PDA

View Full Version : Got my JRSC in the mail yesterday

Champ Masters
11-26-2003, 10:23 AM
The kit looks awesome! I don't have access to a digicam right now, so sorry for not posting pics:(

I should be able to start installing it this weekend. The problem is, I have holiday stuff with my family and my girlfriend's family, so things are going to be busy. I'm crossing my fingers for a Sunday install. The wait is killing me!!

Anyway, my friend that's helping me install has a digicam so there will be lots of pics.

bobdobbs
11-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Congrats! Can you list what the kit came with?

Driftin SI
11-26-2003, 10:40 AM
sweet, can't wait till its installed and you give us a review.

Champ Masters
11-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks!

I'm at work right now so I don't have the kit in front of me, but here's what I can remember off-hand:

supercharger assembly
all necessary mounting hardware
all necessary tubing and clamps
jackson racing powercard module (connects to your existing ECU)
instructions and warranty card
jackson racing license plate frame
2 jackson racing badges that say "jackson racing supercharged"

ummm, that's all I can recall for now.

Along with my order I also got autometer boost and a/f ratio gauges. The gauges are made for jackson racing by autometer so the gauges have a jackson racing logo on them. Kinda cool.

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Champ Masters
Thanks!

I'm at work right now so I don't have the kit in front of me, but here's what I can remember off-hand:

supercharger assembly
all necessary mounting hardware
all necessary tubing and clamps
jackson racing powercard module (connects to your existing ECU)
instructions and warranty card
jackson racing license plate frame
2 jackson racing badges that say "jackson racing supercharged"

ummm, that's all I can recall for now.

Along with my order I also got autometer boost and a/f ratio gauges. The gauges are made for jackson racing by autometer so the gauges have a jackson racing logo on them. Kinda cool.
where did you order yours from again, and for how much? for the jrsc and the gauges included with shipping?
And I can't wait to see how it works out for you :)

Lucid Moments
11-26-2003, 10:50 AM
I hate you, I truly do.:rolleyes:

I want that so bad I can taste it but won't be able to put the money together until sometime next year.

Let us know how it runs once you get it on.

Champ Masters
11-26-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys!:D

I got the supercharger and gauges through Moss Motorsports. I never talked to the people at Moss, I did business through Oscar at Jackson Racing and he in turn placed the order through Moss. Great guy, I highly recommend going through him if anyone else is going the supercharger route.

The total amount for the supercharger, tax, gauges and overnight shipping was $3200 and some change. I think NOPI has the system for cheaper, but I'm very happy with the way Oscar and Jackson Racing treated me.

If anyone has any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

02SilverSiHB
11-26-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys!:D

I got the supercharger and gauges through Moss Motorsports. I never talked to the people at Moss, I did business through Oscar at Jackson Racing and he in turn placed the order through Moss. Great guy, I highly recommend going through him if anyone else is going the supercharger route.

The total amount for the supercharger, tax, gauges and overnight shipping was $3200 and some change. I think NOPI has the system for cheaper, but I'm very happy with the way Oscar and Jackson Racing treated me.

If anyone has any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
just can't wait to see install pics and see what you think of the performance. :)

HondaMan
11-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
I hate you, I truly do.:rolleyes:

I want that so bad I can taste it but won't be able to put the money together until sometime next year.

Let us know how it runs once you get it on.

I'm sure you will have the funds to get it before me, so I'll be more than happy to help you install it (if you plan to do it yourself).

$3200 or less isn't a bad price IMO...more affordable than a turbo I think (don't flame me and say the turbo produces more HP...etc.).

Can't wait to see and hear more!

bobdobbs
11-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Here's dyno chart for our car from Jackson's site. Anybody know if the following is just with the addition of the SC, or includes header/exhaust?

http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/details/detailjr/images/03%20Civic%20SI%20Street%20SC%20.gif

Lucid Moments
11-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Here's dyno chart for our car from Jackson's site. Anybody know if the following is just with the addition of the SC, or includes header/exhaust?

If I remember things right the street version was dyno'd with just the SC and the race version dyno'd with i/h/e.

If you in this thread Little Oscar talks about it.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17892

ep pilot
11-26-2003, 01:33 PM
How do I say "I'm Jealous" I expect a full complete report my friend.

-Ryan

MolonLabe
11-26-2003, 01:54 PM
DROOL...

Looking at that dyno makes me dizzy. Look at that FLAT torque curve! Better start saving for tires buddy!

DownTheHatch
11-26-2003, 02:24 PM
Cant wait to see pics bro!

Tenacious G
11-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
If I remember things right the street version was dyno'd with just the SC and the race version dyno'd with i/h/e.

that's the way i understood it. their baseline dyno was on the low side (125 whp) ... but it looks like the SC by itself puts down some nice numbers.

congrats on the purchase. let us know what you think after the install. will you eventually upgrade to the race version?

Champ Masters
11-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Tenacious G, no I don't think I will upgrade to the Race version, because it is not CARB legal:( CARB legality is one reason why I went with the supercharger instead of a turbo. It sucks, we don't get to have any fun in Cali:'( :'(

Loudpedal
11-26-2003, 08:19 PM
Sweet purchase. Don't forget to take a couple of time checks during the install. I want to know if it's a self install or better done by a shop.

chet
11-26-2003, 08:28 PM
I tried so hard to hold out for the JRSC, went RevHard instead. I can't wait to hear what you think of it and dyno #'s especially. I am hopefully getting mine on the dyno Friday, if the shop's open:D

Good Luck!!

Tenacious G
11-26-2003, 09:17 PM
Tenacious G, no I don't think I will upgrade to the Race version, because it is not CARB legal:( CARB legality is one reason why I went with the supercharger instead of a turbo. It sucks, we don't get to have any fun in Cali:'( :'(

correct me if i'm wrong, but the reason the initial version of the Race SC didn't meet CARB regulations is because JR used their race header in the setup. perhaps you'll be able to upgrade to the larger injectors and Hondata ECU flash at a later date ... if you wanted.

ep pilot
11-26-2003, 10:54 PM
I would actually be interested, but J/R website only shows an avail for the RSX-S but no Ep3? If I get it, I will be leaving my car all stock on the outside, for the ultimate sleeper.

VividDreams
11-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by MolonLabe
Look at that FLAT torque curve!

thats what im talkin about!! not to start a debate, but youll never get that with a turbo, and also notice the HP curve, nice, smoothe, constant gains.

this is why i always suppert SC's, IMO you cant beat 'em, id give up a few extra HP for that FLAT torque curve!

cant wait to hear about it!!

inline4
11-27-2003, 12:13 PM
Looks like the Powercard module raises the rev limit a little too.

digitldlnkwnt
11-27-2003, 12:24 PM
yea i think it did raise it a touch but more importantly it pulls all the way up. Pretty sweet.
Champ Masters: Did you say that you SC came with a gauge(s)?

NeuroSi
12-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Hope he's not having problems with the install...I can't wait to hear the feedback.

tom3
12-03-2003, 11:17 PM
also eagerly waiting for the feedback :D

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by digitldlnkwnt
yea i think it did raise it a touch but more importantly it pulls all the way up. Pretty sweet.
Champ Masters: Did you say that you SC came with a gauge(s)?
no he ordered those on top of the kit and then asked for overnight shipping, probably why it cost a little more.

mhx
12-04-2003, 11:01 AM
so how is it?!!!

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by mhx
so how is it?!!!
ditto :D I know he was online on the third.

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 02:45 PM
It's installed :D
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25555

ep pilot
12-04-2003, 03:51 PM
So what

1abSi
12-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot

1....How does the car idle, has the idle even changed from stock?

2....Are you running a stock Airbox or Aftermarket intake kit?

3....Do you have the stock exhaust or Aftermarket?

Thanks in advance

-Ryan 1...that is all on the jackson site...even a video...unless under boost which is under wot or something like that...it is exactly like stock....watch the SVTF vid...it is good
2....read the other post...he does have aftermarket
3...see number 2

02SilverSiHB
12-04-2003, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
[B]So what

eurosteez
12-06-2003, 07:39 PM
hows the car doing with its new supercharger now that its been a few days?

02SilverSiHB
12-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
hows the car doing with its new supercharger now that its been a few days?
WOW! look at the post i just made above yours....

I gave a link: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25555