PDA

View Full Version : 15x7 wheels, +43 offset...?s

JapanExpress
11-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Will these be too wide for an EP3? Will they work for a while on stock tires? Is the offset correct? I ave a chance to get some cheap and need some sort of input asap. Also, will there be any chance of rubbing, lowered on Progress (1.8"F, 1.5"R)?

thanks

bobdobbs
11-27-2003, 03:01 PM
They'll fit without rubbing, but the offset isn't ideal. It's a little tucked-in. Not terrible, but on a 7-inch width rim, you want an offset around +37.

JapanExpress
11-27-2003, 03:06 PM
How bad would it look? Would it be noticeable? I don't want to buy these and then have to turn around and sell them b/c they make the car look funny.

bobdobbs
11-27-2003, 03:34 PM
I'd say the combination of skinny stock tires and slight tuck-in would look funny (to me). Wider tires would help (225s, for instance) but then you run the risk of rubbing on the inside. A wheel with less offset would allow a wider tire, and increase your front and rear track, improving handling. What kind of rims are they?

chunky
11-27-2003, 04:25 PM
for a 225 tire, you could run a +40 to +43 offset, but you're limited on how much neg camber you can run.

If you're just going to run stock spec camber all around (neutral up front, -1 in rear) you'll be okay with the +43 offset, but expect some rubbing with wide tires during heavy cornering.

I have the 225/50/15 tires on a +37 offset wheel and have plenty of clearance even with a good amount of negative camber up front. To fit the wide tires in the rear, I did have to modify the rear fenders in order to run -1 camber.

JapanExpress
11-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Would they look fine with a 215 width tire? its sounding like I'd be better off waiting for another deal to come along.

they are bronze Speedmaster Finalspeeds: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/marketplace/newparts/atech/index.htm