a guy in st. louis who wants em, but i haven't seen any $$$ yet, so i might want to get rid of them too... $250 for the bumper $175 for the skirts btw, i have a new home phone # and shoot me an email, so you can get it ok? :)

Wurd!! BTW, I'll try and find the guy who wants the bumper.

Hachiman
01-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks, but it didn't start out that way. This is the first car I've ever done any aftermarket modification to -- except for wheels and stereo equipment. I started out with the 3-D Retros which I'm trying to sell still. I purchased a neon underbody kit which was removed once I fell in love w/auto-x. I had a rooftop APR wing for awhile. . .A lot of silly shit that I had to learn the hardway with. But I'm doing better now!!

Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way. And it's clear from your current ride that you've learned a good lesson. RESPECT. its earned lot learned.

johnnydanger
01-23-2004, 03:58 PM
chet,

yeah just let me know... hopefully i'll sell this thing... i like it, but i like not having a high interest credit card bill better you know? ;)

DC5RK20A
01-25-2004, 07:05 PM
Another sweet EP! Hurry up and bronze those wheels, once that is done the car is going to look even better. Updated photos next to the lake were nice.

chet
01-26-2004, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by DC5RK20A
Another sweet EP! Hurry up and bronze those wheels, once that is done the car is going to look even better. Updated photos next to the lake were nice.

I am probably going to wait until tax season is done and/or winter!! I might as well wait for th salt/sand/snow to be gone before I spend the $$ on my daily driving wheels. And I'm trying to save as much $$ as possible so I can get an LSD before I'm too deep into the auto-x season. Actually, I need a clutch/flywheel upgrade as well, so we'll see!!

DC5RK20A
01-26-2004, 02:42 AM
I am probably going to wait until tax season is done and/or winter!! I might as well wait for th salt/sand/snow to be gone before I spend the $$ on my daily driving wheels. And I'm trying to save as much $$ as possible so I can get an LSD before I'm too deep into the auto-x season. Actually, I need a clutch/flywheel upgrade as well, so we'll see!!

Definitely I can understand! Yeah, get the LSD first, you will be much happier with that.

4g63dsm
02-03-2004, 02:45 AM
jey why don't the pics show up anymore? i really wanna see pics of the buddy club hood cuz i'm thinking of getting one. How is it holding up in terms of fading? how long have you had it? How is the fitment?

Vertigo
02-03-2004, 02:53 AM
Well Chet as you probaly know installing the LSD the same time as the clutch/flywheel will save you some $$$ in labor. Your car is coming along nicely! Congrats!

chet
02-03-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by 4g63dsm
jey why don't the pics show up anymore? i really wanna see pics of the buddy club hood cuz i'm thinking of getting one. How is it holding up in terms of fading? how long have you had it? How is the fitment?

I mashed my knee at work and I'm slightly under the influence of some pilsl so bear w/me. . .The pics are currently disabled. DTH thinks this may be part of the servers problem. I tried it once and no pic. I have it garaged, so no fading. I don't know if you're a perfectionist, bu there were some blemishes --small white marks. Nothing reall noticeable unless that what you wanted ot see. I think it was basically spring of '03 when I purchased it. Fitment is a little to be desired. THe front where it meets the grill could come down farther, but its not bad. The side s are fine.

Vertigo!! THat's what I would like to do. It doesn't make any sense to do that any other way

chet
02-13-2004, 12:34 AM
Pics are back up. No Red X's now!! Take a look and enjoy. They're on the beginning post

aRz
02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Ur car` is SICK SICK SICK:eek: :D

ULTRAMANIA
02-13-2004, 02:06 AM
good bump on this thread.... daaaaamn chet.. i had no idea.. your car is freakin sick... very well balanced to cosmetics, engine work, suspension, brakes etc... good shieeeeet man... i'm lovin' it.. big ups to you homey. hehe

chet
02-13-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
good bump on this thread.... daaaaamn chet.. i had no idea.. your car is freakin sick... very well balanced to cosmetics, engine work, suspension, brakes etc... good shieeeeet man... i'm lovin' it.. big ups to you homey. hehe

Thanks!! I was just grateful that I finally figured out how to post pics the correct way. I've been struggling w/it for a week. Thanks for the props aRz.

I can't wait until auto-x starts. Two weeks or so. I'm stoked

phatfreeza
02-13-2004, 03:10 AM
hey chet... finally see your ride... i am so lovin' the attacks on your ride... it just matches everything so perfectly... i think i found my next set of wheels... so clean man!

chet
02-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks phreeza!! I like the wheels too, but am getting tired of the color. I'm mostlikely going to have them powdercoated bronze in the next couple months.

I'm mildly tempted to sell the wheels.

STP03BlueSI
02-13-2004, 02:03 PM
DAMN!!!

03CivicSi
02-13-2004, 09:03 PM
Nice Ep! I like the front end, very busy up there. and the drop is real good too. I have a question... what is the stock Ep's currect injection cc's set to? and where do you get bigger injectors? one more... did your BOV come with your revhard kit or seperate? can you get one seperate? Thanks, and keep up the sweet work, way to represent.

edit: Oh and I think you're stoppers are really nice looking too:)

chet
02-14-2004, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by 03CivicSi
Nice Ep! I like the front end, very busy up there. and the drop is real good too. I have a question... what is the stock Ep's currect injection cc's set to? and where do you get bigger injectors? one more... did your BOV come with your revhard kit or seperate? can you get one seperate? Thanks, and keep up the sweet work, way to represent.

edit: Oh and I think you're stoppers are really nice looking too:)

I am clueless on the stock injectors size--Good damn ? --The 440 cc's came w/ the RHard kit. That is a Vortec bov that was also in the RHard kit. I'm sure Chuck at Showstoppers could get you a bov no prob. (818)-243-0954, he's on the W.Coast though. Check Vortec's website for a local shop that carry's their products!!

I LOVE THE WILWOODS, they're one of my favorite mods.

surfsi2
02-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Chet, nice ride and about your rpm's I feel as if this is normal, mine does the same thing, as for the engine light-I retrip my ecu fuse located in the front under hood fuse pannel. I take it out for about 30 seconds and then reinstall, this calms down the rpm's.
I to have a big brake kit (rotora),don't they rock.
Anywho this retrip works for me but I have a CN kit so hope it helps? One other thing, my rpm's also start at 14 to 1,500 and I just wait until it drops, I think this is good for the car seeing how it's got added stress. best of luck with your baby Rob.

phokingphosho
02-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Hey Chet, just wondering, would it be possible to fit the boost controller and timer, both in that little compartment on the driver side by your left leg? Or would only one be able to fit there? Thanks, badass ride!!!

chet
02-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by phokingphosho
Hey Chet, just wondering, would it be possible to fit the boost controller and timer, both in that little compartment on the driver side by your left leg? Or would only one be able to fit there? Thanks, badass ride!!!

You might squeeze one in there, but no way both will go. Thanks btw.

SurfSi2--I might give the fuse a try, but I don't think that will actually take care of the problem.

chet
02-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Hood pin pics
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc2NTE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc2NTE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

This is the right side of the hood from underneath and the "White spot" is the actual hole from the bottom
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc2NTE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjc2NTE5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Peking
02-16-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks Chet for the pics :) Did you screw on the screws (on the hood itself), or did you drill holes for them?

Jon

chet
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks Chet for the pics :) Did you screw on the screws (on the hood itself), or did you drill holes for them?

Jon

The hole underneath the hood is about the size of a quarter, on top of the hood, there's a "slit" drilled--basically big enough for the top of the bolt that attaches to the latching mechanism. The latching mechanism on top of the hood came with three rivets a piece--3 small holes were drilled and then the rivets set. Once again J. Demaree of SuperStreetConcepts who did the turbo install also did the hood pins. I should have taken pics during the install, but wasn't really worried about it at the time--it would have been nice info to share sorry:(

Does that answer your ?

Peking
02-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Yep, close enough. Thanks agian :) Hope I don't f*ck up mine :D

chet
02-16-2004, 10:29 PM
Yep, close enough. Thanks agian :) Hope I don't f*ck up mine :D

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

priest6479
02-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Nice Very Nice!

So Nice I may paints tits on the hatch and mount it like a 2 dollar whore!

chet
02-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by priest6479
Nice Very Nice!

So Nice I may paints tits on the hatch and mount it like a 2 dollar whore!

LMFAO!!! That's fucking funny. If you do, you have to give her a bath afterwards;)

priest6479
02-17-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Chet quick question, I noticed you have that Tiny air filter instead of running it to you Intake, where did you find one of those, and does that make any difference?

Im referring to that small filter that comes out of your valve Cover.

chet
02-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Hey Chet quick question, I noticed you have that Tiny air filter instead of running it to you Intake, where did you find one of those, and does that make any difference?

Im referring to that small filter that comes out of your valve Cover.

That is all different now. RevHard didn't include the intake pipe when I first received the kit. They just sent it to me last week. Now that is connected to the intake. The way you see it there was set up by the install guys. THey fit a filter directly to the turbo and found that mini filter somewhere. No clue where it came from. I'm actually done w/the mini filter. If you want it, I'll sell it to you. Let me know.

priest6479
02-17-2004, 03:56 PM
What does that tube there do anyway?

is there is some sort of difference with that filter?

chet
02-18-2004, 01:01 PM
What does that tube there do anyway?

is there is some sort of difference with that filter?

They main reason the mini filter was used was because RevHard did not include the intake pipe originally and the install guys made due with this setup. Now, I'm not sure about the tube you're talking about?? It's all connected and running through the intake now.

priest6479
02-19-2004, 06:08 AM
I was just curious what that filter specifically is there for is all, I have a pipe that runs to my intake but I wasnt sure if that mini filter is better or that tube that runs to my intake is better.

What does it feed air to? the valve Cover?

Still tryng to learn about my engine is all.

chet
02-19-2004, 09:42 AM
I was just curious what that filter specifically is there for is all, I have a pipe that runs to my intake but I wasnt sure if that mini filter is better or that tube that runs to my intake is better.

Believe Me!! I'm still learning stuff all the time. I've never claimed to actually know what I'm talking about. This is all new to me. IN VTEC was trying to explain to me where the air goes (I guess there's a small layer of air that surrounds the pistons, and this is where the air feeds from). Man, I hope I've got that right.

And to be honest, I don't like the mini filter as well as the intake hook-up.

priest6479
02-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Hmmmm I guess in that case you would want the cool air coming in from the intake and not the hot air being filtered.

although the air doesn't have to travel as far if it has a mini filter on it.

STP03BlueSI
02-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Can you post more pics of the hood?:D I am lookin at gettin one soon.

Thanks
Chris

STP03BlueSI
02-19-2004, 10:24 AM

That is a Crank Case breather hose. To much air has to escape some how.

priest6479
02-19-2004, 10:28 AM
so Air blows out of that?
Air coming out of the case if bound to be hot, why would you want that in the intake? Wouldn't a filter make sense?

Hmmm

chet
02-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
Can you post more pics of the hood?:D I am lookin at gettin one soon.

Thanks
Chris

I'll take some more this afternoon and hopefully post some tonight!!

Also, the crank case breather we've been discussing. . .Air is being released from the crank case? I thought the idea was to put air into the crank?? Forgive my ignorance.

priest6479
02-19-2004, 01:46 PM
Yeah forgive my ignorace too!

chet
02-19-2004, 03:39 PM
STP03BlueSI, here are some pics of the hood, let me know if you want a specific type of shot.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgwODk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgwODk1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgwODk2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

STP03BlueSI
02-19-2004, 04:01 PM
I'll take some more this afternoon and hopefully post some tonight!!

Also, the crank case breather we've been discussing. . .Air is being released from the crank case? I thought the idea was to put air into the crank?? Forgive my ignorance.

Hey its ok. I didn't know what it was till I started to work for a car dealership. It actually recycles the air back into the intake tube. Thats why you have a hose connected to the pipe.:D

STP03BlueSI
02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Do you have any issues with water goin in to the engine bay?

Also does it come already punched out? or do u have to dremel it?(for the air vent):D

Pics great!

Can you take one of the underside. and one lookin out the windshield.

THANKS again!

Chris

chet
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Do you have any issues with water goin in to the engine bay?

Also does it come already punched out? or do u have to dremel it?(for the air vent):D

Pics great!

Can you take one of the underside. and one lookin out the windshield.

THANKS again!

Chris

I just added the rubber seal that was on the stock hood. That helps w/some of the water. But honestly, If I drive the car, and know I'm going to park in heavy rainfall, I'll take a towel or chamois and put it underneath the vent. I just try to keep it clean and I don't really have any water probs.

The vent was already open, no cutting needed.

I will take some more pics tomorrow!!

PAPITUYO326
02-19-2004, 08:10 PM
that is one seriously good looking hoood

good choice man

chet
02-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by PAPITUYO326
that is one seriously good looking hoood

good choice man

Thanks, I'm glad I picked one with a real vent (decent sized too), because of the added heat w/the turbo. It vents quite a bit of heat for sure. It seems to look a little better now that I added the factory hood rubber seal.

STP03BlueSI
02-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Cant wait to see more pics!!:D

ViNRoCk8
02-20-2004, 04:07 PM
sweet car

chet
02-21-2004, 03:12 AM
Cant wait to see more pics!!:D

I'm hopefully going to actually get the car clean enough for pics this week, plus auto-x starts next Sunday for me. I haven't had the slipstreams on the car since I installed the cf wing, I can't wait to see how she looks all blacked out!!

THanks VinRock8 for the props.

STP03BlueSI
02-21-2004, 06:28 AM
So where are the underside of the hood pics?:D

Chris

chet
02-21-2004, 06:30 PM
So where are the underside of the hood pics?:D

Chris

Let me know if they're not what you're looking for.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgzODAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgzODAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgzODAzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

speedking604
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
how much did you pay for the turbo kit? including installation and shipping?i still aiming on buying supercharger for my car but since i saw your turbo kit, it seems i'm changing my plan. what is the main maintenance on turbo anyway? i know that the superchager only need to change the belts. what about turbo?

chet
02-21-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by speedking604
how much did you pay for the turbo kit? including installation and shipping?i still aiming on buying supercharger for my car but since i saw your turbo kit, it seems i'm changing my plan. what is the main maintenance on turbo anyway? i know that the superchager only need to change the belts. what about turbo?

I paid over $5000 for all of it including extras and necessities such as boost guage, turbo timer, boost controller, a cf pod, etc (all listed on first post. The kit goes for about $3400 (which includes an ECU reprogramming).

As far as maintanence--I'm not exactly sure what your asking. IF you mean needed additional upgrades: clutch, maybe flywheel. Definitely an LSD--traction loss woes. .. ..:(

THis is my first turbo and I'm still learning alot. I check my oil all the time. The turbo generates so much heat and the A3 burns oil anyway, I would definitely keep an eye on that. There are other kits out there that are probably a tighter kit, and more powerful. I'm mildly upset w/the fact that I still don't have the correct intake setup from RevHard.

Have you driven anything else w/ F.Induction??

speedking604
02-21-2004, 08:56 PM
i dont know what it means by f. induction

chet
02-21-2004, 09:10 PM
i dont know what it means by f. induction

I just looked this up.

http://www.purehonda.com/cool/turbo.html

It has to do w/air flow. Turbos move the hot air coming out of the engine through the exhaust quicker, and superchargers force air throught the manifold, front of the engine faster. This is a very basic way of describing what's going on, I think you and I are on similar levels of understanding when it comes to turbo. It's a whole new monster as far as cars go. The feeling of the turbo spooling up and each of the front wheels seem to have their own direction in mind w/enough power to go where they want!!

chet
02-22-2004, 12:00 PM
Pics of spoiler and a dirty ass car for civicvtec1ps

Hope they can help. . .Let me know if they don't

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjg0NzI5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjg0NzMwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjg0NzMxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjg0NzMyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

speedking604
02-22-2004, 06:38 PM
could you gave me a phone number to call coz i want to buy same spoiler as your.how much alltogether including shipping?

chet
02-22-2004, 06:42 PM
could you gave me a phone number to call coz i want to buy same spoiler as your.how much alltogether including shipping?

Talk to Chuck or Rocky at Showstoppers USA, 818-243-0954. I think it was $385, I haven't been keeping good track of what I spend, I'd have to go back and make sure. There's probably a thread in Vendor sales or groupbuys ( Mugen replica carbon fiber wing).

speedking604
02-22-2004, 07:44 PM
thanks man...i will try to call them tommorow.....i will buy this before summer.

STP03BlueSI
02-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Let me know if they're not what you're looking for.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMjgzODAzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Thats what i wanted!!! thanks!!! Yep that is the hood I am getting.:D btw do you have any problems with the heat and the carbon fiber(from the engine). also what do u do to protect the hood and the wing?

Thanks again
Chris

chet
02-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Thats what i wanted!!! thanks!!! Yep that is the hood I am getting.:D btw do you have any problems with the heat and the carbon fiber(from the engine). also what do u do to protect the hood and the wing?

Thanks again
Chris

Haven't noticed any "heat scarring" or anything that you might expect. For protecting the wing and hood, I use what I do on the rest of the car (for now)--it's a dry wash (wipe on, wipe off) type wax. It's expensive, but its quick and easy and lasts. I'm thinking about trying to sell the stuff, but haven't put much effort into it yet.

I wanted to let you know, If you have the opportunity to buy the hood from a vendor (Seibon) other than AFS Motorsports out of Indianapolis, then by all means do so. They kinda jerked me around last year on a bodykit deal. . .I will not do business w/them again. It also seems that the stuff I've seen come from there shop is usually not immaculate like I feel it should be when they charge what they do. PM me if you don't understand and I'll give some more detail. But definitely see who else sells Seibon stuff.

03CivicSi
02-28-2004, 12:47 PM
They still have a little bit of tweaking--its idling a bit too low.

For low idle doesnt getting colder spark plugs do something?.. because 8 seems a notch or two high, and maybe upgrading grounding wires/kit... just a thought

chet
02-29-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by 03CivicSi
For low idle doesnt getting colder spark plugs do something?.. because 8 seems a notch or two high, and maybe upgrading grounding wires/kit... just a thought

Definitely going to get a grounding kit soon. . ..As far as the sparks, that's what the RevHard kit suggested (I think). I'll have to check on that

priest6479
02-29-2004, 06:10 PM
I just bought the Happies kit, Made a difference, just seemed to make things smoother, especially in first gear.
pretty good mod for 40 bucks. Very simple install as well.

ep3hatchattack
02-29-2004, 10:43 PM
That looks fuckin sweet chet! Thats a bad ass ride....... im envious. I love those wheels with the Wilwoods. take care bro, dave

chet
03-01-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by ep3hatchattack
That looks fuckin sweet chet! Thats a bad ass ride....... im envious. I love those wheels with the Wilwoods. take care bro, dave

Hopefully I'll have some different wheels by the end of March. But I do like the attacks a lot. Thanks Dave

chet
03-17-2004, 07:50 PM
ADDED NEW PICS AT END OF BEGINNING POST--THE AUTO-X LOOK, FIRST PAGE

HondCivc91
03-17-2004, 10:54 PM
I'm lovin the hood - I like how it looks like it's pissed off and shoven' out it's pecs.

phatfreeza
03-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Hopefully I'll have some different wheels by the end of March. But I do like the attacks a lot. Thanks Dave

if you do, i'd be interested in the attacks :)

anyways, i like how the fmic is hiding behind the stock bumper... it looks oh so sexy like that :)

StrangeShadow
03-18-2004, 05:34 AM
ok, searcged the whole thread, so no one throws bricks at me or anything.
got a dyno?

chet
03-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
ok, searcged the whole thread, so no one throws bricks at me or anything.
got a dyno?

I was planning on getting it done this month, Hopefully I can go in next week and get some #'s.

I will be honest w/you though, I did go late last year--didn't have the boost turned up very high and was totally disappointed w/the #'s I got. I really didn't have enough knowledge of my boost controller and didn't want to blow up my engine. So I've figured that out now and can safely turn my boost up. I don't run around w/it at full all the time--just isn't necessary. But I will definitely have some in the next couple weeks. I promised some other guys I would post #'s elsewhere too.

PHatfreeza--I just about had them sold, had a used pair of Superleggeras headed my way, and I backed out of the whole thing. Just couldn't afford it really. The guy I was going to sell the Attacks to never did get back to me when I told him I couldn't do the deal. So if and when I do plan on selling them I'll let you know. My other idea is to get them powdercoated bronze.

I'm currently trying to figure out how much it's going to be to get LSD and clutch (I'm saving up).