PDA

View Full Version : Fish Eyes

LI03SI
12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
HI I just recently got my car fitted with the BC3 kit and got it painted.... There is a TON of fish eyes in my paint. They come in like little clusters of 5-8 usually within a couple inches of each other. maybe there is about 50 of them between the rear bumper, Both doors and fender, plus the front bumper has a nastly little section of 10.

I am about to go to the body shop and bitch in a day or so and I need some feedback from you guys so I got some ammunition against this asshole. I want the car repainted b/c this kind of BS really pisses me off.

SO feel free to chime in b/c Ill take any advice I can get.

Si3
12-01-2003, 10:38 AM
you've already nailed it on the head! go and bitch, then bitch some more, then go get a lawyer and bring him to the shop, and both of you bitch.

you have ever right to get your car repainted, at their expense. if you are willing to wait and file a law suit you can even make them pay another (hopefully better) shop to do the work!

Be patient and persistant! (i just typed that in another post about a wrecked ep(ha ha ha...a wrecked)), but just dont settle or assume you owe the shop anything. also, get your checkbook out... most shops that do shitty work, have shitty workers & owners. so there is a good chance you might be going to court! (dont be afraid of a expensive lawyer, they are the best and you can sue for lawyer fees as well!)

good luck, keep us updated.
-aj-

**pics of the new paint job please**

Si Death
12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
pics would be nice? what are fish eyes?

mrfixit687
12-02-2003, 12:19 AM
how much did you pay for the paintjob?

oldschoolimport
12-02-2003, 07:26 AM
they did not clean the surface before spraying it. fingerprints, cleaning souluions, or left over wax that was not removed can cause fisheying. surface prep is 85% of a good paint job, spraying it just makes it shine.