PDA

View Full Version : Progress springs and sway bar

phokingphosho
11-27-2003, 05:03 PM
Hey guys. I'm thinking about getting Progress springs and a sway bar. I really like autox, and I think I'm going to get into it probably. Question is, are Progress springs drop even all the way around? I've read that some aren't, but others say they are. Also, would the CTR sway be better for these springs or would the RSX-S sway? Alright well that's all for now, thanks.

02SilverSiHB
11-27-2003, 08:39 PM
from what I've seen the progress drops the car lower in the rear than the front. I have koni shocks, and now the drop is lower in the front than the rear..by half an inch.
I'd stay with a 22mm sway..so either the ctr or progress one.

phatsi
11-27-2003, 09:32 PM
i did tons of research before i bought springs....looked at many cars and pics of several ones....i bought progress....they actually sit a bit lower in the front which is what i wanted...eibach, sprint, and most others sit even or most of all eibach sag in the rear...it looks horrible....i have put progress on 3 03ep's so far and the drop is right on perfect, a bit lower in the front....i also have progress and the rear progress sway and autocross and the set up is great...with the right tires, it handles and is very predictable...:D :D :D

!@#$%
11-27-2003, 10:02 PM
you might not remember my car, but I was at the first richardson meet.

silver si with gunmetal rims. I am dropped on progress.

chunky
11-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by phatsi
i did tons of research before i bought springs....looked at many cars and pics of several ones....i bought progress....they actually sit a bit lower in the front which is what i wanted...eibach, sprint, and most others sit even or most of all eibach sag in the rear...it looks horrible....i have put progress on 3 03ep's so far and the drop is right on perfect, a bit lower in the front....i also have progress and the rear progress sway and autocross and the set up is great...with the right tires, it handles and is very predictable...:D :D :D

every progress drop i've seen is lower in the rear than in the front.

the h&r's drop perfectly even front & rear. went from 15.5" from hub to fender to 13.5" from hub to fender all around. and it's the exact same now as then.

SoCaLep3
11-28-2003, 07:41 PM
the rear is definitly lower then the front, but its not by much maybe half an inch lower in the rear

phatsi
11-28-2003, 11:23 PM
wow.......all 4 cars with progress are lower in front by a bit....i know h&r do sit perfect on most cars i've seen as well as my integra and my buddies rxs they are perfect, but i have had great outcomes with the progress........i hate the lower rear look and if these progress ever do that they will be replaced......just my experience though.....;)