PDA

View Full Version : Which springs?

archer2332
06-12-2002, 07:45 PM
Ok, I have enough money and I want to drop my car so bad, I just wanted to know if any of guys that have dropped your si's already have any recomendations on which springs to get and how you like your ride. Thanks

kangoljas
06-12-2002, 10:32 PM
I have ground control coilovers on my current car. I plan on getting with the SI. I love it I have adjustable koni's and Coilovers its ultimate flexibility. For winter I raise the car up to stock hieght and throw on my stock rims and blizzack snow tires. For summer I have a set of 16" rims and 45 series tires and I take it down about 2" to the top just enough so it doesn't rub when I turn. I think it gives you the best of both worlds. The ride is good on the GC's the only thing I would recommend is a good set of adjustable struts.

JM2cents

Jason

Idonthaveahatch
06-13-2002, 08:37 AM
H&Rs look really good on the 2k2 Si's. about a 2 inch drop.

archer2332
06-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Yeah I think I am going to go with the ground control b/c I've heard alot of good things about them. Everyone that I've talked to thats had them has good things to say about them, thanks for your help

miamijdm
06-15-2002, 12:17 PM
i've got h&r's on mine...:)

xlr8
06-15-2002, 03:02 PM
me too, love the H&Rs

02TafWhtSi
06-15-2002, 05:32 PM
Let me ask you guys a a question:
Did any of you have any reservations about dropping your new Si? I mean were you nervous at all about altering the suspension on a brand new car? I am all for performance and the best handling possible but these things just came out and already we are altering the suspension configurations...In the long run I want my baby to be in tip-top shape and I'm a little uneasy about modifying something as important as the suspension. Comments?

xlr8
06-15-2002, 05:39 PM
i not worried when i use very high quality parts, such as h&r or eibach. i am uncomfortable with coilover sleeves, because ive had ground controls and the springs somehow rubbed on the sleeve and messed up the threads. i dont know how or why, but i just dont like sleeves if i buy coilovers from now on they will be true coilovers. also i called my dealership and they said it wouldnt void my warrenty so i went for it

CleanBlackSi02
06-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
i not worried when i use very high quality parts, such as h&r or eibach. i am uncomfortable with coilover sleeves, because ive had ground controls and the springs somehow rubbed on the sleeve and messed up the threads. i dont know how or why, but i just dont like sleeves if i buy coilovers from now on they will be true coilovers. also i called my dealership and they said it wouldnt void my warrenty so i went for it

The dealership said that springs wouldn't void the warrantee? On which parts? All of the suspension? I always thought that if you have anything other than OEM springs/shocks, etc. that the whole assembly is void.

xlr8
06-16-2002, 08:00 AM
they said it would not void the warranty on anything as long as they were installed by a good shop and a 4 wheel alignment was done

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 01:15 PM
they said it would not void the warranty on anything as long as they were installed by a good shop and a 4 wheel alignment was done

Hopefully they're not pulling your chain.... I'll have to ask my dealer about that.

xlr8
06-16-2002, 01:38 PM
i think they were being honest, because when i asked he said they lower cars all the time. i also asked if they had to do it, and he said no as long as they were professionally installed abd i got an alignment it was cool. you should ask the service manager at your dealership first. some dealers insist that they must do the install to not void the warranty

2002HatchSi
06-16-2002, 03:33 PM
I have Ground Control coilovers... and im not gonna lie the car looks great dropped 3.5 and i dont have any problems rubbing and anything... i mean the camber is a little wacked but that is it.... but in New Orleans the roads are horrible so its a rough ride for me..... Im origionally from New Jersey and my si would ride soooooo nice up there..... any way i would recomend the coil overs but if u want a nicer ride stick with eibach..... springs, and struts.... and yes Ground Control is eibach but with the adjustables.. its very very hard to get your car to sit level all around....

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by 2002HatchSi
I have Ground Control coilovers... and im not gonna lie the car looks great dropped 3.5 and i dont have any problems rubbing and anything... i mean the camber is a little wacked but that is it.... but in New Orleans the roads are horrible so its a rough ride for me..... Im origionally from New Jersey and my si would ride soooooo nice up there..... any way i would recomend the coil overs but if u want a nicer ride stick with eibach..... springs, and struts.... and yes Ground Control is eibach but with the adjustables.. its very very hard to get your car to sit level all around....

It's hard to get it to sit level? Did you do the adjustment on the ground? I think it'd probably be easier to get it just right on a rack....especially when it's slammed 3.5". It looks badass though!

2k2civicSi
06-18-2002, 06:54 PM
i guess what i dont understand how it can not void your warrenty if all springs do it wear your tires and break your shocks or are you saying that it voids the shock warrenty but not all the struts and what not

2002HatchSi
06-18-2002, 07:09 PM
yes its very hard to get it to sit level.... it takes alot of patience.... and believe me i lack patience....but i finally got it level and its a great drop 3.5 is really low and (knock on wood) i have no problems turning and no problems bottoming out... and let me tell ya the roads in New Orleans are very bad.....

xlr8
06-18-2002, 07:25 PM
i dont know why they dont void the warranty, but if you dont believe it call your dealer. a minor drop like the h&r springs is not going to blow shocks, so i dont understand your problem with this

02TafWhtSi
06-18-2002, 07:55 PM
I called up my dealer today and asked about installation of non-Honda parts. They said
"We will cover the labor portion (installation of the product) but any complications it creates with existing Honda spec parts will NOT be covered under your original warranty." For example, they will cover the install of my springs ut if my shocks blow out the next day they are not covered under my 3 yr/
36k mile warranty! Thats messed up!

CleanBlackSi02
06-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 02TafWhtSi
I called up my dealer today and asked about installation of non-Honda parts. They said
"We will cover the labor portion (installation of the product) but any complications it creates with existing Honda spec parts will NOT be covered under your original warranty." For example, they will cover the install of my springs ut if my shocks blow out the next day they are not covered under my 3 yr/
36k mile warranty! Thats messed up!

....and yet so believable

xlr8
06-19-2002, 04:18 PM
and thats why you call YOUR dealer prior to mads, to see their standings on each mod

CleanBlackSi02
06-19-2002, 06:51 PM
and thats why you call YOUR dealer prior to mads, to see their standings on each mod

....and get it in writing!

xlr8
06-19-2002, 08:06 PM
i guess im just lucky all the guys at my dealership said they want to see all the crap i said i was going to do. and they are all racers, most of them dont race hondas, but we cant all be perfect