PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trade EP for SRT-4 yet?

dustin
11-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Reason I ask is because I was comtemplating this very thing. (I already feel like a trader). I thought I once saw one or maybe two posts that someone had done this. I'm curious as to how much you were paying for insurance w/ your EP vs. what you pay now for your SRT-4? How old you are. Driving how many years? What carrier? What deductable? ($250, $500, $1,000). All that stuff. Thanks.

plpong893
11-30-2003, 05:46 PM
before i got my ep was i was looking at an srt-4 however i called my isurance company and the srt would be 400 a month f that.. the ep is only 150 a month. the srt i was going to get came in the other day i went to look at it. and im happy i got my ep, srt is fast as hell but with all the money i am savin im plannin on boosting my ep this summer

BluePearl03Si
11-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Traitor, not Trader

The SRT-4 will be a fine machine for a bit, but you might want to join AAA when the warranty runs out.

*Bang, Clunk*

plpong893
11-30-2003, 06:56 PM
im 100% happy with the EP

foilpan
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
a member by the nickname of "furious" traded his.

i'm not going to search for his post, but it was in EP Discussion.

i believe he's from around worcester, ma. he seemed pretty happy about the power increase but disappointed in the build quality and interior (he misses his si).

STP03BlueSI
11-30-2003, 08:17 PM
a SI for a SKITTLE?:D

bc2k20a3
11-30-2003, 10:44 PM
sort of off topic,but my friend has a srt-4 and this past week he broke the oil line running to the turbo.the dealership told him that the line is rated at 40psi and at full boost he is running 80psi through the oil line.know that shows that dodge cut some corners for the low cost.they can keep their cheap crap.they might be fast but overall they could never be a honda.i drove his and i would much rather have my honda tranny because you almost have to be a weight lifter to go through the gear box in the srt-4.just my opinion

icegrill
11-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Everyone I've seen driving an sr4-t is a complete stroke. Those cars are still ghey even if they are fast. It's like asking who's trading their ep for a pontiac gtp? It's still a piece of shit dodge car.

raiyo
12-01-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by plpong893
before i got my ep was i was looking at an srt-4 however i called my isurance company and the srt would be 400 a month f that.. the ep is only 150 a month.

hehe, still at 150 per month? stupid insurance code went up and the insurance on our car went up. this is due to stupid mofos that break into our cars and careless driving. to make it simple, we do to many claims.

furious
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
a SI for a SKITTLE?:D

sorry i missed this thread...

STP, must you? MUST you?, at least you didn't color code it this time:D

well to the thread starter:

i in fact don't miss a thing anymore about the EP. true that it's interior is higher quality. however, the interior is inexpensive but got a cool feel in the SRT-4.

premium...yes there is a diff. mine went up a whopping $130 a year:D i have nothing on my record in MA. have 7 year experience as driver, multi car discount, corporate discount. $1250 a year for 500 deduct all comprehensive/collision and very good injury coverage.

if you make the switch, you will not regret it. the SRT4 is a monster FWD. just today i accidentally spinned in 3rd...oops...

the car gets way much attention. you'll love it. not that i'm trying to convert you or anything, but just my honest to god opinion since someone asked.

anyways, my dodge dealer is still hanging on to my Si will little to no hope of selling it off.

ok, that's it. you will lose no sleep over the trade;)

bobdobbs
12-03-2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by furious
sorry i missed this thread...
Did you post pictures of the beast yet?

furious
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by bobdobbs
Did you post pictures of the beast yet?

only pics i took are from my pda and i just found out that my pda cannot export images...only import more images:rolleyes:

so, with them snowies on my SRT4 as yesterday's driving nearly proved fatal on them 205/50/17 3 seasons...i will not be taking pics of the neon until at earliest spring:(

here is a pic that is trapped inside my pda

furious
12-03-2003, 05:44 PM
and another (sorry, i know they are bad bad pics:o :'( )

bratkat64
12-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Well we have a "Skittle" in our club. ^_^

Tim loves his car and has had 0 issues with it so far and he's had it since April 03.

http://rancidracing.com/timimages/picture3.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/timimages/picture2.jpg
http://rancidracing.com/timimages/P1010037.JPG

I'd list his mods but I'm lazy.
Tim's Car Page (http://rancidracing.com/tim.html)

slc71
12-03-2003, 09:23 PM
With all of these different new rides coming out I have questioned myself about my EP3.
The Saturn ION Redline and the Dodge SRT4 both have more horsepower than the EP, even though I don't care for the looks of either.
Guess I am just disappointed about the aftermarket parts available for the EP3, I thought there would be more options.
I mean shit you can even buy bolt on shocks without tear up the stock suspension or going to coilovers.
Still like my EP and I always wanted a SI, just kinda feeling burnt. :'(
I only paid 14,500 for my 2003 so I can't bitch too much and it is still a fun car to drive.

kenis138
12-04-2003, 07:12 AM
goddam man, i OWE that much o my 02 after over a year of payments....wtf, i shoulda waited like 3 months, oh well, live and learn, love my car. if anything, i am going to hold onto it until my trade in at least matches my payments, at which point i may go the wrx route...we shall see.

the SRT IS a cool car, but I am not a fan of domestics. i worked in the auto rental industry for many years of my life, and like clockwork, every neon we had went POP at about 75k

STP03BlueSI
12-04-2003, 07:27 AM
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LOOK 2

Yellow SKITTLES

STP03BlueSI
12-04-2003, 07:31 AM
sorry had to do it.:winkm: :smilem:

slc71
12-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by kenis138
goddam man, i OWE that much o my 02 after over a year of payments....wtf, i shoulda waited like 3 months, oh well, live and learn, love my car. if anything, i am going to hold onto it until my trade in at least matches my payments, at which point i may go the wrx route...we shall see.

the SRT IS a cool car, but I am not a fan of domestics. i worked in the auto rental industry for many years of my life, and like clockwork, every neon we had went POP at about 75k

Well I was very lucky. There was a BMW dealership in Chicago that had my EP traded in for a new 5 series. The EP was purchased as a graduation present for some kid and he was upset since he wanted a BMW 5 series. So his dad took him to get a 5 series and trade in the EP. I said that I only had 15,000 to spend out the door, so they did it. The car only had 1,500 miles on it. Worked out good for me. :D

kenis138
12-04-2003, 10:03 AM
ah, gotta love those spoiled lil rich bitches helping out us middle class workin stiffs;)

furious
12-04-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by slc71
The EP was purchased as a graduation present for some kid and he was upset since he wanted a BMW 5 series. So his dad took him to get a 5 series and trade in the EP.

the kid should have went for the M3..

now, just think how many teen honeys have been in your ride;) ...j/k:D great price, good deal:cool: