PDA

View Full Version : Me and My Brothers car are BOTH in the shop!

simann
12-01-2003, 08:37 PM
First off My brother has a 2003 acura RSX type S with 14,000 miles on it...Less than a year old......the TRANSMISSION WENT OUT:eek: All but HALF of neutral and 2nd gear will not even engauge! He was meerly putting along lugging it into 3rd gear in our neighborhood when it happend, no warning....just since 5-6,000 miles did it start to pop out of 3rd and grind 2nd and 3rd.

To make matters worse....I have had the same problem with my Si, poping out of gear, grinding 2md and third on and off, and some of you may remember my FOUR (yes thats 4) times the Transmission TOTALLY locked out on me, mirraculously getting it to slowly go back to normal trying to baby it home. The day that my brothers Type-s broke, my 4th gear, coming from grinding third (not my fault!!!!), faild to engauge.....:mad:

So far the Acura dealership has basically taken the job full on the figure out the problem the FIRST visit with them....but my old Honda dealership for the 4th visit has told me my car was fine after 2 technicians drove it "around the parking lot for a while." To say the least they dont give a rats butt about it....the real problem is that this is not an every day occurance for my transsmission...it comes and goes as it pleases! ITS A DANG HAZARD!!!!! I could be in traffic or at speed on the Highway for goodness sakes, lucky for my brother he was in the neighborhood still!

Its a sad sad sight to see a NEW ACURA RSX on a flatbed carrier being toted to the dealership.

I will let you guys know what happens tommarow! This is gonna be a long thread!

And also, My Father, who basically went out of his way and bought these then "Quality" cars for us to have is no soo MAD. I feel so sorry for him, he has HAD ENOUGH OF HONDA....he has a 350Z roadster....me and my brother like nissan alot more know. ENOUGH SAID

Update later guys:rolleyes: :mad: :'(

simann
12-01-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, I have 29,000 miles on my EP3 Si Vs. My brothers 14,000 on the Type-S

civicSIracer
12-01-2003, 08:50 PM
going to want to really push that tranny on honda cuz your warrente is almost up.....

!@#$%
12-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Im thinking:

The same person taught you and your brother to drive stick incorrectly.

or

One of you are a really horrible shifter, and drove both cars.

There is a catch here. The transmission isnt going to just stop working putting along. Racing it's possible, but not just cruising unless you just mess something up.

02SilverSiHB
12-01-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by simann
Oh yeah, I have 29,000 miles on my EP3 Si Vs. My brothers 14,000 on the Type-S
sounds like what happened to my tranny. but it only locked up once I got going in the higher rpms...although 4th and 5th would lock up at any rpm. honda guys drove it, said it's good to go...but the technician asked me to test it out first...it wasn't fixed, still did the same shit..so then I got the mechanics in with me in the car and took them for a drive and showed them what was going on...they finally got it and found that the clutch was toast due to me driving like a mad man.

Civic and integra...rsx...trannys are whimpy...they aren't made for us.

RacingCivicSi02
12-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
Im thinking:

The same person taught you and your brother to drive stick incorrectly.

or

One of you are a really horrible shifter, and drove both cars.

Im thinking the same things rite now. 2 different car but both tranmission going out. Not trying to say you can't drive but it can be a drivers error.

ATRIOT
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
If they dont fix, just wait outside the dealership and offer potential customers test drives. Your problem will be solved quickly.

2QK4U ALLWAYS
12-02-2003, 06:42 AM
Next time it happens just shut the car off call the dealer to come and pick up. Dont try to baby it, if the problem is there when they get it they will fix it no problem. When you ease it out you might not be able to replicate the problem so just leave it next time it happens and have it towed ;)
Who cares if the car is being towed and what others see do you know them no who gives a rats a**.

jaydub
12-02-2003, 06:47 AM
That's interesting. I beat the shit out of my car and I'm at 26k with no problems. My tranny is as smooth as the day I bought it.

todaCspec
12-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by jaydub
That's interesting. I beat the shit out of my car and I'm at 26k with no problems. My tranny is as smooth as the day I bought it.

Smooth as butter, just don't slam on gears all the time. Shifting gears is like making love to a woman, you have to be smooth, precise, and to the point. ;)

simann
12-02-2003, 10:58 AM
I like ATRIOT's idea! They will fix it if I offer people test drives! hehehehehe:mad:

On the test drive topic, before we bought the car me and my dad of cours took it for a test drive. The salesman drove it first on some insane backroads with hella curves and basically took the car to its limit, he SCARED my dad and made me laugh, he wanted to show what the dealer installed Motegi wheels and Dunlop SP sport tires did to help the traction. I am going to come up there and have him test the car and then test another one after that and see if he can tell a difference. The salesman was also a SCCA racer and a Police High Speed Driving Instructer just to say he DID know what he was doing! When we brought in the car, he was astonished at what was going on, and when he learned that my brothers Type-s tranny completely "FAILED" as the Acura Technician stated, he was kinda bewildered also.

Have any of you guys been on the Clubrsx forum lately? A guy with a 2004 Type-S is grinding third (3rd) already.....and a guy with an 2002 has had his transmission rebuilt 4 times yes thats four times..

And on that matter, me and my brother LEARNED how to drive in a 1993 Maxima SE 5 speed, we NEVER grinded any gears. Thats why my Father helped us buy manual transmission cars in the first place, he trusted our driving skills ;)

They are either going to replace the transmission or me and my father are walking away from the car

NOUGH SAID
:p :p :p :mad: :mad: :mad:

jaydub
12-02-2003, 11:05 AM
I don't quite know how to put this in "friendly" terms, but I'm willing to bet your demeanor and attitude have a little bit to do with this. It seems like you're being a bit pretentious about this situation, and you're expecting the dealership to bow down for you.

a) they don't need you

b) they don't have to do what you tell them to do

c) they don't have to cover things that were broken due to misuse or abuse

It's as simple as that. Just because you're not grinding gears doesn't mean you know how to shift properly, and having the attitude that you'll walk away from the car if they don't fix it is pretty childish.

As for the clubRSX guy with four trannies under his belt, if he's stupid enough to take it to the same dealership and it keeps breaking, that's his fault. Besides if his tranny failed four times, he might be eligible for the lemon law, so after the third time, he's just a retard for getting it fixed. I'm calling bullshit on that one.

simann
12-02-2003, 11:32 AM
I don't quite know how to put this in "friendly" terms, but I'm willing to bet your demeanor and attitude have a little bit to do with this. It seems like you're being a bit pretentious about this situation, and you're expecting the dealership to bow down for you.

a) they don't need you

b) they don't have to do what you tell them to do

c) they don't have to cover things that were broken due to misuse or abuse

It's as simple as that. Just because you're not grinding gears doesn't mean you know how to shift properly, and having the attitude that you'll walk away from the car if they don't fix it is pretty childish.

As for the clubRSX guy with four trannies under his belt, if he's stupid enough to take it to the same dealership and it keeps breaking, that's his fault. Besides if his tranny failed four times, he might be eligible for the lemon law, so after the third time, he's just a retard for getting it fixed. I'm calling bullshit on that one.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARED OF A WARRANTY?
They keep replacing the failed synchros with the same ones theat fail again and over again.
I dont think its childish at all. I have been there 4 times to complain, since roughly 5-6,000 miles on mine, its been acting up. THey could of done something then. But they didnt. It puts the dealership in a bind since i have and they have records that stated nothing was wrong with it. BUT if something was wrong then and is still obviously wrong, THEY ARE AT FAULT FOR NOT TAKING THE INCENTIVET TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEN. Subsequently it has gotten worse.

Oh and Acura just called and my brothers car is going to be ready for pick up at 4. After some talking, I ask the manager what went wrong, he said, they replaced the shifter fork for 3rd and fourth gears. It was broken, I said could it have broken due to it popping out of third gear and him (being my brother) trying to cope and put it back into gear in a frantic frenzy being in traffic and all? He said Yes, I went on and pursued the conversation asking him "what then was causing it to pop out of 3rd gear", he stuttered and said, " well, we replaced the shift fork and checked out the synchros and gears and found nothing elso wrong." Hmmmmmmm, sounds fishy to me! All in all it was covered fully under warranty.

will update later....and if you just have flame posts, telling me that i cant drive, making you look like you are a "proffesional" driver and shifer, JUST DONT WASTE YOUR TIME TO TYPE SOME STUPID RICER REMARK. I dont care if you can shift like your touching a woman!

:confused:

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Every car is different. I've test driven at least 60 cars in the past two years including driving my friend's cars around town on a regular basis.

My SI was my learning car for a manual and she's getting rough already at 14k. Me and 6 others learned to drive on her. I'd care a little more if I didn't already expect it. When we all started learning on her, we all grinded and shifted funny at first, but you have to adapt to the car. Everyone but me drives my car like its a sports car as well. The transmission will be replaced one day with something more suited for driving that style. I also plan for a diff clutch.

I'm sure the two of you drive your cars a lot rougher than you are willing to admit. It's easier to blame Honda when you have your parents over your shoulders. I know wouldn't tell my parents that I drove the hell out of my Accord. = D

simann
12-02-2003, 11:38 AM
Your right, I do drive differently than you, i DONT and my brother Certainly does not Drive the "hell" out of his car!

Thats what your ricers dont get or just are overlooking....look at the way they market our cars...they arnt really standing behind there product!:p

van_yammer
12-02-2003, 11:39 AM
I think it's funny how people are jumping down this guy's throat with driver error because he's talking about Hondas, something tells me it would be a different story if he and his brother had SRT-4s...

That said, my 02 Si shifts perfectly - I almost can't believe how smooth it is. That doesn't mean I don't believe him though.

simann
12-02-2003, 11:41 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!;)

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 11:41 AM
will update later....and if you just have flame posts, telling me that i cant drive, making you look like you are a "proffesional" driver and shifer, JUST DONT WASTE YOUR TIME TO TYPE SOME STUPID RICER REMARK. I dont care if you can shift like your touching a woman!

How old are you? I'm not trying to flame, but I'm 20 and I know I drove the f*ck out of the cars that my parents fixed for me. Wasn't my money. Now it is, so it's different. I'm no professional, but I have only been driving a manual for 9 months or so. I have friends I won't let touch my car because they can't shift even though they drive manuals. They blame my shifter location, I blame their lack of skills.

Just my .02

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by van_yammer
I think it's funny how people are jumping down this guy's throat with driver error because he's talking about Hondas, something tells me it would be a different story if he and his brother had SRT-4s...

That said, my 02 Si shifts perfectly - I almost can't believe how smooth it is. That doesn't mean I don't believe him though.

Oh I don't doubt that it could just be a tranny/clutch problem from the start. I'm just saying. I don't know him or his brother or how they drive.

My friends SRT-4s haven't had issues yet and they are modded with a ton of Mopar products. They've also both been driving manuals for years.

BTW, I'm not a ricer. I don't dog my car. I almost never drive her.

jaydub
12-02-2003, 11:47 AM
HAVE YOU EVER HEARED OF A WARRANTY?
They keep replacing the failed synchros with the same ones theat fail again and over again.
I dont think its childish at all. I have been there 4 times to complain, since roughly 5-6,000 miles on mine, its been acting up. THey could of done something then. But they didnt. It puts the dealership in a bind since i have and they have records that stated nothing was wrong with it. BUT if something was wrong then and is still obviously wrong, THEY ARE AT FAULT FOR NOT TAKING THE INCENTIVET TO FIX THE PROBLEM THEN. Subsequently it has gotten worse.

Oh and Acura just called and my brothers car is going to be ready for pick up at 4. After some talking, I ask the manager what went wrong, he said, they replaced the shifter fork for 3rd and fourth gears. It was broken, I said could it have broken due to it popping out of third gear and him (being my brother) trying to cope and put it back into gear in a frantic frenzy being in traffic and all? He said Yes, I went on and pursued the conversation asking him "what then was causing it to pop out of 3rd gear", he stuttered and said, " well, we replaced the shift fork and checked out the synchros and gears and found nothing elso wrong." Hmmmmmmm, sounds fishy to me! All in all it was covered fully under warranty.

:confused:

Well I think you're just a rude asshole, and that's why they're fucking around on your car.

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 11:49 AM
lol

jaydub
12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
And if "all these people" were having problems, it seems to me that a recall would've been issued. It seems to run in your family.

simann
12-02-2003, 12:11 PM
JAYDUB,

you are not aiding or helping anyone. Your meerly trying to start an argument. I do not appreciate ANY of your slander twords me or MY FAMILY. You do not know me, nor my family. And I CERTAINLY do not want to know you, and am not going to respond to your selfish, childish, concockted explainations of why you think i am at fault.
I not going to curse or bring my self down anywhere close to your pathetic level. I leave you with this:

"What come around, goes around"

jaydub
12-02-2003, 12:15 PM
JAYDUB,

you are not aiding or helping anyone. Your meerly trying to start an argument. I do not appreciate ANY of your slander twords me or MY FAMILY. You do not know me, nor my family. And I CERTAINLY do not want to know you, and am not going to respond to your selfish, childish, concockted explainations of why you think i am at fault.
I not going to curse or bring my self down anywhere close to your pathetic level. I leave you with this:

"What come around, goes around"

You need a spelling lesson.

simann
12-02-2003, 12:16 PM
thats what happens when I have better things to do than to argue with you!

jaydub
12-02-2003, 12:18 PM
thats what happens when I have better things to do than to argue with you!

I thought you were done arguing with me, if so then feel free to STFU.

simann
12-02-2003, 12:19 PM
I thought you were done arguing with me, if so then feel free to STFU.

?????????????????????

Back to the subject of my transmission!:p ;)

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 12:30 PM
So they fixed one - what's the story on urs>

simann
12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
There has been more than one on this forum, and over a hundred complaints and warranty claims on club rsx.

Mine is just an ongoing argument with a stubborn honda dealership, besides, i just talked to my sales man and he agreed to help me out in my situation after hearing of my brothers car and knowing how many times i have brought my car in, and NOTHING was done about it. He pointed out its probably in MY favor that its lasted this long, me doing the right thing. If they do find a problem ( I am 100% sure they will) Its there fault they did not fix it earlier! They are going to be at fault. Say they open my tranny up and see a "worn" clutch and a bent shift fork. The reason the clutch grinded away is when i had to drive it home in 4th gear buring the clutch at every stop for 40 minutes or soo! And they still said nothing was wrong then!
You getting what I am saying know!?!:rolleyes:

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Take it elsewhere. I had issues with the place where I bought my car cause they didn't want to deal with us "kids". I now use Gwinnett Place Honda cause they actually do what I want them to without hesitation.

intelli
12-02-2003, 04:16 PM
Sounds like you need to learn how to shift.

A misaligned or broken fork can cause you to pop out of gear. I broken a fork slamming into gears while autocrossing (87 Si). The car popped out of gear after that. That's how I knew I had a problem.

bratkat64
12-02-2003, 04:52 PM
http://www.rancidgaming.com/forum/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=525&pid=2808

SMILE!

simann
12-02-2003, 10:02 PM
hey INTELLI, Mine popped out on its OWN, i have never missed gears until it started popping out by itself!!!!! FOR GOODNESS SAKES!!!

Some of you guys in this forum are a bunch of flaming ricers!GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I dont race, I dont speed shift, I dont even spin my tires!!!!!!!!!

I meerly drive an economy sports car. A simple Civic, Some of you guys mouths (more so fingers) can run faster than your cars (or typing).

Only 1 or 2 of you have actually tried to relate to my situation. I can thank ATRIOT, and BratKat64, 2QK4U ALLWAYS.

Thank you for at least trying to listen!

;)

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Perhaps if you made it look like you were willing to listen to the other side of the argument, people wouldn't be so rough on you. You just cannot believe that you might've had something to do with your transmission's problems, instead you'd rather blame Honda, the dealership, etc. etc. and call those of us who are sceptical "ricers." The fact remains that while there MAY be some issues, they're few and far between, and I highly doubt Honda would risk their reputation as one of the most reliable cars in the world over this.

Stop being so melodramatic, the whole world isn't against you. :rolleyes:

simann
12-02-2003, 10:24 PM
i dont like rappers:rolleyes:

You keep on posting your stupid remarks. Cocky son of a *****. I am sick of your Poetic antics, just shut up, how much about a transmission do YOU know...have you researched this problem for 8 months? Much less have you been to the Acura or Honda dealerships to have tranny schematics printed out for the Base RSX, Type-S, and Si?
Have you spent countless hours at a Dealership talking to managers, general managers, and technicians on this subject? Are you so mad at the dealerships way of handaling things that you have told them that you will NEVER EVER buy another honda again? And did your salesman take your side of the argument AGAINST the offensive service managers?

Thats where I am coming from young man! I have dealt with This Lemon of an automobile for 24,000 miles, enough to make me scared to drive the dag gum car! Has your tranny locked out on you infront of a 100 or so fellow import buddies, them laughing at your BRAND NEW Si cause the tranny decided to crash your night?

Like I said, This is where my attitude is coming from!

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:35 PM
i dont like rappers:rolleyes:

You keep on posting your stupid remarks. Cocky son of a *****. I am sick of your Poetic antics, just shut up, how much about a transmission do YOU know...have you researched this problem for 8 months? Much less have you been to the Acura or Honda dealerships to have tranny schematics printed out for the Base RSX, Type-S, and Si?
Have you spent countless hours at a Dealership talking to managers, general managers, and technicians on this subject? Are you so mad at the dealerships way of handaling things that you have told them that you will NEVER EVER buy another honda again? And did your salesman take your side of the argument AGAINST the offensive service managers?

Thats where I am coming from young man! I have dealt with This Lemon of an automobile for 24,000 miles, enough to make me scared to drive the dag gum car! Has your tranny locked out on you infront of a 100 or so fellow import buddies, them laughing at your BRAND NEW Si cause the tranny decided to crash your night?

Like I said, This is where my attitude is coming from!
Actually I have been in this situation, when I owned my Volkswagen. I didn't act like an immature little kid, I didn't bring my daddy along, and I didn't throw a tantrum when I didn't like what they had to say. I find it very very hard to believe that if you're hanging out with "import buddies" (which makes you 10 times the ricer I am... import buddies!! bahahahaha) that you drive like a grandpa. Do you think they give a fuck that you won't buy another Honda? Why do you think the salesman would take your side? Perhaps so you could buy another car from them? Wtf does he have to gain from "being on your side"? Not a goddamn thing. He isn't your buddy, he isn't your pal, he isn't on your side. He wants to make sure you keep your business with them, and you fell for it. You got played. If you've done all this research and looked over the schematics and everything, your fucking transmission would be fixed by now, but it's not. Just because you've read the schematics and talked to the technicians doesn't mean you know jack shit about transmissions, which is obvious because earlier you said something about the clutch being in there. http://www.dubfusion.com/smilies/rofl.gif

No car is problem free, and that's obviously what you expect from your honda. Do yourself a favor: Sell it and take the bus.

simann
12-02-2003, 10:40 PM
"to stop worrying about the things i don't have and enjoy the things i do, to appreciate myself a little bit more, to have a day where i don't have to think about anything"

Why dont you stop worrying about MY problem...

Oh yeah, thats the quote from your dumbass website...It was hard to bring myself to your level and visit your shrine of stupidity

:D

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Why don't you go drive your car? Oh wait...

EDIT: and you're goddamn right I have that on my website, why wouldn't I? At least I can handle my own business without my daddy tagging along.

simann
12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
That was.........pretty....welll......LAME

simann
12-02-2003, 10:43 PM
I am begining to enjoy your style of constructive criticism! Kinda getting funny....hows it feel DUBMEISTER

simann
12-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Rub a DUB DUB

:D

simann
12-02-2003, 10:46 PM
Oh and i dont think your Avatar (where my bitches at) is helping you out any mister!

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:46 PM
what the hell are you talking about?

simann
12-02-2003, 10:47 PM
wheres your bitches at? the only bitch I see is your dog on your website!

simann
Your wifes cute though!;)

jaydub
Wow my very own stalker. I feel so priveledged.

simann
12-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Its feeling kinda lonely at your level of intellegence, so i will stop now.....heheheheh

simann
12-02-2003, 10:49 PM
http://www.dubfusion.com/temp/mj.jpg

theres your Bitch

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:50 PM
yeah now that you've "gone down to my level" perhaps you could take a few spelling tests, maybe even a speech class to assist you in dealing with those mean ol' dealership guys.

ATRIOT
12-02-2003, 10:53 PM
Time to call the locksmith :confusem:

jaydub
12-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Time to call the locksmith :confusem:
already been summoned. :)

simann
12-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Oh go run to mama.......

simann
12-02-2003, 11:02 PM
I should of said this earlier but...

"arguing on the internet is like winning in the special olympics, even though you've won, you're STILL RETARDED."

I ran spell checker on that one hahahahahahahaha:D

Mugen_EP
12-02-2003, 11:40 PM
simann thats strike one for you. Only two stikes in my game and your out.