PDA

View Full Version : Will insurance pay for a new seat?

OdysseySi
11-30-2003, 12:25 PM
A month ago, I was rear ended on the freeway after I stopped behind a stalled car. I got a pretty hard knock.

I got my car back a few days ago, and I have a strong suspicion that the padding (especially in the lumbar area) in the driver's seat broke down when I sunk into the seat during the crash, because it's really uncomfortable compared to the passenger seat, which was empty during the accident.

I have to bring my car back to the body shop tomorrow, to fix various other things that I noticed. Do you think if I tell the insurance company about the seat that they'll replace it? It doesn't look damaged, but it definitely feels different. I don't know if you'd know about it if you haven't driven the car before, you might just think the seat is uncomfortable.

Also, how much for a new stock driver's seat?

NYSI
11-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Yes the other guy insurance should pay for everything that is broken or damages on youre car, it is youre back ok? if it was that bad to brake the seat you should get some X rays Bro. you migth get some pain later it happend to my friend after 3 weeks she couldnt get up from bed hope youre ok

gr33nnugz
11-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I agree. If its broken and was due to the crash, they should cover the cost

Driftin SI
11-30-2003, 04:53 PM
ypu, they have to replace it, I got rear ended in my Golf and had something similar happen to my seat. I made them add it to the estimate but the car ended up being totalled regardless.