PDA

View Full Version : lets see those guts

jdm03ep
11-27-2003, 02:41 PM
anyone who has gutted there car post a pic and did it help in performance

raiyo
11-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Sorry, no pics here. I gutted the whole back to sound proof it, and it took me like 1 whole week. Should had been sooner, but I got lazy. Felt day and night difference in preformance. The car picked up quicker, a whole lot quicker. I didn't think it would make that big of a difference, but it did. After driving it for 1 week with stuff gutted out and placed everything back, it FELT SLOW again. :'(

Tooked out the rear panels, seats, spare tire, tools, trunk lid, rear speakers, and something else I might have missed that belong to the rear end.

bmx269
11-28-2003, 04:41 PM
http://www.digitalgumball.com/kseries/seat/DCP_5832.jpg

eurosteez
11-28-2003, 08:13 PM
hmmm, is the car peppier now? peppier...is that a word?

4g63dsm
11-29-2003, 08:28 PM
what a waste of a car

Suk02Si
12-01-2003, 02:01 AM
:p

http://suk02si.digitalgumball.com/images/ep78.JPG

raiyo
12-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by bmx269
http://www.digitalgumball.com/kseries/seat/DCP_5832.jpg

how'd u make the jack/tools fit on the side of the spare? did u remove the center holder? i put mines in the middle. i need more space to put my t-wrench for my stupid tuner lug nuts.

bmx269
12-01-2003, 11:59 AM
I don't know how you mean, the tools fit there nicely. :)

STP03BlueSI
12-01-2003, 03:56 PM
HOLY CRAP!

Brettnyt
12-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Damn Trent! I didnt know that your were gutted... What kinda seat you got up there? You still gotta drive on down here and give me a ride!

TezGari
12-01-2003, 05:40 PM
Nice guts, not to gutted just right IMO!:)

1fastminivan
12-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Gutting it out makes a HUGE difference. I raced my friend "NemesisITR" with his car gutted and he just pulled on me like nothing. He ended up hitting the revlimiter way way before I even got to get close the revlimiter on our fifth gear. Makes a difference for sure. Im planning on doing it myself.

also......he gutted his out a little more then the one in the pic.....he took out all of the sound deadning material and all of the carpet even in the front and the middle console plastic piece that covers the area around the ebrake......basically everything in the car except the dash and the two seats.

chubbychu
12-01-2003, 10:25 PM
have rattles been decreased when you gut?

Rey
12-01-2003, 10:39 PM
Could you guys weigh your cars gutted with less than a quarter tank of gas?

TezGari
12-01-2003, 10:57 PM
I use to own a naked CRX...;)

oldschoolimport
12-02-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by trinispeed
I use to own a naked CRX...;) that ain't naked, more like a 2 piece bikini. I'll try to post pics of a naked crx. seat, wheel ,shifter, e-brake, pedals, ecu. thats it. no cluster, dash, nothin. thats naked.:D only wire past the firewall is the power wire for the fuel pump. guess yours was pretty naked for the street though.

2003EP3
12-29-2003, 12:38 AM
damn, thats a waste of a good interior, if u wanna gut the shit out then go buy a salvaged title SI with the interior already gone!! IMO

bmx269
12-29-2003, 09:22 AM
Its all about performance. Right now my interior is back in my car, but I will take it out for the next race season. My car will be setup as a race car, including the removed interior, bucket seat and more. This is not a waste of a perfectly good interior, because when something is a waste you are not using it to its fullest. I feel that having your interior in your car while racing IS a waste, look at the points.

1) You are driving in the front seat, not the back, so why have a back seat?

2) Every little advantage must be taken in order to win most races. Seconds count, and weight can slow you down.

3) With a harness the rear seat is useless for a passenger, so why have it?

Different driving styles and uses of the EP are around, some have it for a show car, others a race car, and yet others just use it to go to the store. Each style of driving has a different setup from looks to ride. What you have to understand is that some people are willing to go to extremes to have a car that wins. Removing your interior to save weight is just 1 of the simple changes to making your car a full on race car, it is not extreme. Extreme would be a full cage, drivers only seat, no dash, etc. :)

MrCivic03
12-29-2003, 02:42 PM
hey bmx so u can put it all back in when u want to?? that is cool i agree with the weight saving. also how much weight do u think u saved by doin this?? looks ok for a gut i would just drop some light carpet on there to cover some ugly shit.

Type X
12-31-2003, 08:38 AM
friends ep3
:)

speedking604
03-06-2004, 11:13 PM
suko, do you have other picture with the rear seat remove but everything still there except the rear seat???this picture should be taken from the rear side windows coz i want a picture without the rear seat but with all the doors close. i wanna know what it looks like, coz people usually check my car from the rear window.

Ep3 No.2
03-07-2004, 11:12 AM
i know you guys got gutted rears. but im planning to do the same thing. i was jus curious to see what you guys would think of putting like a layer of thin wood and carpeting over the bare metal to somewhat keep the stock configuration.

eggsi
03-08-2004, 11:06 AM
hey man do you have any idea of how many rattles i hear now with it gutted, i could only imagine it with wood banging on metal, it already makes me want to drive into a tree at times:D and i already thought of putting carpet or something else back there but it came out to be to much of a headache to make it look right with all the measuring and shit.:o

Makross
03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
i problee dont have anything to do today so i might as well take my back seat out just for kicks haha nice shiet suk!!!

Ep3 No.2
03-09-2004, 06:38 PM
i liked suk02si's set up but i still wanna do that plywood with carpeting over. if its so loud why dont you sound proof it ? they got a diy on it at kseries.com under tech.