PDA

View Full Version : New Headlights Fogged Up!!

Btrthnezr3
11-25-2003, 07:01 AM
Hey guys...as many of you know, I picked up my EP last thursday and have been enjoying it ever since...but last night, when washing some bird poop off the hood in the freezing cold...I noticed the interior of my headlights were fogged up like I had done a DIY blackout or something (which of course I haven't)...blah...I am soo pissed! So, I'll be going back to the dealer today...I guess they are gonna have to order/get me new housings? Not really sure what they are gonna do...but they will be doing something, dangit!! They also need to detail it...there's this small scuff like from wax or something near the rear window...I need to get them to fix that too...Not to mention that 2 days after I got it I noticed small specs of "oxidation" looking stuff on my paint...took it back...they took like an hour to "fix" it...blah! Pisses me off...anyways...I still love the car...and I'll be the first to reccommend it to anyone else...just needed to vent...and I hope everything goes well at the dealer today...they better not give me the runaround...I have had 2 sets of headlights on my old civic (stock and aftermarket) and niether of these ever fogged up like this!!! Ahhhhhhh!!! Wish me luck!

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 07:06 AM
yeah, they'll replace it for you if it's still there.

sai_iii
11-25-2003, 07:07 AM
i don't know about the headlights but there was a chip in the paint on my fender when i first got my ep and i took it back to the dealer and they repainted the whole fender. So Good Luck!

Btrthnezr3
11-25-2003, 07:14 AM
Hey guys...thanks for the support...I'm just hoping that the fog is still there, so they can see it...I don't care what it takes, I just want it fixed!! You know? They have been really good to me thus far, I just wanna keep that trend...If they have to keep it...whatever that's fine...I just want it fixed and fixed right...I'm gonna call up there while I'm at work to let them know I'm coming...::crosses fingers::...I hope everything works out and that I'm doing the right thing! Thanks again guys!

oogy-boogy
11-25-2003, 07:45 AM
You shouldn't have a problem....Dave (Black 02 SI) had the same prob and they replaced it.

CivicHB
11-25-2003, 09:04 AM
My dealer replaced it in less than two hours, no questions asked. They told me I was the 4th Si owner that week alone to have the passenger side headlamp replaced. For reference they will not let you take the new headlight home do do it yourself, but I still had to take off my bumber at home right after to make some adjustments b/c the tech didn't feel like doing his job correctly anyway.