PDA

View Full Version : All that talk about my nokyas lasting....well, they don't

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 07:34 AM
I saw a few threads a while back talking about nokya bulbs not lasting that long. I never had problems with them before,but one of them just went out yesterday...I've only had them a year...so I guess stay away from nokyas.

Hatch, Si Hatch
11-25-2003, 07:43 AM
Was it the passenger side bulb? The reason I ask is because it always seems to be that one to go out on my honda's as well as friends of mine who own civics. I had 2 sets of Nokya's on my 97' Civic EX and the right one failed first both times. And now with the Si, I ordered some PIAA's when I first bought the car and the right one went out a few months later.

Also on my fiance's 02' Jetta I installed some generic bulbs and the right one went out first.

I may be crazy, but it seems as though the right one is made to fail first.

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2003, 10:57 AM
nah, my driver side one went out...it didn't look black like when it blows, the spring inside the bulb came off, might have been rough driving of mine, but still, that's poor quality, they used to be good imo, but not anymore.

Driftin SI
11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Funny you should say that because both of my silverstar's went out last night, both within 10 minutes of each other. The passenger side went out first and then the driver's side, weird. I've had them for a while though, almost two years so I was fairly happy they lasted this long.

Hatch, Si Hatch
11-25-2003, 12:47 PM
I've never had good luck with aftermarket bulbs, however the Silverstars have been the longest lasting yet. Now watch then blow on the way home.:eek:

2k2_nbp_egg
11-25-2003, 05:28 PM
time for some HID's bud ;)

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
time for some HID's bud ;)
LOL, only if I get them for free :D

Civicvtec1ps
11-26-2003, 04:15 PM
liteglow light bulbs are lasting about 2 years now. Still running strong.Price was only around $12 at target.

ep3hatchattack
11-30-2003, 09:49 PM
My passenger went out first on these european bulbs. they were extremely blue, almost as much as an Audis, but they lasted like 9 months.... Now i have silverstars, they are great, i got two pairs for free, and i dont see my lights going out anytime soon, but oh well i have an extra pair.....