PDA

View Full Version : EP vs. Deer?

RedLight_Si
12-01-2003, 12:16 AM
Has anyone hit a deer with their EP yet,what happened?
Considering how low the car is and the way the hood is
sloped,I would imagine if I were to ever hit a deer head
on at a decent amount of speed the deer would probably
crash right through the windshield right into me.
Any thoughts?

Brettnyt
12-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Didnt CivicRacer or whatever hit one in his car? He had a white EP with a D3 cf body kit and some spoon wheels i think... He drove that sucka right into a deer on the NJ turnpike and i think he totalled it... The deer and the car I am guessing... Now he has an element tho...http://www.geocities.com/acuracivic/suv2.JPG Theres his new element... Looks pretty nice... Check out civicracer.com for more info on it all...

gr33nnugz
12-01-2003, 05:08 AM
I hit a deer 1 month after buying my si. damages totalled around 1800. Part that were replaced Drivers side headlight, Front bumper, hood, and front window. damn deer

02SilverSiHB
12-01-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Didnt CivicRacer or whatever hit one in his car? He had a white EP with a D3 cf body kit and some spoon wheels i think... He drove that sucka right into a deer on the NJ turnpike and i think he totalled it... The deer and the car I am guessing... Now he has an element tho...http://www.geocities.com/acuracivic/suv2.JPG Theres his new element... Looks pretty nice... Check out civicracer.com for more info on it all...
yeah, he sold the fiberimages kit to me :D

Brettnyt
12-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
yeah, he sold the fiberimages kit to me :D

Nice! I had no idea... I bet he gave you a good deal on it too!

blakangel
12-01-2003, 02:19 PM
I've had my ep about a month and a half now, on the way home from work a few nights ago I hit two deer! They stopped right in front of my car, I slammed on the brakes and I tapped them both in the legs w/ the front bumper and knocked them over, they got up and ran away, no damage to the ep!

just lucky i guess...

-keith

skooba
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by blakangel
I've had my ep about a month and a half now, on the way home from work a few nights ago I hit two deer! They stopped right in front of my car, I slammed on the brakes and I tapped them both in the legs w/ the front bumper and knocked them over, they got up and ran away, no damage to the ep!

just lucky i guess...

-keith

LOL thats hilarious! glad no damage happened to your car.

the JigGa mAn
12-01-2003, 03:03 PM
STUPID ANIMALS...WHY DONT THEY USE CROSS WALKS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

chet
12-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by blakangel

just lucky i guess...

-keith

That's some serious luck there man!! I've hit like 4 deer in the last 7 yrs or so. The first two, in my Saturn. WOW!! Looked like 2 out of the 3 Fatboys had reunited on my hood. I had one actually run into the side of my Ram 4X4 and bounce off. I just hit another one in my truck about a month and a half ago. So glad I was not in the EP. I was doing about 65 mph and before I could slow down to 60, they were all over the highway. 3 of them spread out perfectly, I couldn't go anywhere. I could not even imagine what a deer would do to an EP at decent speed.

BTW, I am coming home from work at like 4am, so its prime time if the weather is right, for deer to be out and about.

ANd yeah!! I wish they would use the crosswalks!!

civicracer.com
12-01-2003, 03:28 PM
ha ha....i am the original deer hunter!
killed that sucka!
good enough to shut down the turn pike for clean up

the car actually held up

but not to my standards after the hit

: (

i cried and was depressed for a few weeks

traded that sucka for my element in august

i fixed the car myself - no carfax report

trade in value with 36,000 miles 14 months old was 11,400$

here is what i replaced the SI with

www.thehondaelement.com

civicracer.com
12-01-2003, 03:30 PM
ha ha....i am the original deer hunter!
killed that sucka!
good enough to shut down the turn pike for clean up

the car actually held up

but not to my standards after the hit

: (

i cried and was depressed for a few weeks

traded that sucka for my element in august

i fixed the car myself - no carfax report

trade in value with 36,000 miles 14 months old was 11,400$

here is what i replaced the SI with

www.thehondaelement.com

http://www.boomspeed.com/ivtec/SUV11.JPG

STP03BlueSI
12-01-2003, 03:39 PM
THATS A BAD AsS ELEMENT!:blushm: :tongue: :smilem:

TrippZ
12-01-2003, 04:46 PM
haha civic racer i remember when you fucked that deer up, and then you stopped coming to EPHatch for a while...

yeah, elements coming along nice :cool: i see you got the drop

TheMutt
12-01-2003, 04:58 PM
Damn I wish I had that car. Maybe if I ever trade in my Si I will get one. They look so nice with rims and a drop!