PDA

View Full Version : Showstoppers AEM CAI

BluePearl03Si
12-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Just a question to anyone who ordered an AEM CAI for their EP from showstoppers.

I was wondering if the one you got came in the new badge style?

http://www.aempower.com/productSubCatImages/1_1_f.jpg

Or the old badge style?

http://www.autopartsperformance.com/images/aem-intake.jpg

I really like the newer style a bit more, so I'm hoping they are the new ones and not closeouts.

SHAKEnBAKE
12-01-2003, 02:40 AM
I didn't ordered from them, but after installing it, the intake barely shows anyways. It's only visible for a few inches and then the piping plunges straight down.

BluePearl03Si
12-01-2003, 03:11 AM
Well I know it barely shows with a stock engine cover on, which I don't have on. And while the filter is differant between the two, I doubt it will affect performance that much. Obviously the badge wouldn't affect anything performance wise.

Showstoppers didn't do anything bad if they sent out an older one, and for the price It is still a hell of a bargin. But if it's a closeout of an older style, it should be labeled as such. I mean yea it's "New" but I could say a radio built in 1990 was "New" if it had never been taken out of the box or been sold. Just kinda nice to know what you are getting.

But yea, it's not a huge deal and the price is right even if it turns out to be the older style. Just curious.

greenguy
12-01-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by BluePearl03Si
Well I know it barely shows with a stock engine cover on, which I don't have on.
Well once the intake exits the T-B it takes a 90' turn down. That will be all you see, The stock engine cover will only block the T-B. so the intake bend is exposed either way.
BTW: what color did you get?

BluePearl03Si
12-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Blue, Yea

FreakSoft
12-01-2003, 06:24 PM
I got a red one with the new badge style from SSUSA.

BluePearl03Si
12-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Well I ordered mine from SSUSA so I should get the same =)

Hooray!