PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 after 80 mile drive :)

ImolaS54
11-25-2003, 07:08 AM
This car is just great!!! so small to go in and out of traffic, handlees great around turns....amazing throttle response amazing shifter.

The stock stereo is actually not all that bad, it's clear and has tight bass notes.

The sunroof, what's the deal w/ that half way stop?! i know i can hack it but i rather not take apart my car at this stage.

The negative -

I didn't think i would, but i miss an armrest!

Somehow my seating position puts the side of my kness area against the center dash, it actually kinda hurts right now :D

The brakes!!! these brakes are just too weak for this car!!! Maybe i need to get use to it...but it does not give me any secure feeling at all during some spirited driving.

overall this is a super fun car for the money! now i just need to upgrade those wheels...i can't remember the last car i drove w/ 15" rims :D :D

Btrthnezr3
11-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Sorry to hijack your thread...but I pretty much feel the same way...
I love the car...the acceleration, the shifter, the interior...but I find my self unable to sit close enough without looking like I'm up inside the steering wheel...haha...I guess I'm too short...
Not to mention my foggy headlights that I am gonna try to get replaced today by my dealer...
Everything else about this car is just really nice...hehe...and I can't wait till after I break it in so I can really open her up a bit...and congrats Imola...on a great car!

ImolaS54
11-25-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Btrthnezr3
Sorry to hijack your thread...but I pretty much feel the same way...
I love the car...the acceleration, the shifter, the interior...but I find my self unable to sit close enough without looking like I'm up inside the steering wheel...haha...I guess I'm too short...
Not to mention my foggy headlights that I am gonna try to get replaced today by my dealer...
Everything else about this car is just really nice...hehe...and I can't wait till after I break it in so I can really open her up a bit...and congrats Imola...on a great car!

damn u suck!! i wanted white!!!!!! yeah i am 6' tall and to get close to the wheel i need to jam myself to the front..i don't drive ghetto style of course :)

blueiedgod
11-25-2003, 01:11 PM
I am 6 footer as well, I found that if you set the seat 2-3 notches from the farthest back, and then set the seatback straigh up, like in a truck. It gives you the best reach and takes the pressure from the thighs, as the seat coushion is not adjustable.

If you think the throttle responce is great now, wait until 10,000-15,000 miles the engine just opens up.

Brakes do suck, get used to it. I asked my dealer if I replaced the rotors and pads with EBC if that would void warranty, he said they have no problem with it. But if there is a major malfunction and the regional rep has to come in, he will most likely void the warranty on the whole brake system.

bloodzombie
11-25-2003, 01:16 PM
I'm about 6'1 and i like it one notch from the back, and if I put the seat straight up it feels like shit. I need to recline, not ghetto style, but maybe 2-3 inches to make it feel right.

EDIT: I also missed the armrest for about a week, but then I got used to it.

Dunrick
11-25-2003, 02:02 PM
it handles 20x better w/ suspension mods

until you get used to them...and you feel you need more

more

More

MYy PreEEciOus!!!!!!!!!!

phatfreeza
11-25-2003, 04:13 PM
i'm still waiting to break the 10,000 threshold... closing in on 8,000... grr... can't wait!!!

glad you like the car so much! i for one love my car! even w/o an arm rest... i just play with my ebrake more often.. :)