PDA

View Full Version : HFP Package

LiveOptix
11-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Do you think i could get this done to an 03? I don't see why not unless i'm over looking something.

http://www.k-series.com/news_details.php?news_id=39

Suk02Si
11-27-2003, 03:08 AM
What specifically were you looking at getting? All those parts are interchangable with older(02-03) models.

prracer617
11-27-2003, 05:14 AM
why would you spend 4000 on that package when youthink about it if you break it down you can get all that things they offering for almost half ...and that kit is ugly keeping the reflector really kill the car

ragebomb
11-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah, gotta agree with these guys. Either buy specific parts from the kit you want, but don't buy the kit as a whole. You will get OEM fit, but if you do your homework you will get better parts for much less money. IMHO. Give it about 6 months and I'm sure you'll start to see the parts sold individually on eBay, and if we're lucky, thru dealers too. And then of course there are the knockoff versions that will become available...

digitldlnkwnt
11-27-2003, 12:28 PM
i think its a good idea for HFP to atleast offer tha option.
but i agree with :get rid of the bumper-circus lites

TrippZ
11-27-2003, 07:34 PM
i dont know about yall but those rims are mighty, mighty, MIGHTY fine.

ep pilot
11-27-2003, 10:59 PM
I

rs_1101
11-28-2003, 12:41 AM
i could just see you at a honda counter like "maaaaaaaaaan you shoulda sEEN that aCCIDENT!! WHOAH MAN! a whole PILE of ep's.. and somehow.. OnLY the spoilers got trashed.. man talk about freak accident.."

bobdobbs
11-28-2003, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ep pilot
[B]but I can get around that since I

LiveOptix
11-28-2003, 08:07 PM
thanx for the advise guys, i dont think i'd pay that, i was just curious.

If i could get anything it would be the wheels, it's sick that they are oem, anyone notice that they are 5 lug too?

suspension componets look nice too but i would want more than 1 inch drop.

ep pilot
11-28-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
It would be cool if you could do that, but supposedly Honda registers the VIN for cars with a HFP kit. No registered VIN, no replacement parts.

I wouldn't believe an ounce of this.... Simply because I have heared of the same crap given to Camaro owners, Subaru owners that want an STi hood, the Camaro owners that wan't an SS hood, but the dealer told them they need a vin number etc... etc..

All I do is call whom ever at the Honda, Buic, Ford etc.. dealer that I want the specific part and viola! really I've never had a dealer tell our shop we couldn't have a part, we have contracts with them since we spend $XXX<XXX amout of money with them each month, believe me they wouldn't tell me no.

Plus the format is really simple, I make up an estimate per se for an Ep3 then fax it to the dealer, they look at it and order my parts.

-Ryan

ep pilot
11-28-2003, 08:40 PM
I kick myself, if I had been thinking I would have copied the vin number from the HFP at the 2004 Autoshow last week when I was there as a back-up.

-Ryan

bobdobbs
11-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by ep pilot
Plus the format is really simple, I make up an estimate per se for an Ep3 then fax it to the dealer, they look at it and order my parts.

Okay, then put me down for an HFP rear wing. I looked at it real close today and it's very nice. Perfect fit, with sharp edges. Let me know how much you want for it, painted in Vivid Blue Pearl. I'll drive to Sacto to pick it up. Seriously. ;)

Zero Three Si
11-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Okay, then put me down for an HFP rear wing. I looked at it real close today and it's very nice. Perfect fit, with sharp edges. Let me know how much you want for it, painted in Vivid Blue Pearl. I'll drive to Sacto to pick it up. Seriously. ;)

What's the difference than the wing you got currently?

ep pilot
11-28-2003, 08:59 PM

Let me do my Homework (find an HFP vin) and it's a go for sure.

-Ryan

bobdobbs
11-28-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
What's the difference than the wing you got currently?
Much better fit. The edges were sharp, not rounded and it sat right against the rear window, without any play. Typical Honda quality.

oogy-boogy
11-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Much better fit. The edges were sharp, not rounded and it sat right against the rear window, without any play. Typical Honda quality.

Glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to seeing one at the local dealer in the next few months...

Stoop
11-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Let me do my Homework (find an HFP vin) and it's a go for sure.

-Ryan

Just a little side note from a parts manager at a Honda dealer:
The HFP kit won't be available to the dealers until mid-December. That is when I've heard that Honda will begin making the kit available.

Sounds like something good is in the works. EP Pilot is 100% right about being able to get the parts for the HFP kit. He, as a bodyshop, just needs to request the parts from his dealer for a supposedly F'ed up EP. The Honda dealer WILL need the VIN number in order to get the replacement parts from American Honda. Then the dealer just gives the VIN info to Honda to get the parts (Honda just wants to know the VIN of the car that the parts are needed for - for their records.) That's all there is to it.

peenaySI
11-28-2003, 10:13 PM
I kick myself, if I had been thinking I would have copied the vin number from the HFP at the 2004 Autoshow last week when I was there as a back-up.

-Ryan

REALLY??? hook me up then, i want the rims ... how much????:D

Zero Three Si
11-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Correct me if I wrong, but getting a VIN is as simple as seeing one on the street. Walking up to it and writing it down.

Hell, you can even go to the dealer and copy one of the VIN's from a car on the lot.

younggotti266
11-28-2003, 10:21 PM
Great.......

I will take 1 silver wing...........

the stock one is way to small.........

Zero Three Si
11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by younggotti266
Great.......

I will take 1 silver wing...........

the stock one is way to small.........

It's insane how small it is.

redronin22
11-28-2003, 11:35 PM
stock EP's have wings? are you sure?:D

ep pilot
11-28-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
It's insane how small it is.

Just a matter of time before the JDM gods come out with a little pill we can give our Ep3 to make the little spoiler we have now bigger.

But really I hate how non-functional our wing is anyway. Not only is it non-functional but it looks really silly on the car IMO. I

ep pilot
11-28-2003, 11:55 PM
I really want to know whats involved with making it fit & work on an '02-'03 Si. The first issue is the third brake lamp assy? I wonder if we could get a filler panel or plate from the HFP model that would delete the '02-'03 brakelamp and plate. Secondly would we have to drill a hole in the body to feed the new brakelamp wiring? will the new wing bolt in where the old wing mounted? I just don't want anything Jerry-Rigged on my car, otherwise I would buy an aftermarket wing.

-Ryan

bobdobbs
11-29-2003, 12:19 AM
I really want to know whats involved with making it fit & work on an '02-'03 Si. The first issue is the third brake lamp assy? I wonder if we could get a filler panel or plate from the HFP model that would delete the '02-'03 brakelamp and plate. Secondly would we have to drill a hole in the body to feed the new brakelamp wiring? will the new wing bolt in where the old wing mounted? I just don't want anything Jerry-Rigged on my car, otherwise I would buy an aftermarket wing.
I took a good look where the third brake light would be on the HFP car today. They do not install a new (flat) trim piece. There's still a bulge where the third brake light was, but there's just no light in there. Disappointing.

When I installed my spoilerdepot.com wing, I had to drill a 1/4" hole and then install a rubber grommet. You thread a wire from the wing's brake light through the grommet and clamp it to the existing brake light wiring. The wing mounts through six bolt holes already in the hatch holding the stock wing on. I'm sure the HFP wing is the same.