PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my car.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 01:28 PM
Went over a hill way too fast, swerved when I landed, bounced off guardrails.

Car bottomed out when I hit, but other than that looks like just the bumpers are destroyed.

Currently sitting at a garage that doesn't do body work, waiting for dad to get home and scream at me... figure out where it goes after this.

Possible opportunity for aftermarket bumpers?

Advice/opinions/flames for driving stupid/etc... please help.

I've gone over the hill and gotten air a million times with never any problem. Going maybe 5mph faster than usual this time... tire came off one of the wheels.

Also got ticket for speeding instead of reckless driving, which is good.

Any idea about insurance, anything? Thanks...

pedzola
11-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Car has 1600 miles on it, 6 weeks old... blah.

ATRIOT
11-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Ah fuck sorry to hear that dude. I hate that feeling when you get hit or into a crash... Its like getting kicked in the nuts + fear.

eurosteez
11-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
ouch, you always get air in your ep?

mrfixit687
11-25-2003, 01:43 PM

damn at least i waited like a few months before getting into an accident with my 1st car :p

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 01:44 PM
Wow, ouch, sorry man.

danoonez
11-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Sucks man. Dont worry about it though, it'll get taken care of. And learn your lesson from this and dont drive like that anymore. Just dont let it eat you up (like i did with the recent break in)

Brettnyt
11-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Ouch! How much air do you think you got? I got air once... about a foot or so in a church parking lot...

Zero Three Si
11-25-2003, 01:57 PM
PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pedzola
11-25-2003, 02:59 PM
Update:

- Tow truck towed it to garage.
- I went there and changed the busted up wheel, was able to drive it home.
- Dad is currently calling insurance company.

- Not sure what comes next... call auto body shops to get estimates I guess.

- A friend of mine once said he destroyed his bumper and instead of getting it fixed w/factory bumper he got aftermarket bumper. Is this something insurance will do? Is this practical? My front bumper definitely needs replacing, its destroyed. Not sure about rear but probably.

All 4 quarter panels are dented/scratched up but not horribly. Might not need replacing - just work.

It's dark now I'll take pictures in the morning.

I feel stupid.

EricP3
11-25-2003, 03:05 PM
i didnt know ep's were good flyers. sucks dude. it only takes one time for things to go bad. hope everything works out for you, and you get some sweet bumpers :p.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 03:15 PM
I'd say I was 3-5 feet off the ground. Apparently they are not good flyers, although I've done this before with no problem in both this car and my '97 DX hatch, although admittedly I was going a little faster this time.

Is it possible to get aftermarket bumpers in situation like this?

Anybody have any recommendations? I don't know if I'll have time to research this a lot. Not sure how much stock bumpers cost, would have to be same price or less than that I would think? Are there any in urethane? Thanks everyone for your comments and support.

Spidey
11-25-2003, 03:23 PM
How fast were you going?

You must have been gunnin' it in order to get air
:eek:

pedzola
11-25-2003, 03:30 PM
It's a steep drop-off on the hill. I was going 90 this time. I've taken it before at 80-85 no prob. I'm stupid, ill never do it again, im kicking myself. When my car is repaired my only mods are going to be for show - I am NOT making this thing faster.

JLannoo
11-25-2003, 03:31 PM
[B]..I'd say I was 3-5 feet off the ground. Apparently they are not good flyers, although I've done this before with no problem in both this car .....

Did you buy this car?

ny-quiL
11-25-2003, 03:36 PM
3-5 FEET?
sorry to hear bout your car, but 3-5 FEET seems a tad much, im sure it seems that way in the car but shit...thats high. Think you need to do some math on this one ;)

3-5 FEET in the air would destroy the cars suspension when you landed....just my .02 :rolleyes:

pedzola
11-25-2003, 03:37 PM
Monthly payments. I've only made 1 payment so far, actually. Don't have $18,000 cash. I "own" the car, but its registered in dads name for insurance purposes. My name is on the loan, I make the payments.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by ny-quiL
3-5 FEET in the air would destroy the cars suspension when you landed....just my .02 :rolleyes:

Well hopefully my suspension isn't destroyed. But I did bottom out. And yes I can honestly say my real-life estimate is 3-5 feet, but I can only assume because I was inside the car, not watching outside as it happened. NORMALLY I would say I get 1-2 feet going 75-80. This time going 90+ it seemed to have made a huge difference.

JLannoo
11-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Monthly payments. I've only made 1 payment so far, actually. Don't have $18,000 cash. I "own" the car, but its registered in dads name for insurance purposes. My name is on the loan, I make the payments.

Ok :D I asked because I was shocked someone would treat a car they paid for in that way. I thought maybe it was gift and you didnt give shit.

I know I always see dollar signs when I see a scratch,hit a pot hole by mistake,nail in tire etc. I cant imagine jumping the damn thing LOL You gotta knock that shit off man. Cars are too damn expensive

pedzola
11-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by JLannoo
You gotta knock that shit off man. Cars are too damn expensive

Yes.

phatfreeza
11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
... Its like getting kicked in the nuts + fear.

lol... tht analogy made my day :D
and about your car... sorry to hear about it.. but i guess you learned the hard way... hope it doesn't cost too much to repair!!

aftermarket bumper time!!

danoonez
11-25-2003, 04:06 PM
90 mph! Dang man thats fast. But yeah think of it this way, 3-5 feet, thats like jumping a small person, I'd be willing to say that yeah you might have hit 1-2 feet on this jump, but 5 feet is a bit much. Good luck getting it all taken care of though.

(edited my post b/c I had homework of my own to do, so thought to myself "screw figuring that out":cool: )

Go_EP_Go
11-25-2003, 04:09 PM
sorry to hear about ur car man

so wat did ur dad say wen u told him?

RiceCzechs
11-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey, we all do stupid crap when we're young at least once or twice. As long as you can walk away from it without any long-term life-altering repercussions (getting yelled at by your folks and needing a few grand in bodywork does not qualify), you're getting off lucky. Chalk it up to a learning curve issue, pay for your mistake (financially and otherwise), and above all, learn from it, which, from the sound of it is something you're doing. Congrats at least for coming clean on it with your folks and us EPhatchers... sometimes that isn't the easiest thing in the world to do.

Head up, thumbs up, and keep us informed.

blacksihatch
11-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Yeah we all make mistakes in life and do stupid things in cars. I use to do a lot of drunk driving in my younger years, but was lucky and never got caught and only wrecked once into a ditch when I ran a stop sign and decided to try and do a left turn at 30MPH using the ebrake to help. Lucky no damage so I guess I can't call you an idiot or flame you, all I can say is nice jump and I hate to say it your suspension is probebly fucked, but there is a thing called insurance and they will hook you up for a deductable price adn an increase in your rates for the next three years. Anyway good luck

pedzola
11-25-2003, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words. Going to bring it to a body shop tomorrow. Called insurance and filed a claim and things are going ok so far.

I'm not one to make excuses, I know I was being stupid and its my fault. But nobody got hurt, thank God, so I'll pay the $$ and get on with my life. Lesson learned.

It'll make me all that much more appreciative of the car I guess.

So damage tally looks like:
- F&R bumper
- 1 tail light, on headlight (maybe - just badly scratched)
- all 4 quarter panels need work or replacement
- possible (likely) suspension damage
- possible other underbody damage

No lights are on, no fluids are leaking, car sounds and acts normal when its on and running - except wheel is turned right when car is heading straight!

Going to bring it to the shop tomorrow and ill update. Thanks again everyone. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Vivid-Cruz
11-25-2003, 05:35 PM
lol.. 3-5' .. yah right.. youd be lucky to get 6" off the ground and land it successfully..

civic hatch boi
11-25-2003, 06:05 PM
omg, sorry bro, hope things are ok.

Stoop
11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by RiceCzechs
Hey, we all do stupid crap when we're young at least once or twice.....Chalk it up to a learning curve issue, pay for your mistake (financially and otherwise), and above all, learn from it.....

Excellent advice, very nicely put. The key words are learn from it.

TrippZ
11-25-2003, 06:37 PM
I seriously dont get how no one flames him for this but when I save my friends' asses suddenly I get all the shit.

I dont know what to tell you man. seriusly, i dont.

SIRMcD
11-25-2003, 06:48 PM
I think it was idiotic, you got what you deserved, in the end yer daddy is gonna pay hard for your mistake cause his insurance is gonna skyrocket. Have a nice fuckin day!!

pedzola
11-25-2003, 06:57 PM
It has definitely been a learning experience and will continue to be, I'm sure.

To everyone who doubt's the 3-5 feet issue:

It is very possible I am wrong. The more I think about it, it was probably more like 2ft. But It is a very steep hill. I know I was in the air for a significant enough amount of time for me to feel like it was 3-5 ft initially, but this is probably my adrenaline talking. Maybe it was only a foot or even a few inches. Regardless, I didn't make the landing.

Sorry I didn't set up a video camera, I'm sure we'd all like to see a replay to see just how high and EP can fly. :smilem:

To trippz: Sorry bro. I don't remember your scenario exactly but I'm sure that "Saving your friends' asses" has a bit more bravado and conviction as opposed to my single misguided moment of zen flying over the hill.

513n179
11-25-2003, 06:58 PM
that really sucks that you crashed your car, i guess that's what you get for driving like a dumb ass. i don't feel sorry for you, i feel sorry for the car and your parents.

when and if you get it fixed, drive responsibly. observe traffic laws and shit, it coulda been worse.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SIRMcD
I think it was idiotic, you got what you deserved, in the end yer daddy is gonna pay hard for your mistake cause his insurance is gonna skyrocket. Have a nice fuckin day!!

I pay for my share of the insurance. I'm 21. I just happen to live home still, so being on parents insurance was the cheapest option. But thanks for your support. :p

DarkHatch
11-25-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm stupid [/B]

At least you're saying it so no one else has to.

chubbychu
11-25-2003, 07:48 PM
at least you didnt total your car AND another persons car...that feeling sucks more.

just learn from it, i got in my accident a couple months after i got my liscnece it was really defeating for me. but just accept it and move on. good thing everything will be fixable.

eurosteez
11-25-2003, 08:00 PM
I had a close call last night on an onramp. Stupid bumpsteer at 105mph. So I feel ya dude. If its not to late, don't even claim it to the insurance since noone else was involved. wait the cops found out, nevermind.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 08:20 PM
My bro says to contest the ticket. He says they have no proof I was speeding so they will almost definitely throw it out. In other words, the cops didn't see the car til after the accident.

I am suspicious. I would feel bad since I actually was speeding, but realistically I guess they don't have any proof. Seems like cheating to me, but bro insists it'll save me a ton of $$ in the long run. *shrug*

Another thing I forgot to mention is that when I was talking to one of the firemen that showed up (he was bein real cool and helpin me out w/what I gotta do and stuff) he was like, "so what year is your volkswagon?"

hmmmmmmm....

Anybody got votes on body kit? I'm going to see if this is doable. Thanks.

icegrill
11-25-2003, 08:53 PM
congratulations! Glad to hear you called the insurance company. Conversation: Dad: "my dumbass son caught air in his car and broke some stuff" Insurance agent: "great that's one more mark for the civic si, it's now in the category of porsches and ferraris. Dad: "doh":mad:

pedzola
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
Yeah sorry guys, I never thought I'd be writing one of these "I destroyed my car" threads. I've never had any kind of accident in my life, and now I mess up my brand new EP. I would send you all $5 to cover the impact my specific accident will have on your insurance premiums, but I'm already giving the Insurance company $500 to help defray the cost to you all a little bit.

Another note:

One of my rims is definitely damaged and the other 3 are all scratched up. I'm wondering if I could get a whole new set of rims/tires out of this deal. :eek: New rims, body kit, maybe this won't be so bad after all?

Are there any urethane bumpers out there?

SIRMcD
11-25-2003, 09:14 PM
Definately fight the ticket, they have zero proof. If you get convicted the insurance company will break out the Big black cock and you'll feel like you spent the night in prison.

raiyo
11-25-2003, 09:56 PM
sorry to hear that man, but 90 off a hill? ouch! i so agree with u when u get your car fixed, only make it for show. making it fast is a bad idea. i added an intake to my car today and shit happen. link below

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=282319#post282319

yellerep3
11-25-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by SIRMcD
Definately fight the ticket, they have zero proof. If you get convicted the insurance company will break out the Big black cock and you'll feel like you spent the night in prison.

this analogy is a bit unappropiate, and leave s a bad pic in my head

BluePearl03Si
11-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Keep your car on the road and leave launching into the air off hills at 90 MPH to World Rally Championshop professionals.

Sorry to hear about the crash but please drive more carefully man, fast is one thing, but do it in control. You could kill yourself and others, wreck your new EP, raise your insurance and....

Raise OUR insurance! :mad:

Seriously man, quit the dukes of hazzard shit.

pedzola
11-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Seriously man, quit the dukes of hazzard shit.

Never really thought of it that way. Obviously this whole experience has taught me to be a little more cautious.

If I weren't me, reading this thread, I'd probably be like wtf is the kid thinking launching over a hill at 90mph?

Damn im gonna drive the speed limit for the rest of my life. :confused: Sorry guys. :'(

rs_1101
11-25-2003, 11:25 PM
bumper sticker i saw today
"i dont drive fast, i fly low"

you need one of these :D :D

lol.. hope ur alright, and if ur dads gonna yell at u, i wouldnt mention aftermarket bumpers right away!!

pedzola
11-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
and if ur dads gonna yell at u, i wouldnt mention aftermarket bumpers right away!!

I mentioned it when I was having a sort of family conversation after dinner. My bro was like yeah they would do that no problem. And my dad was like you should just get it repaired to how it was because the body shop will screw you over otherwise.

He was cool about it though, he's like, you know, thats your decision, but I would go w/OEM parts.

bobdobbs
11-25-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
I seriously dont get how no one flames him for this but when I save my friends' asses suddenly I get all the shit.
I think the difference is pedzola realizes he was stupid and you didn't. And we were only giving you shit because we care. ;) :*

02NITEHAWKSi EP
11-26-2003, 02:22 PM
I got air once in my old Ford Taurus.. Just like Road Trip. He he he. I want to get air theres a big incline by the airport where its easy to get air. I am just scared for the money and hurting my poor EP. HA HA HA. I just remembered my dad got air in a full size van at that spot. He just moved here and did not know about that drop off. He took it doing about 70 mph. HE HE HE.

danoonez
11-26-2003, 03:35 PM
"i dont drive fast, i fly low"

Haha, thats awesome. I def. gotta get me one of those, but I drive slow:p

pedzola
11-26-2003, 04:45 PM
Here are the pictures. It was very cold this morning when I took them so the car was frosted over so don't confuse frost with extra damage:

http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/crash/

Talked to the dude at the body shop today. He said aftermarket parts are no problem for him or insurance company if they are same price or cheaper than OEM. (insurance will pay for OEM, obviously).

The insurance dude is supposed to check out the car like monday or tuesday then the shop will call me back when they've gone over it and decided the work that needs to be done. At that point I can go and make choices for aftermarket parts if they fit in the price range.

So are there any aftermarket front and/or rear bumpers that look good and are same price or less than OEM? I don't know how much OEM costs, I did a quick search and found $200... if thats the case then seems like aftermarket is a lost cause. *shrug* How about price on OEM wheels?

Thanks again guys.

Stoop
11-26-2003, 04:53 PM
:eek:

Wow, you sure fugged it up good. Best of luck with getting it fixed. I hope all goes well for you.

Retail price for new front and rear OEM bumpers from a Honda dealer is $435.35. And those are not painted so you got to figure the materials and labor into that also. Maybe aftermarket isn't out of the question afterall.......;)

blacksihatch
11-26-2003, 04:58 PM
What part of the car hit the guard rails, having a hard time putting the accident and the damage together

pedzola
11-26-2003, 05:14 PM
StoopSi: thanks, that gives me a little hope. Still can't find any bumpers though, they are all fiberglass in that price range except for the tsunami one. I like the front bumper but rear looks like ass.

blacksihatch: When the car landed it lurched to the right, I obviously spun the wheel to the left to compensate and I believe the rear right side smacked the guard rail as I started skidding to the other side of the road, then I hit front left and left rear on that side and came back and drove up a dirt hill on the right side again (guard rail ended). Although it all happened so fast I can't remember exactly, but it was something like that.

Zero Three Si
11-26-2003, 05:54 PM
YOU TRASHED THAT CAR!!!! In response to your comment about "I'm always driving the speed limit", you'll drive the speed limit for about a week and then be right back to your same ol' schnanigins!! You won't learn your lesson and you'll end up dead or killing somebody else. HOW'S THAT FOR FLAMMING YOU???????????

I'm just messing with you man....glad you learned your lesson and you're ok. The car can be fixed, most body parts can't.

SilentGiant
11-26-2003, 05:56 PM
damn dood...

glad to hear your ok...

I know the EP has a rally inspired shifter...but man..lol...have to call you Carlos Sainz from now on.

I can't believe you got that much air hehe... I hit a crest of a large hill on my Sportbike going 110 mph and got a big wheelie in 5th gear, I never got air...that must be some hill...

fix yer car..hope this gives ya a little common sense next time..lol....

word...booty
11-26-2003, 11:56 PM
I don't know how insurance works in the states, but in Canada it goes like this...

I got my stereo jacked last summer (including a smashed window, scratched panels, etc.), so I decided to claim it through insurance.

I had quotes (by my Honda dealership and audio shop) done to replace everything that was stolen/damaged.

The insurance company then gave me two options...

1. They could have the shops that quoted me fix everything and then the shops would bill the insurance company.

2. They could give me the total amount it cost to replace everything and then I could do whatever I liked with the money.

I took option 2, totally revamped my stereo with better stuff (bought used) and bought brand new 17" wheels and tires with the rest.

If you can, take option 2 and get aftermarket stuff that will probably cost less than what it'll cost to get OEM.

Brettnyt
11-27-2003, 12:26 AM
ouch! front bumper didnt hold up too well on re-entry!

pedzola
11-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
ouch! front bumper didnt hold up too well on re-entry!

Re-entry... :D

As for taking option #2... not sure if I want to do that. I still need to get the car fixed, and I think a majority of the work that will need to be done will be labor and not parts. I already talked with the body shop guy and he said I could replace anything I want with aftermarket parts if they come in at the same price or less than the OEM stuff.

So I guess I am waiting to see what the prices they are getting these OEM parts are going to be exactly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to do something cool to my car on the insurance companies tab, or else this whole situation will be simply a lost $500 and a few weeks w/o my car.

(yes, and a wonderful learning experience.)

I'm surprised nobody has made any comments about the quote under my name on the left of my posts - its been there for at least a couple weeks or more. haha

rs_1101
11-27-2003, 12:50 AM
when u consider that honda is a company that charges 200$ for a b pipe section that i got done for 55$ i think youll have no trouble replacing. hell you could prolly get a mugen aero kit for less than the honda stuff will cost you.

SIxtasy
11-27-2003, 02:42 AM
Sorry about his man but .............. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. It's shitheads like you that are fucking over he rest of us. Funny how everybody on here is happy that your insurence is taking care of this, but they are quick to piss and moan that OUR insurence rates are going up. Its because of stupid fucks like you that do shit they can't handle, and total out the car. Maybe you should spend time learning ACTUAL DRIVING SKILL???? The EP3 is a special car - few and far between - be happy that you have something special.....and treat it that way.

But Shit like this is REALLY Turning me away from this car:mad:

- jeffrey

graham
11-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident ... but man, you are lucky to be alive ... all it would have taken is a pole/tree in the wrong spot on the side of the road. Anyone who saw that vid of the kid in the ITR getting air on a backroad knows what I mean. Doing about 90, he got 1' air, landed, lost control and plowed into a pole, killing himself on impact ... right in front of his girlfriend.

If you are into speed, seriously consider keeping your road racing within the confines of your local track.

pedzola
11-27-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the "you're so stupid" and "hope you learned your lesson" posts, etc. I think I realize what I did was dumb and that im lucky it wasn't worse than it was. Also im sorry for giving my fellow EPer's a bad name and raising all your rates.

I would like to point out that
1) Nothing internal was damaged, the car is far from totalled.
2) This is what insurance is for (more or less).
3) I'm a dumbass and I said it from the start, I KNOW I was being stupid and ill be kicking myself for that for a long time.

- Right now I just need all of your opinions on the whole repair process. Anybody with bumper suggestions... that would be great.

If my shop can get a honda bumper for $200 then I am probably out of luck for being able to replace it w/aftermarket. On the other hand if they get screwed by wherever they get parts from and are charged around $400, then maybe I can get something.

I need to be prepared when I find out the prices to make these decisions, and right now I don't know what I am going to do.

I am nervous about a fiberglass bumper breaking (should I be?), but the only urethane bumper out there seems to be the Tsunami. Doesn't look bad, but the rear looks real stupid. Also, its not one of the cheaper ones for sure.

I would appreciate some peoples opinions on this. Does anybody have aftermarket bumpers? Recommendations?

Thanks a lot everyone...

SIxtasy
11-27-2003, 11:55 AM
WOW:eek: I wish you nothing but luck man getting ur ride fixed. I can see after a response like that ..... you learned a BIG lesson. Can't showstoppers or something hook u up. I mean I just got a whole BC3 Kit off EBAY for $400 shipped. Oh well, Go eat some turkey fool. Laterz

- Jeffrey

digitldlnkwnt
11-27-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RiceCzechs
Hey, we all do stupid crap when we're young at least once or twice. As long as you can walk away from it without any long-term life-altering repercussions (getting yelled at by your folks and needing a few grand in bodywork does not qualify), you're getting off lucky. Chalk it up to a learning curve issue, pay for your mistake (financially and otherwise), and above all, learn from it, which, from the sound of it is something you're doing. Congrats at least for coming clean on it with your folks and us EPhatchers... sometimes that isn't the easiest thing in the world to do.

Head up, thumbs up, and keep us informed.

i think he said it best..
I know what its like to bounce your car off of stationary things like Jersey barriers on the LIE in queens right under the over pass going west right where the VanWyck crosses. I did a wall ride and left a HUGE black streak on the wall thas still there.
Everytime i pass it i remeber to slow down...right at that part of the road at least.

Mugen Power
11-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by graham
Sorry to hear about your accident ... but man, you are lucky to be alive ... all it would have taken is a pole/tree in the wrong spot on the side of the road. Anyone who saw that vid of the kid in the ITR getting air on a backroad knows what I mean. Doing about 90, he got 1' air, landed, lost control and plowed into a pole, killing himself on impact ... right in front of his girlfriend.

If you are into speed, seriously consider keeping your road racing within the confines of your local track.

Word, I thought I was the only one who saw that old video... I know of this backroad with a huge bump for railroad tracks that I'm always tempted to try out but seeing a video like that makes you think... Besides, even if I didn't see that video, I don't wanna risk any unseen damage or wear and tear on the car for that 2 second rush of being airborn.

pedzola
11-27-2003, 01:28 PM
I have also seen the video of the ITR.

SIxtasy: did you receive your BC3 kit yet? If so, could you tell me a bit about where you got it from and the quality, etc? Thanks.

Maybe I will end up getting buddy club if the numbers work out. It looks like one of the only decent options for kits for our car. I am nervous about fiberglass breaking though, or just hitting the ground in general. I live in a very hilly area where I drive on a lot of rough backroads. My driveway also is very steep... But if I can clear speedbumps with the kit I probably wouldn't have a problem otherwise... anybody know?

Stock height for now but eventually I will get Mugen suspension which is about 1.5" drop.

yellerep3
11-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I have also seen the video of the ITR.

SIxtasy: did you receive your BC3 kit yet? If so, could you tell me a bit about where you got it from and the quality, etc? Thanks.

Maybe I will end up getting buddy club if the numbers work out. It looks like one of the only decent options for kits for our car. I am nervous about fiberglass breaking though, or just hitting the ground in general. I live in a very hilly area where I drive on a lot of rough backroads. My driveway also is very steep... But if I can clear speedbumps with the kit I probably wouldn't have a problem otherwise... anybody know?

Stock height for now but eventually I will get Mugen suspension which is about 1.5" drop.

Well your best bet if you get he buddyclub is to get 18's so you can clear everything. Then i think you would be fine, even if the numbers dont work out i think this would be the best time for you to hook it up, while its getting worked on. Trust me, you might as well have all this down time and turn a bad thing into a good thing, then when its back in action you'll be that much more happier.

eurosteez
11-27-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SIxtasy
Sorry about his man but .............. YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. It's shitheads like you that are fucking over he rest of us. Funny how everybody on here is happy that your insurence is taking care of this, but they are quick to piss and moan that OUR insurence rates are going up. Its because of stupid fucks like you that do shit they can't handle, and total out the car. Maybe you should spend time learning ACTUAL DRIVING SKILL???? The EP3 is a special car - few and far between - be happy that you have something special.....and treat it that way.

But Shit like this is REALLY Turning me away from this car:mad:

- jeffrey
good rant

pedzola
11-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by yellerep3
Well your best bet if you get he buddyclub is to get 18's so you can clear everything.

I don't think changing the rim size will change the ground clearance, because the tires are smaller to compensate for the difference in diameter of the rim. Correct me if im wrong here...

We'll see what the insurance adjuster says next week and take it from there I guess... I'm keepin my fingers crossed that the OEM parts are expensive for the shop to get so I have a little more to work with. ;)

I'd really rather not get a fiberglass kit. =( The tsunami seems to be the only urethane bumper out there. Dunno... we'll see...

Get this... I was driving my sisters car tonight (my old '97 dx hatch) and the muffler fell off on the way to my friends house. (rusted off) I've been havin shitty luck with cars lately.

yellerep3
11-28-2003, 04:31 PM
I don't think changing the rim size will change the ground clearance, because the tires are smaller to compensate for the difference in diameter of the rim. Correct me if im wrong here...

We'll see what the insurance adjuster says next week and take it from there I guess... I'm keepin my fingers crossed that the OEM parts are expensive for the shop to get so I have a little more to work with. ;)

I'd really rather not get a fiberglass kit. =( The tsunami seems to be the only urethane bumper out there. Dunno... we'll see...

Get this... I was driving my sisters car tonight (my old '97 dx hatch) and the muffler fell off on the way to my friends house. (rusted off) I've been havin shitty luck with cars lately.
i been there, continious back luck, trust me i know how ya feel im on honda number 12 but i think 18s would make a bigg difference, it did on my 92 prelude when i had a blak widow kit. Hate that kit now but it helped me

Stoop
11-28-2003, 09:33 PM

Checking Honda's inventory on my computer at work, OEM front bumpers appear to be on Backorder until mid-December. This could be good news or bad news.
Bad News - If the body shop fixing your car goes with OEM parts, you may be waiting longer for your car while they try to get the parts.
Good News - If the body shop cannot get the parts in an adequate amount of time, the insurance company might pay out more for the aftermarket bumpers you want......just a thought. I don't work in insurance so I cannot say if that's how it works or not. I work for a Honda dealer.....:D

Hope this info is helpful.

estebones
11-28-2003, 09:41 PM
sorry about your car but if I was your dad, you'd get a serious bitch slappin' and I would make you roll around with that busted ass car until you got the $$ to fix it yourself.

but really though i really am sorry about your car and hope you get it fixed soon!

-este

Si Death
11-29-2003, 08:43 PM
haha

go buddy club, if not that plz plz plz do not go tsunami bumpers. never ever do that.

boostedep3
11-30-2003, 03:51 PM
O my.. SOrry to hear about the loss. But yea fix it up with the poison kit or buddy club! =)

pedzola
11-30-2003, 06:56 PM
I'm worried about buddy club hitting the ground. It looks awefully low, my car is stock height now but eventually it will be lowered...
I live in a hilly area. I go over a lot of speedbumps... anybody have any input on this? Thanks.

Poison rear bumper looks like ass. The whole kit looks retarded except for the front bumper itself, imho.

anybody have a buddy club and could give me experience w/hills and bumps and things? Thanks.

pedzola
12-02-2003, 07:38 AM
Update:

So this morning my dad goes into work and gets a message left on his voicemail from last wednesday afternoon. (He got out early wednesday and took yesterday off.) It's the insurance agent saying, you should call to arrange for an adjuster to go look at the car wherever you dropped it off.

So Dad calls and tells me this and I'm thinkin, the guy at the shop said he would do it so the insurance person prolly called dad before she got a call from the shop - otherwise they would have tried calling us at home since its a long holiday weekend.

Well guess what? The guy at the shop never called,a nd the insurance company never thought to call us at home. So here I am expecting to get a call from the shop yesterday or today with a full estimate so we can go over details,a nd now its going to be another 1-3 days before the adjuster even goes to look at it! :yellm:

WTF? The dude at the shop said, "I'll call the insurance agent today to arrange for an adjuster to come look at it, and they'll probbaly come monday or tuesday." HE NEVER CALLED. IT'S TUESDAY. I hate people who don't do what they say they're going to do, and now its been a whole week and nothing has moved forward at all.

Needless to say im a little pissed off. Am I going to have to jump down this guys back at the shop to do every tiny little thing? I hope things don't keep up this way. :sadm:

pedzola
12-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Ok guys. Heres an update for anyone who cares:

Shop finally got around to doing the quote. Went to visit today and heres whats up... $10,000 of damage. You all saw the pictures (http://webpages.charter.net/pedzola/car/crash/), doesn't look that bad right? I was pretty surprised. $5500 in parts and $4500 in labor.

Good news: Stock rims cost $220 each, and 3 of them are destroyed. Stock tires cost $180 each and 1 is destroyed. Thats about $840 I've got to blow on new rims/tires. Thinkin 16" Rota C10's in sports bronze w/conti-extreme contacts. Also like rota grids in gunmetal w/polished lip. What do you all think?

Going to get JDM headlights also if I read right. $300 for each OEM "headlight assembly" and only $400 for a PAIR of JDM headlights? Have to double check w/showstoppers if that was for just 1 headlight or for both.

So damn... they're gonna order up the parts and maybe my car will be fixed in 2-3 weeks... hopefully ill have it back by x-mas. :sadm:

bratkat64
12-04-2003, 08:59 PM
DAMN

Mugen Power
12-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Heh, you're gonna blind oncoming traffic with those lights... :confused:

pedzola
12-04-2003, 10:22 PM
hmm? what do you mean? They are same bulbs and stuff as OEM lights aren't they?

Mugen Power
12-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Yeah, but they're aimed towards the left so they don't blind THEIR side oncoming traffic, since they drive on the other side of the road there.