PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Turbo Kit HELP!!

CivicSI2002
11-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I posted this on ClubRSX to see if anyone could help and I'm just going to copy and paste for all on this forum and maybe I can get a hit. Thanks

My first post:
Greddy Turbo Kit HELP!!
Hey, I need a little bit quick help. I'm installing the e-manage first before actual turbo on my 02 SI and I've run into my first problem. After the wiring and installing the injectors I started the car and it started missing and the e-manage threw a code. Well, after staring at the instructions for a while I'm lost as to how to understand the blinking red light in the troubleshooting mode. If anyone has any info that could point me in the right direction it would greatly appreciated. Also, is solder a conductor? I ask this because I'm new to soldering and am curious as to if I did it right. Do the wires actually have to be touching each other before soldering or will the solder complete the circuit even if one wire isn't touching the other completely? Any extra help that could get me out of this rut would be great. Thanks

After the complete install:
Well, after two days of work I finally got the kit fully installed with a high flow cat and a 2.25" w/o res mid-pipe. The install was fun but very intense. If you look up and notice my first post you will see that I had problems with the car running before the turbo and all of you told me to continue with the install. I did but it didn't change anything. I'm having the same problem. I cannot understand how to read the code on the e-manage but I'll try to explain what the red light is doing and maybe someone could help me out. It blinks for about 1 sec and then it is followed by 4 short blinks which makes me think it could be a code 24, 34, 44 or something like that. After it completes that it blinks for about 1 sec and then blinks once more and then starts over. So, I'm thinking according to the instructions it is a 24 and maybe 21. I soldered all of the connections and am pretty confident that the solder is ok unless I didn't solder properly. I've got three days off of work so I have time to give Greddy a ring but I'd like to solve this asap so I can check for any other problems. Thanks

I know it is long but I really need some help, Thanks

mhx
11-30-2003, 07:46 PM
Call the company u bought the turbo from, maybe they know what the codes mean..

Double check all your wires..
Yes, solder is a conductor.. Did you cut all your stock wires or did you melt them and then solder the wire onto them?

Does your car get a CEL? Have you tried resetting your ECU? unplug your battery for 10min.. push the horn n turn the lights on to make sure no power is in the system..

Its has to be something simple.. Just double check all the wires, 02 senor wires, and intake temp wires.

The emanage only taps into the ECU wires correct? It doesnt require an extra wires to anything under the hood right?

CivicSI2002
11-30-2003, 09:38 PM
I'm going to call Greddy and the shop I bought it from tomorrow, I just wanted to see if anyone had this same problem. I did cut the wires but I just got done reworking them and made sure I did it perfect it but it still did the same thing. I checked the injectors and made sure they were wired right and installed properly but still the same. I started it up and gave it some gas and let it rev to about 4 grand and noticed that it was pretty smooth but my e-manage was flashing red so I let off and shut it down. I've never ran a car that had 3 out of 4 injectors running or 3 out of 4 sparkplugs firing and was wondering if the engine would still rev smoothly? Thanks

ep_nezay
12-01-2003, 12:19 AM
The blinks are as follow;
1 long blink = 10
1 short blink = 1

So you are getting a 14. Now, that code 14 means that the purple wire is not getting connection BUT, it is. Kenji is still waiting for some more info about this from Japan.
Bottom line, DONT worry about that code. Just make sure its not throwing any other codes.
For more info or updates, check the thread that I have started.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22167

NOTE:My e-manage was tuned and that program has been saved and released to all the owners. Just look at the last page for more info in my thread.

beansbear
12-01-2003, 12:45 AM
So when my new emanage gets here next week its still gonna blink like the old one but not throw a CEL?

ep_nezay
12-01-2003, 01:15 AM
Yes, your cell should not come on anymore, that was due to being too rich.
Just aslong as you get code 14 youll be fine.

CivicSI2002
12-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Well, after I checked my wires one last time I finally found my mistake and was able to correct it. It was perfect now except it still throughs a code 14 but the guys at City-Speed are working with me to find out why. They say it has something to do with the VTEC signal and possibly I have a wire used that shouldn't be. The price and service they have given me have been excellent and would recommend them to anyone looking to purchase the Greddy Turbo Kit. It was the lowest price I found; $2450.00 shipped. I would like to point out that the MufflerTech mid-pipe has some fitment problems and I would not recomend this pipe to anyone who is also replacing the cat as well. I'm not sure if this could be corrected with the stock cat because I didn't have it on when I installed the mid-pipe. It is nothing serious, just bangs against the car underneath and is very annoying. Thanks oh and if anyone has any info on the code 14 let me know.

ep_nezay
12-02-2003, 11:32 AM
I gave you info on code 14 in your IM.
Dont worry about code14 your not going to be able to fix it. Code 14 means that the purple wire(for your speedo) is not getting connection. BUT IT IS. Kenji is still waiting on a call from Japan to resolve the problem.
Ill keep you all posted in my thread once I get info.