PDA

View Full Version : anyone has spoon springs???

prototype_tl
12-01-2003, 04:52 PM
anyone who has spoon springs.....how is it? any noise problem while driving. how's the drive with those springs. thanks.

eurosteez
12-03-2003, 02:25 PM
seems like a no

Peking
12-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by eurosteez
seems like a no

Are they even Spoon springs for the EP, do they even have any products for us other than a strut bar?....

toda_power
12-04-2003, 11:45 PM
spoon makes springs, bolt on rear section exhaust and a top front strut bar for our cars.

Suk02Si
12-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Aren't Spoon springs made by KGMM? Go straight to the source for a better deal :D

estebones
12-05-2003, 02:58 AM
htey are a bit pricey at $300.00 usd.
but I am hoping to get some on my birthday.
anyone can dream right?

SiRman
12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes I have them, they are made by Spoon and they are for EP.

bryan
12-05-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by SiRman
Yes I have them, they are made by Spoon and they are for EP.

How do you like them?

SiRman
12-06-2003, 07:24 AM
I like them a lot. Lately my impression is that they seem much stiffer then they used to. Not sure if it's because the roads here are gettng rougher (winter), or a shock issue.
Hopefully no shock issues..or I may need to get these:
http://parametricrecords.com/images/Fixed-Damper-Kit.jpg
"Spoon fixed dampers are ideal for drivers desiring a sportier feel without the harshness of higher end coilovers. These dampers can be used with stock or aftermarket lowering springs. For the best result, the fixed damper kit should be used with Spoon Progressive Springs"

Before install a had a issue with a clunking noise from what I thought was the rear suspension. In fact the sound has been there since new. After several very frustrating trips to my "I don't go there anymore" Honda dealer they were unable to fix the problem let alone diagnose it. They tried to say the noise was caused by my engine torque damper.

Anyways what I'm getting at is clunk since new......clunks more often now...not sure if the springs have played a factor.

Search "Spoon progressive springs" for my original post on them.