PDA

View Full Version : Who has Stage II

MyBlkSI
11-27-2003, 07:31 PM
i was wondering if cybernation has acctually done an ep3 stage2 kit or are the numbers theretical. And if so has anyone on the board thought about getting it or did get it. just wondering, that kit would be so bad ass.

TheMutt
11-30-2003, 07:28 PM
I don't think many people have the money for it right now and adding that to the fact that it's never nice to be the guinea pig (whoa did i spell that right?), I don't think you'll see oen for a while. I think there are a few from clubRSX that have gone stage 2, and from what I hear traction problems are bad.

TheMutt
11-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Check clubRSX, appearantly they will be closing they're doors to those looking to have their cars tuned or have turbos installed so that they can better develop their products for our cars. Good, because they predict that it could help bring prices down and reliability up. You will have to find local shops to do the install, but you get a better product. Just a FYI.

esmith13
12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
I think the main reason no one has gone stage II with CN yet is the stage I kit is really a full stage III setup minus the engine internals. To go stage II you literally just do the pistons and rods and turn up the boost on the wastegate. Their's absolutely no reason to go straight to stage II. In other words, it's not any cheaper to buy the kit as a stage II versus doing stage I now, then adding the internals later. That way you have tim eto deal with traction and clutch issues -- unless your made out of money ;)

I plan on going stage II before Xmas 2004. Paying out the $1,000 for the pistons and rods is the easy part. I just have to decide if I want to shell out $1,000 for labor, or spend the $1,000 on another A3 engine and build it myself in my spare time and swap it out when I'm ready... Seems like an awful waste to spend the $1,000 on labor when you can buy a second engine to build for that.

Eric

TheMutt
12-09-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah I want to get the stage II eventually but I will have to get stage I first :P

K-Series
12-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I'll most likely go stage 3 by the end of next year basically skipping "stage 2".

Sleeved and running 25lbs sounds good to me. :)

Steve

TheMutt
12-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Why should I care when you wont give us vids of your stage 1?!

Heh heh, jk! :D

K-Series
12-09-2003, 10:00 PM
Bastard! :P

;)

Steve