PDA

View Full Version : Talk about shitty install insturctions...

ViViDPeArL
11-30-2003, 09:32 PM
thanks to the super ultra vague instructions found on k-series.com on how to replace the stock speakers..............i broke the inside door handle on my EP...cool huh? :mad: :mad: shitty ass insturctions...vauge as hell...good thing it broke where i can glue it back and no one can see it...

cease
11-30-2003, 09:44 PM
arent you getting rid of the car?

ViViDPeArL
11-30-2003, 09:55 PM
eh? when did i say i was gonna get rid of it?

02SilverSiHB
11-30-2003, 09:59 PM
did you comment to anyone on this problem you had?
On k-series that is...

jaydub
11-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by ViViDPeArL
thanks to the super ultra vague instructions found on k-series.com on how to replace the stock speakers..............i broke the inside door handle on my EP...cool huh? :mad: :mad: shitty ass insturctions...vauge as hell...good thing it broke where i can glue it back and no one can see it...

Sounds like installer error to me, it's not rocket science.

Jpax
11-30-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by jaydub
Sounds like installer error to me, it's not rocket science.

BUHAHHAHEAAHHAHAHAHA:D

cease
11-30-2003, 10:28 PM
eh? when did i say i was gonna get rid of it?

my bad , ive got you confused with someone else

Brettnyt
11-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Damn dude, that sucks... Just take it to honda and get it fixed the right way... Before you break something else... :D

ViViDPeArL
12-01-2003, 12:44 AM
thanks for flaming... i'm just saying the instructions were vague and that it didn't fully explain how to do something.

SIxtasy
12-01-2003, 02:42 AM
Maybe you should make a claim with ur insurence? That seems like a popular option these days....:mad:

oogy-boogy
12-01-2003, 05:09 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad break....I found the instructions to be well stated when I did my install. Good luck on the fix....:(

SiR Medic
12-01-2003, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't be complaining about the instructions too much... How much did you pay for them?

If you were uncomfortable with the risk of doing the job yourself, then you should have taken it to a professional installer.

K-Series
12-01-2003, 07:20 AM

Did you look at the door as you were removing pieces? Even after I printed Pax's install and started on the door, I still looked it over to see if all of the screws were removed and that nothing was missed.

Sorry for what happened, but I'm going to have to agree with installer error.

Steve

dtexan
12-01-2003, 07:49 AM
How do you break the inside door handle its so easy to remove?????:rolleyes: you sound like a dumbass blaming someone elses tutoriol for breaking your car when you just didnt take your time and look at it... just be happy someone took the time to make a write-up or How-to for you

Zero Three Si
12-01-2003, 08:41 AM
That's why I downloaded Paxie's movie when it was free!

chet
12-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Zero Three Si
That's why I downloaded Paxie's movie when it was free!

WURD!! :D

ViViDPeArL
12-01-2003, 09:23 AM
hm...i should have free-loaded too... like i said, good thing it broke where i could glue it back without seeing it...oh well...door is fixed

boston's ep3
12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
what part of the handle did you break. Take a pic cause I have the part that you pull on to close the door. it is brand new never used and if it is the right part then it is yours.

ViViDPeArL
12-01-2003, 10:52 AM
that's the part that broke...but no big deal...i fixed it...can't see where i glued it and there's no play so it's fine. thanks though.

ahhhonda
12-01-2003, 11:00 AM
Vivid, I agree with you about the instructions. It's nice that they are there, but they do miss a couple points here and there. I didn't break anything while doing my speakers this past weekend, but I got a little frustrated at times. I am dissappointed with the sound that I have now, but I suspect that a different deck and a sub would help that out quite a bit.

ViViDPeArL
12-01-2003, 01:30 PM
i'm using an alpine 9815, with an alpine v12 mrd-500 mono amp, and an alpine 12" type r 4 ohm dropped to 2ohm and with the stock speakers it sounds great. honestly, i didn't really need to install new speakers but i had them sitting so might as well. when you get a nice headunit that can cross out all your lows, you can make a system sound clean. of course all the audio fanatics will disagree.

ep3hatchattack
12-01-2003, 01:39 PM
As an audio fanatic i agree, i have a Kenwood 911 in-dash DVD player and it is very customizable for the audio settings, and i have the upgraded brain that costs around $500 just for better sound, and i think that the speakers sound great... Burned CD's never sound as good as a real cd so never justify a system by playing a burned copy.