PDA

View Full Version : Springs and Camber kit....HELP

BLONDEHONDA18
11-26-2003, 08:38 AM
I have a 2002 civic SI hatch. I have 17" rims...205/40/17. Reading through this forum, i have got the impression that lowering my car 2 inches will make it too low. I am thinking about getting the Tein S-Techs but I am not too sure yet. I am stuck and dont really know what to do. I cant spend a fortune but I want it done right. Also I need some info on a camber kit. The best kind for the cheapest amount of money. And also....do the Tein S-Techs lower it about 2 inches??? and is that the best way to go?? Thanks...Jessika

greenguy
11-26-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello,
Well in your statement you said "I want to do it right". well if this is true then you want to look at getting a spring that is matched with a shock (strut), otherwise it will only be a matter of time before your stock shocks will blow. I would say getting a coil-over system would be good. Tien basic will run you around $900.00 and you'll be worry free.
Camber kits. well a rear is very neccisary. That will cost you about $115. The fronts, depending on the coilover you get will probally have some adjustment built in, and that will be satisfactory.
Another thing to look at is myself and a few others are having problems with our upper bearings (Honda stock part that is re-used) going bad. You said you have a 2002, so you probally have the plastic bearing:p. I will be replacing mine with an aftermarket piece that replaces the whole pillow ball mount assy. and will aliminate all future problems. This of course will cost $$.
Well if you read this far, my suggestion would be to get a coilover set of your choice ( Tien, KWv2, Mugen etc..) and get KW's bearing replacement, and rear camber kit. Thats the right way;)
good luck:)

BLONDEHONDA18
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Thanks Greenguy. It really sucks b/c I was thinking all I was gonna have to do was get springs and a camber kit. UH! Thanks though forreal!!