PDA

View Full Version : rsx-s sway bars

02civicSI
11-30-2003, 08:10 PM
is it worth it to get sway bars off of a RSX-S or should i get aftermarket ones? anybody know the size on these?

SiR_d1
11-30-2003, 08:14 PM
trust me, just get a 22mm CTR one. Way better!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your cautious about the price just wait for a used one to turn up here or on clubrsx, you will not regret the wait

Civicvtec1ps
11-30-2003, 08:52 PM
Rsx sway bar will help.
Which is 19mm. Our stock rear sway bar is 15mm. 19mm rsx sway bar is 159 % stiffer than our stock sway bar. Just try to get used one from clubrsx.com

TezGari
11-30-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by SiR_d1

If your cautious about the price just wait for a used one to turn up here or on clubrsx, you will not regret the wait

It is better, (i dont have one, but i can imagine!)....The only thing the RSX S Rear Swat Bar (RSX) has over the CTR Rear Sway Bar (CTR), is cost....If your spending around, $70-$90 for an RSX S OEM rear sway bar (19mm) just throw in the extra $20-30 dollars and get the CTR..I got my RSX S rear sway bar off clubrsx.com, for $40 shipped! That was a steal, i looked for about 5 days, searching...Finally someone said, "I have what you want"! Just be careful not to get ripped off, their could be some one who is "new", and dont have a rep on the board, i.e. seller feedback etc...Also, for $40, i love the bar, it makes driving more interesting, not as much as the CTR bar, but its good...

After Driving with the______ REar Sway Bar you would say:

CTR Bar: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOW
RSX S: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Cant go wrong anyway, but if your a suspension freak or auto x go for the CTR, but if your a everyday'er go for the RSX S (if you get a great deal)!:D :D :D

Install on K-series.com! Its a nice site, kool info and has a pretty cool tech section!

Rear Sway Bar Install (http://www.k-series.com/tech_detail.php?Tech_ID=EP3_S_SWAYBAR_R)

:D

raiyo
11-30-2003, 09:14 PM
Either RSX or CTR bar, you can't go wrong. Like what other members be saying. Go check out clubrsx.com for cheap used RSX sway bars. Go new for like 20-30 more at the dealer, or spend 20-30 dollars more for a CTR. Lets not forget about the bushings. If you bar doesn't come with OEM bushings, then try out Neuspeed or Energy Suspension's poly urthane bushings.

02SilverSiHB
11-30-2003, 10:29 PM

ditto, I had a 19mm rsx s sway, it's was nice, but damn, the 22mm sways are way better, I have the comptech sway/tie bar combo, really nice, but pricey...but I got it for like 120 :D

rs_1101
11-30-2003, 10:45 PM
i heard the ctr bar can be alittle rough tho. an ephatcher had the rear only ctr bar.. said he spun out making a left hand turn lol

raiyo
11-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by rs_1101
i heard the ctr bar can be alittle rough tho. an ephatcher had the rear only ctr bar.. said he spun out making a left hand turn lol

something wrong with that member's driving then, heheh. before I had a CTR bar, when cornering it just didn't felt right. After i had it on, while cornering the car moves the way i want it to. That's how i explain my feeling. basiclly it made my car understeer less.

putting on a type-s front sway soon, hope it will make it understeer less enough for me to feel the difference. the CTR has 22mm front/rear sway bars, trying to make it closer to its spec, since our chassis is the same.

SiR_d1
11-30-2003, 11:22 PM

who said this? Give me his name! I want it!!:D

j/j

TezGari
11-30-2003, 11:57 PM
who said this? Give me his name! I want it!!:D

j/j

I wouldnt mind the CTR...My baby would follow me even closer than the 19mm version...I love it tho, how such a simple mod can make a wolrd of a diff...;)

Civicvtec1ps
12-01-2003, 12:11 AM
15mm to 17mm= 65%
15mm to 19mm= 157%
15mm to 22mm= 363%
15mm to 25mm= 672%
New 04 si come with 17mm rear sway bar now.
I am going with Progress rear sway bar setup. The best swaybar setup for price. I will be upgrading with new endlinks too. ;)
Mugen rear sway bar is 25mm . Damn:D

rs_1101
12-01-2003, 12:11 AM
right now im shopping for a f/r type s sway set. then when im rich/bored ill go buy a ctr rear and write it up.

oh the guy who spun out, i recall also had stock tires. search this forum for sways... im sure ull find him

oogy-boogy
12-01-2003, 05:24 AM
Great informative post....def keeping this for future reference...

Thanks guys...

rs_1101
12-01-2003, 12:26 PM
wait im confused.clubrsx told me that their front sways wont fit the ep?

02civicSI
12-01-2003, 01:20 PM
pm me for a set of f/r rsx-s sway bars. i decided i will go with the CTR 22mm sway bars. i am not sellng these. they are form somebody i was going to buy them from. very good price.

raiyo
12-01-2003, 01:20 PM
wait im confused.clubrsx told me that their front sways wont fit the ep?

it will, just ignore what they say. alot of members here done it before.

eurosteez
12-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

Mugen rear sway bar is 25mm . Damn:D

bump

Does anyone on here have this setup? I think I'm gonna ask for the mugen rear sway for christmas. 25mm mmmmmmmm
:D :D :D

Civicvtec1ps
12-17-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
bump

Does anyone on here have this setup? I think I'm gonna ask for the mugen rear sway for christmas. 25mm mmmmmmmm
:D :D :D
One of our memeber has mugen rear sway bar. hmm $400 . Too much for rear sway bar if you ask me. I say just go with progres and call it a day. With $400, You can upgrade endlinks too.

VividDreams
01-18-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by raiyo
putting on a type-s front sway soon, hope it will make it understeer less enough for me to feel the difference.

sorry man, if you go with only a bigger front bar, you're gonna get MORE understeer. go bigger in the rear first.

incase anyone was wondering, the reason i bumped this month old topic to the top is cause i used the SEARCH function. i was looking on what people thought of the RSX rear sway because i have one that i had on my 01 EX coupe. i didnt feel much of a difference with it on there(stock was 12mm), and i had a feeling that i wouldnt really feel it on this car since theres less of a difference in diameter. maybe ill sell my bar and get a CTR or similar size bar, suggestions? also, is a rear lower tie bar recommended, or mandatory with a bar bigger than 19mm?

Eee Pee
01-18-2004, 09:58 AM
...and where are you finding the CTR rear bar?

My Honda dealer buddies say they can't get them...

Peking
01-18-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Eee Pee
...and where are you finding the CTR rear bar?

My Honda dealer buddies say they can't get them...

Showstoppers, call them.

SF-SI-02
01-20-2004, 05:06 PM
I have a large sidewall 205/60/15, should this make the Type-R Sway less attractive and the RsX-S more attractive? Is there a chance of tire damage with the Type-R sway bar with these tires (stock rims and suspension)?

Thanks!

Peking
01-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
I have a large sidewall 205/60/15, should this make the Type-R Sway less attractive and the RsX-S more attractive? Is there a chance of tire damage with the Type-R sway bar with these tires (stock rims and suspension)?
Thanks!

The Type-S bar is cheaper and thinner. So really what do you want from the rear? I don't see any way that the rear sway will cause tire damage.

styllinep3
01-21-2004, 09:50 AM
i love my dcr r rear sway:D . made the car ride like it should. i dont see the lose in ride quality though, but beware a bigger rear sway on stock tires can be very tricky. i learned that the hard way. ;)

SF-SI-02
01-21-2004, 12:27 PM
I think I am going to be stock suspension for a long time, so I went ahead and got a Type-S bar. Thanks for al lthe advice, I will be using these threads to install the bar, thankk god there is no ice-salt in sunny CA!

VividDreams
01-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I don't see any way that the rear sway will cause tire damage.

well, actually, it is possible. let me elaborate. i had an RSX rear bar on my 01 EX coupe. the only other mods were 17" wheels and a DC exhaust. after about 10,000 miles with the bar on, my rear tires were begging to wear more rapidly on the inner shoulders than on the outer ones. i was puzzled by this since my suspension was otherwise unchanged, meaning there was the factory camber setting in place. i consulted one of my friends, and together we came to the conclusion that since i dont drive aggressivly all the time, the stiffer bar wasnt letting the suspension flex the way it would with the stock bar. am i making any sense?

Peking
01-21-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
well, actually, it is possible. let me elaborate. i had an RSX rear bar on my 01 EX coupe. the only other mods were 17" wheels and a DC exhaust. after about 10,000 miles with the bar on, my rear tires were begging to wear more rapidly on the inner shoulders than on the outer ones. i was puzzled by this since my suspension was otherwise unchanged, meaning there was the factory camber setting in place. i consulted one of my friends, and together we came to the conclusion that since i dont drive aggressivly all the time, the stiffer bar wasnt letting the suspension flex the way it would with the stock bar. am i making any sense?

I see, so you were getting uneven tread. Did you balance and rotate often. I do every service. After all this time, I have 80% of the org. tread left. Factory camber settings, your Civic was lowered?

Zero Three Si
01-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by styllinep3
i love my dcr r rear sway:D . made the car ride like it should. i dont see the lose in ride quality though, but beware a bigger rear sway on stock tires can be very tricky. i learned that the hard way. ;)

Agreed...I have the type s on mine with H&R springs. If the road is wet, I can slid the ass anywhere I want.

SF-SI-02
01-21-2004, 10:30 PM
A lot of searching on the boards and no one has hydroedge tires. I just bought a set of 205/60/15 and have stock rims, I have not had them installed I am waiting to get the strut bar in first, but I am hoping my ep will nehave on slick roads, as I often drive in damp mountain conditions and this is where most of my problems come from. At any rate, I bought the Type-S from hondawerx for $85, hope I didn't make a mistake! (The club RSX people were actually asking for quite abit these last 2 weeks... maybe I'll pick up a used front later)

VividDreams
01-22-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I see, so you were getting uneven tread. Did you balance and rotate often. I do every service. After all this time, I have 80% of the org. tread left. Factory camber settings, your Civic was lowered?

no, i said that the only changes were wheels and the bar. also, you dont need to get your wheels rotated and balanced every 5,000 miles. 10,000 yeah, but not 5,000. as for rotating, i left them on for one season(spring-fall, about 10,000 miles), took them off and marked their position on the car when i took them off. i then rotated them front-rear for the next season(couldnt do the X type procedure due to being directional tires)

maybe i should have them balanced, but one shoulder wear isnt generally a sign of imbalance, plus, i never got any weird vibrations, shimmy, thumps, or any other sign of imbalance.

rs_1101
01-22-2004, 08:51 PM
well i just hooked up my type s bar and oh my god. its soft enough to not hinder daily driving cuz ive heard of broken endlinks and strange creaks with ctr and progress bars, but this type s bar keeps it very level in corners and i can feel it push me into corners as it keeeps the rear firm as my bishes ass.