PDA

View Full Version : bumpers?

pedzola
11-26-2003, 06:29 PM
As some of you may know, I am in need of new front and rear bumpers.

What would you all recommend? I personally love the look of the type-R kit but I need to keep the price at or below what OEM bumpers would cost since insurance is paying for it.

I am not sure of these exact prices yet, I will find out from the body shop next week. Somebody said in another thread about $400 for unpainted front bumper.

So what would you recommend... I would like urethane but I don't think there are any urethane bumpers out there except maybe tsunami (front looks ok, rear looks terrible imho). Is there a replica type-R kit that includes bumpers and not just lips? Thanks in advance.

NYSI
11-26-2003, 06:33 PM
I was on an accident and I need a front bumper so I called the dealers the dealer sales it for $202.00 and to painted is $620.00 so i think you have a good shot at a bodykit

oldschoolimport
11-26-2003, 07:54 PM
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13S5S01_B46.gif
front is 160.35 rear is 180.14 unpainted. hondaautomotiveparts.com hope this helps.

pedzola
11-26-2003, 08:12 PM
damn... $200... $160... you can't get an aftermarket bumper unpainted for that much. I guess I will have to get OEM. =( Cause the shop would be doing all the painting and stuff under insurance, whether they paint OEM honda bumper or aftermarket bumper it doesn't matter. ITs the actual parts cost that would make a difference. =(

Could I get a Buddy Club front bumper for $200???

Civicvtec1ps
11-26-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by pedzola
damn... $200... $160... you can't get an aftermarket bumper unpainted for that much. I guess I will have to get OEM. =( Cause the shop would be doing all the painting and stuff under insurance, whether they paint OEM honda bumper or aftermarket bumper it doesn't matter. ITs the actual parts cost that would make a difference. =(

Could I get a Buddy Club front bumper for $200??? You could get replica buddy club kit from ebay for pretty cheap.. But all those kits are made out of fiberglass so, wont ever be strong as OEM bumpers. Which is made out of high quality urethane. Its up to you. Personally, I would just buy oem bumper.. But lip kit later.

pedzola
11-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Well we'll see how much the body shop is purchasing OEM bumpers for I guess. Then take it from there...

johnnydanger
11-26-2003, 10:05 PM
guy, i have a buddy club replica body kit that was never used, i'm trying to sell... someone wants the skirts and someone wants the rear bumper. so that leaves the front available to buy still. $250 + shipping.... yours... ;) interested? pm me if so...

pedzola
11-26-2003, 10:15 PM
sent.

Anybody else have any info or suggestions for me? It's all greatly appreciated, thanks. ;)