PDA

View Full Version : mufflertech mid pipe

frankdogg
11-26-2003, 10:54 PM
HELLO to all...
quick question, who out there has the MUFFLERTECH midpipe. I was going to buy this off of ebay but i checked their "feedback/comments" and they have some negatives and it made me question their "quality"
anyhow, if you have this, can you give me your OPINION. Thanx and good lookin' out!

Hatch, Si Hatch
11-27-2003, 07:28 AM
I have it, its nice, you should get it.

eurosteez
11-28-2003, 09:28 PM
just got mine today. welds are not huge or anything but its decent quality. Fitment is good. Install pretty basic. good mod

eurosteez
12-03-2003, 01:29 PM
bump

OK my pipe is touching the belly of my car and rattling like hell. I've fixed it temporarily by putting steel-wool to pad it. Anyone have this problem too? Solutions?
thanks

CivicHB
12-03-2003, 02:16 PM
damn I got one of these shipping to me as we speak, should I be worried? first the hardware is wrong, somewhat flakey customer service/bad feedback, etc... but now poor fit.:yellm:

eurosteez
12-03-2003, 02:30 PM
Its good because it sits very high(like stock) so no need to worry about scrapin. Its just so high that a small part of it touches the belly. Yea there customer service does suck. I had to call them like 50 times and it finally shipped a month after they charged me. The touching is a very small problem. I just need some ideas how to stop the rattling. THe steel wool is workin fine, only problem is its gonna eventually rust away. Stainless-steel wool is my plan for now

CivicHB
12-03-2003, 03:27 PM
I wish I could help, but maybe you will have some advice on how to stop the rattle before mine gets in. Which will be a month I guess ( after I call 50 times ). :'( Did you even get a tracking # b/c they haven't given me one yet. They don't respond to e-mails much either.

CivicSI2002
12-03-2003, 07:39 PM
I bought this pipe along with the high-flow cat on ebay. First I had the same problem with the pipe banging against the bottom of the car and it annoyed the hell out of me so I took it off. I made a note of where it was banging it seems to be something that could be fixed at a local muffler shop. I didn't have a big problem with shipping and service and was able to get a confirmation number from them. I don't really like the crush bends, I had no idea that it reduced the diameter that much. I just installed my Greddy Turbo Kit and was hoping to get some more flow through my exhaust and was kind of disapointed when I saw the bends.