PDA

View Full Version : interior console down lighting like in european cars. done before?

ImolaS54
11-26-2003, 09:45 AM
i am wondering if anyone has done a mod to add some interior mood lighting like in bmw/audi/porsche.... there is usually a light near the sunroof switch that will illuminate the dash area giving it a very "moody" look. I would love to do this to the si as the shifter area is just pitch black...

do they sell a kit for this anywhere? what kind of bulb would this be?

Thanks!

Tetsuo

sniperSI
11-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Not sure but i do love how in bmw's like the 5 and 7 series they have those low orange lights on the inside that light the entire car up. I've been wondering about doing that , maybe low glowing red.

phatsi
11-26-2003, 12:29 PM
those mood lights in bmw's are awesome...........i was at advanced auto parts a few weeks ago and they have different colored mini led spot lights for very cheap.........you would have hide them a bit but even shinning on the floor area would look nice...........autozone might have them also.....;)

RiceCzechs
11-26-2003, 01:08 PM
I've actually been wanting to install a set of Range Rover LED-style interior overhead lights. I had one for about 10 days last summer, and the lighting was simply awesome... rather hard to explain, but incredibly pure white with a slight bluish tinge, there were a couple of them always on over the back seat passengers at night, though you'd never be distracted by it. It was enough to read a map by in a pinch, or find that piece of gum you dropped on the floor, etc. but more just background lighting... not a traditional map or book light. It'd be nice to have one like that for the passenger footwell, and maybe the center console.

oogy-boogy
11-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Hmmm.....Well, I have something similar to this. I replaced all of my stock interior with red LED's (including the center console, gage cluster and all illuminated buttons). I also did some high lighting. My EP is pretty much going to be at Honda getting some major repairs for the next 2-3 weeks. I will post pics as soon as I get her back...:(