PDA

View Full Version : Interior Restore?

k20hatch
11-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know a good product for cleaning the interior...leaving a good nice clean look with the oily shine? Ive been looking around for awhile...Someone told me to try some meguires stuff but i havnt tested it out yet? Anyone have any input on what i should use? Any would be helpful!!]

K20hatch

oogy-boogy
11-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Personally, I use the meguires pro line (tan bottles). They have a nice vinyl/rubber spray that goes on evenly and looks great. I usually buff some off to get a better luster and remove some of the greasy feeling.

AkronSi
12-01-2003, 08:31 AM
The Meg's Mirror Glaze line is great (those are the tan bottles like oggy-boggy recomended). If you want a true matte look, get the meg's cleaner (not the cleaner-protectant) and follow up with 303 aerospace protectant. It's great stuff.

Also look into Cockpit Premium or Tiefenpfleger from www.1z-usa.com. I haven't used it, but here it is very matte.

k20hatch
01-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I went to look for the meguires interior cleaner. Anyone ever use this? Someone told me it was a very good cleaner. I went down to advanced auto but they do not carry it.

william
01-27-2004, 08:06 PM
I use Vinylex, it leaves a semigloss/matt finish. Plus it has UV protectant in it, so you dash wont fade. and it smells pretty nuetral. But if you cant find it I would have to agree with the aerospace 303 stuff, I've heard great things about it as well.

Spidey
01-27-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by william
I use Vinylex, it leaves a semigloss/matt finish. Plus it has UV protectant in it, so you dash wont fade. and it smells pretty nuetral. But if you cant find it I would have to agree with the aerospace 303 stuff, I've heard great things about it as well.
william, where do you get vynlex??
i have been looking for that stuff

william
01-28-2004, 05:54 PM
hey spidey, west side acura has it , it's in a blue bottle, and so does alberta honda. 15 bucks a bottle i think.

rgGolf4
02-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I use a 3m product call Refresh or something. It comes in several fragrances, but its applied like a wax. It doesn't leave a heavy oily residue and it doesn't make it shiny.

k20hatch
02-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by rgGolf4
I use a 3m product call Refresh or something. It comes in several fragrances, but its applied like a wax. It doesn't leave a heavy oily residue and it doesn't make it shiny.

where do you get that from?

davidc81
02-24-2004, 09:04 PM
i use a product called zymol treat. its for plastic and leather surfaces and is made from natural plant extracts. it leaves my dash and doors looking clean and black without leaving behind any residue. its a little bit more than other products on the market, but i think its worth it. give it a try.

k20hatch
02-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Can you get it at link advanced, autozone, wal mart, or any place? thanks for the input!

k20hatch
02-25-2004, 04:46 PM
i use a product called zymol treat. its for plastic and leather surfaces and is made from natural plant extracts. it leaves my dash and doors looking clean and black without leaving behind any residue. its a little bit more than other products on the market, but i think its worth it. give it a try.

Your the man, found some out today at a shop. Picked up there wax to! Thanks alot man!!

Zigen5
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
What do you use to clean the interior? I drive most of the time with my windows down and my dash gets dusty. I usually just wipe it down with a towel. I don't want my dash shiny, is there a good product that protects and cleans my dash but doesn't make it shiny? I was thinking about getting Meguair's interior cleaner..

FurY
04-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Zigen5
What do you use to clean the interior? I drive most of the time with my windows down and my dash gets dusty. I usually just wipe it down with a towel. I don't want my dash shiny, is there a good product that protects and cleans my dash but doesn't make it shiny? I was thinking about getting Meguair's interior cleaner..

I just bought Meg's NXT interior cleaner this past weekend and applied it to the inside panels of my doors, center floor console, and dash. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed. When you first apply it, it does leave a shine but once it sits for about an hour or so, the shine goes away. It seems that it just restores the natural color of the dash instead of putting some thick greasy coat on it (*cough* armor all *cough* :rolleyes: ). I'm very impressed and I am going to try the new NXT wax that's out once the weather improves!

Ep3 No.2
04-11-2004, 04:07 PM
uh i use armor all.
nothing fancy to that.

Stealth Wedgy
04-13-2004, 10:45 AM
Armor-all LOW GLOSS...availbe at walmart...nice stuff

But i think i wanna try some of the NXT stuff

davidc81
04-13-2004, 05:52 PM
stealth wedgy, pius or pottstown high?